Some Advice to Mario from another local reporter

Advertisement
The way I see it mario was given a very long leash…. He wasn’t coming here if this was a usual 3 year turnaround expectation.

And with that leash length it gave him stubbornness to start this season in wanting to strictly stick to “the plan” and didn’t try and do the best to win for now… always the “the plan” which is the future and culture. Does it suck it right now? 1000% it does… in 2/3 seasons and it takes off and we’re cruising with 10+ win seasons making noise in the playoffs will we all look back and say **** glad we went to the bottom to build back to the top

Look if your still a die hard fan now 20years since our last January bowl win then you might as well just buckle up and give Mario his 3-5 years to see what he does and support him because ain’t nothing changing until MAYBE 2028

True, Jimmy Johnson didn‘t discourage self-expression, having fun, but he sure as fvck would not stand for 15-yard penalties that hurt the team. Erickson was the HC letting that get out of hand.

Johnson was up 51-0 on his alma mater, Arkansas, in 1987. Late in the game Arkansas was driving for a late meaningless touchdown on the backup defense. Johnson wanted a shut out, and told his starters if Arkansas scored Monday’s practice would be ****. Arkansas scored, the game finished 51-7, and Monday’s practice was ****.

I’m sure there were some tense conversations in the locker room that week.

Clever way to create accountability amongst the roster.
The game that solidified my fandom as a kid in Arkansas. Still remember it to this day.

Advertisement
denzel washington football GIF

just imagine getting yelled at by a boss who isn't good at his job and demands you do more constantly

that's mario

Advertisement
The woke-estrogen vibe aside, there's definitely a grain of truth in that piece. I've been to every game except So. Miss and Duke. Every game I was at, the opposing team's players all seemed looser on the sidelines than UM. ****, the MTSU players were dancing on the sidelines during commercial breaks and having a good old time.

Maybe the coach Great Santini approach could use some adjusting???

tbh if youre still covering UM for the herald, you've failed in life as a reporter. its one of the lowest beats in the market and everyone who is even halfway decent got poached elsewhere to cover pro teams (dieter covering SF pro sports now, Matt porter covering NHL, Reynolds isnt really a beat writer but he covers all pro and college here, chirionos got hired by UM to run their media, ec.). the same goes for the heat writers - if you were around when lerbon came and didnt get poached by ESPN for their index, you suck at your job. not surprised its some ****** article lol

The woke-estrogen vibe aside, there's definitely a grain of truth in that piece. I've been to every game except So. Miss and Duke. Every game I was at, the opposing team's players all seemed looser on the sidelines than UM. ****, the MTSU players were dancing on the sidelines during commercial breaks and having a good old time.

Maybe the coach Great Santini approach could use some adjusting???
Very strong point. Every opposing term, when we play at home, to varying degrees, is fired up and rocking on the sidelines almost the whole game.

We aren’t. Even when we should be.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back