Some changes to CanesInSight staff

Andrew

All American
Administrator
By now you have probably noticed that admins, moderators, and editorial no longer share the same "Staff member". This separation was done to better indicate to users what role a staff member has with CanesInSight. We also removed titles from moderators that were no longer active in moderating. We did this to be more transparent on who is doing what and who users can reach out too. Many of our retired moderators still browse the forums and we don't want to give the impression that moderators are not taking action.

Retired moderators still have access to the moderator board and we still value their opinions. While they can't personally warn or ban you, they can get other moderators to do that. The success of CanesInSight is in large part to the many great volunteers that patrolled our forums during the initial years. I believe CanesInSight has the best board culture around and you can thank those mods for it.

What you can expect is that Moderators will moderator the boards, Editorial staff will produce articles, and Administrators will handle disputes (we side with our mods) amongst their other responsibilities. You can access the list of moderators from a link in the submenu and that link also has a list of editorial staff and administrators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I thought I was gonna see some people get fired (personal past experience). Not that I have anyone in particular in mind.

Advertisement
By now you have probably noticed that admins, moderators, and editorial no longer share the same "Staff member". This separation was done to better indicate to users what role a staff member has with CanesInSight. We also removed titles from moderators that were no longer active in moderating. We did this to be more transparent on who is doing what and who users can reach out too. Many of our retired moderators still browse the forums and we don't want to give the impression that moderators are not taking action.

Retired moderators still have access to the moderator board and we still value their opinions. While they can't personally warn or ban you, they can get other moderators too. The success of CanesInSight is in large part to the many great volunteers that patrolled our forums during the initial years. I believe CanesInSight has the best board culture around and you can think those mods for it.

What you can expect is that Moderators will moderator the boards, Editorial staff will produce articles, and Administrators will handle disputes (we side with our mods) amongst their other responsibilities. You can access the list of moderators from a link in the submenu and that link also has a list of editorial staff and administrators.
B44F428C-8748-4002-B5F9-56CBB4BD2414.jpeg

☝️
🤷🏻‍♂️

You and you alone should have that one.
@Andrew, how about a compromise and make me the Mauderator? I operate in unorthodox ways anyhow. I’d also give JD the option since I think he’s the one who started calling us Maude’s in the KTDT. If half the board doesn’t get it then even better. I’ve got plenty of surprises for the unsuspecting.

Advertisement
@Andrew, how about a compromise and make me the Mauderator? I operate in unorthodox ways anyhow. I’d also give JD the option since I think he’s the one who started calling us Maude’s in the KTDT. If half the board doesn’t get it then even better. I’ve got plenty of surprises for the unsuspecting.

Just use this as your new thumbnail photo, and change "Bea Arthur" to "RVACane".

1617795994114.png

Retired moderators still have access to the moderator board and we still value their opinions. While they can't personally warn or ban you, they can get other moderators too. The success of CanesInSight is in large part to the many great volunteers that patrolled our forums during the initial years. I believe CanesInSight has the best board culture around and you can think those mods for it.

Haven't heard back on my application. Did @RVACane forget to turn it in?

tonight GIF

Advertisement

1617820873356.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back