Some BOT members-James and Manny on Notice

It's a shame there's not more support for Canes hoops. The fanbase would be in pure meltdown mode if we had one. The program's current state is an utter disgrace and I don't see it getting better anytime soon. Maybe if we had Canes hoops fans, there'd be more pressure on Flake James to force L to retire.
As someone who does not follow the program, is it all/primarily Larranaga? I know I have seen some headlines about a lack of bodies for several games, but didn't know if it was covid and/or injury related. How much did the FBI investigation impact us?

I am not saying those things as excuses, I'm just trying to get an idea of what the root of the issue is.

Advertisement
As someone who does not follow the program, is it all/primarily Larranaga? I know I have seen some headlines about a lack of bodies for several games, but didn't know if it was covid and/or injury related. How much did the FBI investigation impact us?

I am not saying those things as excuses, I'm just trying to get an idea of what the root of the issue is.
FBI killed a class and then the opt outs and injury this year but its more of a trend of decline over the years. I think its time for L to retire.

He was rolling until that FBI ****. He never recovered and has been unable to fill the roster with bodies let alone capable players.

sad to see.

Advertisement
FBI killed a class and then the opt outs and injury this year but its more of a trend of decline over the years. I think its time for L to retire.
Killed a class is an understatement. Miami didn't have an incoming class, it was decimated. Combine that with natural attrition and awful injury luck and you have a program that is struggling to put a decent product on the floor. When the team is healthy, it's a pretty solid group, as evidenced by their wins over Louisville and Purdue. Problem is that you can't consistently compete when you never know who is going to play.

Advertisement
Go get em
I got 4 of them. 1 or 2 of them from the same poster are still around. He had 6 accounts up and down voting each other and conversing on a variety of topics.

Just know that when you are here, you’re in the House of Androol.

Killed a class is an understatement. Miami didn't have an incoming class, it was decimated. Combine that with natural attrition and awful injury luck and you have a program that is struggling to put a decent product on the floor. When the team is healthy, it's a pretty solid group, as evidenced by their wins over Louisville and Purdue. Problem is that you can't consistently compete when you never know who is going to play.
So how long are we going to continue to use this as an excuse? How much longer does L get before we finally stop blaming the FBI investigation and we start questioning the state of this program? Do you really think next year is looking any better?

There are plenty of other programs that were under investigation and are doing just fine now. We are 3 years removed from it. Are we going to blame the FBI for why we still can't recruit a single big man on this roster? Are we going to blame the FBI for our horrific shooting? Are we going to blame the FBI for our stagnant, hero ball offense? Are we going to blame the FBI for the lack of development in some of our recent recruits (Beverly, I'm looking at you)?

Sure, the FBI had an impact. But this is a bottom line business, and L and his staff have had 3 years to recover and look at the dumpster fire we are today. At some point, it might be time to start over and move on.

So how long are we going to continue to use this as an excuse? How much longer does L get before we finally stop blaming the FBI investigation and we start questioning the state of this program? Do you really think next year is looking any better?

There are plenty of other programs that were under investigation and are doing just fine now. We are 3 years removed from it. Are we going to blame the FBI for why we still can't recruit a single big man on this roster? Are we going to blame the FBI for our horrific shooting? Are we going to blame the FBI for our stagnant, hero ball offense? Are we going to blame the FBI for the lack of development in some of our recent recruits (Beverly, I'm looking at you)?

Sure, the FBI had an impact. But this is a bottom line business, and L and his staff have had 3 years to recover and look at the dumpster fire we are today. At some point, it might be time to start over and move on.
Were we totally innocent, or did the FBI not have anything on us? 🤔

Were we totally innocent, or did the FBI not have anything on us? 🤔
IIRC, a guy on one of the wire taps just threw our name out there and it was just a complete fabrication. But because our name was on a recording, we got lumped in with everything.

Having said that, it was years ago and @gablescane summed it up perfectly. The roster is a mess and they consistently have a team below the scholarship limits. We have been on self-inflicted probation for years and then complain we have no depth.

Advertisement
IIRC, a guy on one of the wire taps just threw our name out there and it was just a complete fabrication. But because our name was on a recording, we got lumped in with everything.

Having said that, it was years ago and @gablescane summed it up perfectly. The roster is a mess and they consistently have a team below the scholarship limits. We have been on self-inflicted probation for years and then complain we have no depth.
Exactly. Look at next season's roster. We have SEVEN guys eligible to leave (Gak, Sam, Miller, Brooks, Kam, Lykes, Olayni) and we only have three guys committed (all guards and one of them still hasn't signed). Plus Cross already left the program to go to Louisville. If most of the eligible guys leave (I'm sure at least a couple of them are going to stay....if I had to guess, Sam and Olayni will stay and the others will leave), we are going to have to bring in like 4 or 5 transfers just to fill out the roster. Roster management has been and continues to be a mess.

Advertisement
He was rolling until that FBI ****. He never recovered and has been unable to fill the roster with bodies let alone capable players.

sad to see.
He didn't fill the open spots on the roster... that's on Coach L.... go Juco if needed.
At one point they didn't have enough players to run practice during the season....

That is fireable incompetence or lethargy. Coach L and his "***"istants own this fiasco of a program....

It's a shame there's not more support for Canes hoops. The fanbase would be in pure meltdown mode if we had one. The program's current state is an utter disgrace and I don't see it getting better anytime soon. Maybe if we had Canes hoops fans, there'd be more pressure on Flake James to force L to retire.

It really doesn't seem to be a matter of pride to attain excellence here anymore.

Because IF the recent past and current sorry states of our former championship caliber football and baseball teams haven't moved them to take action yet........I really don't see how the added weight of our basketball program ( that has never won a championship ) would add any additional pressure to make a change.

Sorry to say, seems that "Middle of the road" or average end of the year results appear to be more than acceptable to whoever makes our sports personnel performance reviews. Unlike other premier programs , winning championships no longer seems to be a relevant goal for those in charge here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back