sofla free agency thread

What changes did they make?

FHSAA made this change in 2022 to where instead of schools being classified 8A on down to 1A by enrollment (more or less like it is in the other 49 states), they were divided into Metro, Suburban and Rural groupings.

Metro schools are from the eight most densely populated counties — SoFla, Tampa, Orlando and Jax.

Suburban classes consist of the large and medium schools from the other 59 counties.

Rural schools are the same as before: 600 students or less (basically its country schools from up here in North Florida (except for Pahokee, Wildwood by the Villages and that private school in the Muck).

Folks in North Florida, Central Florida, Fort Myers, Naples etc, etc got sick of the teams from Dade and Broward dominating, so they changed the set up. Simple as that

Advertisement
MaxPreps preseason rankings for FL

1. IMG
2. Chaminade
3. STA
4. Central
5. Columbus
6. Clearwater Academy Int'l (WTF is this?)
7. Norland
8. Homestead
9. Venice
10. Lakeland
16. Booker T
17. AH-Plantation
26. Gibbons
34. The West
38. Cardinal Newman (are they supposed to be good?)
39. Ely

Any of the experts here care to weigh in

Looking for forward to see what Mainland (ranked #12) does this season. A buddy of mine from Daytona says they are expecting to be really good

Heard the State games are at FAMU this year.

Saw something about that in the Tally paper the other day.

Sounds like maybe the FHSAA wants to rotate sites (it was down in Fort Lauderdale last year). Guess they'll play in Central Florida next year ... maybe the Tangerine Bowl stadium in Orlando?

That is DEFINITELY true.

That area where that school is located is likely ramshacked with boaters and canadians.

They have a harder time because that area isnt choc full of talent ANYWAY. CM and STA are located in gold mind or in sta point it doesnt matter where a kid lives since they poach palm beach to dade anyway.

CM population isnt alot of black kids. Its probably the same demo as Gibbons...but there are hispanics. I dont even think much live in that area where Gibbons is either or would hve their kids go there.

You can kind of look at the schools nearby to the privates to see the talent level...CM (Mcarthur, Hallandale, South Broward, Hills*terrible, Miramar) those schools even getting poached still send some kids div 1 or go to playoffs. STA(Stranahan, Dillard, ill throw in Ft Lauderdale) they are all good programs.

The nearest one to Gibbons is Northeast....they are terrible..Hollywood Hills level maybe below. They would have to go into Pompano to grab kids. Which DB and Ely are already splitting.
Gibbons has always gotten their fair share of top kids from the Oakland park, pompano, Deerfield and Coral Springs to a lesser extent area.

Problem for them is that in recent years heritage and STA have been dipping in to that pool more and more.

Gotta mention Calvary and monarch are also pulling kids from that area too, even Westminster

Advertisement

1. IMG
2. Chaminade
3. STA
4. Central
5. Columbus
7. Norland
8. Homestead
9. Venice
10. Lakeland
16. Booker T
17. AH-Plantation
26. Gibbons
34. The West
39. Ely

Looking for forward to see what Mainland (ranked #12) does this season. A buddy of mine from Daytona says they are expecting to be really good
STA has a new QB, but they are absolutely loaded with impact players at the skill positions. The defense loses three players from the secondary who are playing at P5 schools. I know they reload, but it will be tough to replace King Mack, Conrad Hussey and Kimari Robinson.

Losing Mark Fletcher and Brandon Innis is huge for Heritage. Their offense will take a big hit.

STA has a new QB, but they are absolutely loaded with impact players at the skill positions. The defense loses three players from the secondary who are playing at P5 schools. I know they reload, but it will be tough to replace King Mack, Conrad Hussey and Kimari Robinson.

Losing Mark Fletcher and Brandon Innis is huge for Heritage. Their offense will take a big hit.

Heritage has a ton of talent just unproven

1. IMG
2. Chaminade
3. STA
4. Central
5. Columbus
7. Norland
8. Homestead
9. Venice
10. Lakeland
16. Booker T
17. AH-Plantation
26. Gibbons
34. The West
39. Ely

Plantation like that this year? I know they got some of the Dillard kids but obviously that big DL is in a bit of legal trouble

Advertisement
Plantation like that this year? I know they got some of the Dillard kids but obviously that big DL is in a bit of legal trouble

I believe that’s American Heritage-Plantation. There is another AH in Delray Beach. As for Plantation, I think we can still expect an 8+ win season from them

So I guess Jamari Howard did a banana in the tailpipe to Central and ended up at Norland?
probably did ...Norland got every transfer in county and his connections lead the way in the norland transfers. Wont matter Central still is better for it if true..stacked.

Heritage has 2 backs with UM offers my man.. lol their rb room is stacked. I dont know if you saw Byron Louis last year. They also got a big bger back to transfer in from Western

They also lock up some of the best wrs early. Their unit is like a notch below Chaminades who i believe is the best in south fla...just all young.

Heritage issue may be at qb...dont know what Raja Bell son gonna look full time. But they wont miss a beat running the ball.

Heritage landed a better wr freshman class than Miami lol

Bennett AND ZamariI as FRESHMEN would be the fastest wrs on our team right now....Yea its like that.

Heritage has 2 backs with UM offers my man.. lol their rb room is stacked. I dont know if you saw Byron Louis last year. They also got a big bger back to transfer in from Western

They also lock up some of the best wrs early. Their unit is like a notch below Chaminades who i believe is the best in south fla...just all young.

Heritage issue may be at qb...dont know what Raja Bell son gonna look full time. But they wont miss a beat running the ball.

Heritage landed a better wr freshman class than Miami lol

Bennett AND ZamariI as FRESHMEN would be the fastest wrs on our team right now....Yea its like that.

They've got it going on at Heritage. They've definitely made the commitment.

Advertisement
Homestead beat Clearwater Academy 23-21
Palmetto beat Doral Academy 35-3
Miramar beat Edison 21-0
Florida Christian beat Southwest Miami 21-0

Tonight we got

Somerset Pembroke Pines vs Avant Garde
True North vs South Miami
Carol City vs Southridge
Krop vs Flanagan
Norland vs Blanche Ely

Advertisement
Homestead beat Clearwater Academy 23-21
Palmetto beat Doral Academy 35-3
Miramar beat Edison 21-0
Florida Christian beat Southwest Miami 21-0

Tonight we got

Somerset Pembroke Pines vs Avant Garde
True North vs South Miami
Carol City vs Southridge
Krop vs Flanagan
Norland vs Blanche Ely
Miramar beat Edison 21-0
One of the kids i coached youth ball had the 2 tds for Miramar in this one. (Dalvin and James Cook cousin) Small but always was a big play wr.

Homestead appears to be the goods again this year.

What Palmetto got?.

Norland vs Ely should be a good 1. Ely has a good wr i know since youth ball. Norland is stacked.

American Heritage plays Booker T which is a good game to ..I expect Heritage to win but atleast BTW would be a threat and make em work

One of the kids i coached youth ball had the 2 tds for Miramar in this one. (Dalvin and James Cook cousin) Small but always was a big play wr.

Homestead appears to be the goods again this year.

What Palmetto got?.

Norland vs Ely should be a good 1. Ely has a good wr i know since youth ball. Norland is stacked.

American Heritage plays Booker T which is a good game to ..I expect Heritage to win but atleast BTW would be a threat and make em work

prayers for the young man.

Advertisement
Back