sofla free agency thread

That area has a LOT of talent. My guess is they're getting plundered by everybody
I think this is the answer. As other posters have pointed out, there are several schools in the vicinity that are recruiting heavily and they are taking the players who would otherwise have played for Northeast. Its sad, but that's the state of HS football in South Florida now.

Advertisement
Ok there you go...GIBBONS....The sneaky good recruiter private school that no one talks about much. lol
An interesting tidbit from a friend with connections to the Gibbons' program is that they have had a harder time recruiting black players than STA and CM due to the location of the school (east of Federal Highway). According to this guy, as a result of the location of the school, there are not a lot of black girls in the student body, and this has made it harder for Gibbons to recruit black players. I don't know if this is true, but this was his theory.

An interesting tidbit from a friend with connections to the Gibbons' program is that they have had a harder time recruiting black players than STA and CM due to the location of the school (east of Federal Highway). According to this guy, as a result of the location of the school, there are not a lot of black girls in the student body, and this has made it harder for Gibbons to recruit black players. I don't know if this is true, but this was his theory.
That is DEFINITELY true.

That area where that school is located is likely ramshacked with boaters and canadians.

They have a harder time because that area isnt choc full of talent ANYWAY. CM and STA are located in gold mind or in sta point it doesnt matter where a kid lives since they poach palm beach to dade anyway.

CM population isnt alot of black kids. Its probably the same demo as Gibbons...but there are hispanics. I dont even think much live in that area where Gibbons is either or would hve their kids go there.

You can kind of look at the schools nearby to the privates to see the talent level...CM (Mcarthur, Hallandale, South Broward, Hills*terrible, Miramar) those schools even getting poached still send some kids div 1 or go to playoffs. STA(Stranahan, Dillard, ill throw in Ft Lauderdale) they are all good programs.

The nearest one to Gibbons is Northeast....they are terrible..Hollywood Hills level maybe below. They would have to go into Pompano to grab kids. Which DB and Ely are already splitting.

Student body location/demographics play a role for sure, however the main issues with athletic recruitment at Gibbons is the ADOM. They look at Gibbons as nothing more than a land investment- that they will sell off at the right time and for the right price.

The ADOM plays a huge part in who is allowed to enroll or not enroll at a certain school; this goes all the way back to Chris Everett, Troy Cameron Selia Sue and so on.

Again, these are above average talents that they want at certain locations. Everett was denied any scholarship money from Gibbons but given full ride to STA.

Does Gibbons get their share of good athletes, of course they do. But the ADOM has a plan, and the last thing they want to do is sell off the bell cow program in Broward (if it was a level playing field).

STA will be around another 100 years, Gibbons will be million dollars homes, near the water, in a great neighborhood.

I just saw that Northeast is now a magnet school. It now makes sense why only 15 kids came out for football. The same thing happened to South Dade
Magnet programs are just special programs for really smart kids. It doesn't affect the rest of the student body. **** most of the kids in magnet programs don't even interact with a majority of the other kids. My ex was in the magnet program at Gables back when Vilma and Frank Gore were playing.

Advertisement
I don't know how accurate that is. Chaminade is in Hollywood Hills which is mostly older white people and Heritage is in west Plantation which is mostly rednecks and yuppies.

Student body location/demographics play a role for sure, however the main issues with athletic recruitment at Gibbons is the ADOM. They look at Gibbons as nothing more than a land investment- that they will sell off at the right time and for the right price.

The ADOM plays a huge part in who is allowed to enroll or not enroll at a certain school; this goes all the way back to Chris Everett, Troy Cameron Selia Sue and so on.

Again, these are above average talents that they want at certain locations. Everett was denied any scholarship money from Gibbons but given full ride to STA.

Does Gibbons get their share of good athletes, of course they do. But the ADOM has a plan, and the last thing they want to do is sell off the bell cow program in Broward (if it was a level playing field).

STA will be around another 100 years, Gibbons will be million dollars homes, near the water, in a great neighborhood.
this guy knows...

That is DEFINITELY true.

That area where that school is located is likely ramshacked with boaters and canadians.

They have a harder time because that area isnt choc full of talent ANYWAY. CM and STA are located in gold mind or in sta point it doesnt matter where a kid lives since they poach palm beach to dade anyway.

CM population isnt alot of black kids. Its probably the same demo as Gibbons...but there are hispanics. I dont even think much live in that area where Gibbons is either or would hve their kids go there.

You can kind of look at the schools nearby to the privates to see the talent level...CM (Mcarthur, Hallandale, South Broward, Hills*terrible, Miramar) those schools even getting poached still send some kids div 1 or go to playoffs. STA(Stranahan, Dillard, ill throw in Ft Lauderdale) they are all good programs.

The nearest one to Gibbons is Northeast....they are terrible..Hollywood Hills level maybe below. They would have to go into Pompano to grab kids. Which DB and Ely are already splitting.
The demographic for Gibbons neighborhood is MAGAland. It's actually pretty wild the first time you drive thru and see how many signs are out in the yard etc. Not many Canadians up that way tbh. They stick to Hallandale/Hollywood.

Like the poster above mentioned, the church has a restrictor plate on Gibbons so to speak. They let STA pretty much do whatever they please. Gibbons is like Pinecrest with an emphasis on sports. STA is a factory.

Advertisement
Magnet programs are just special programs for really smart kids. It doesn't affect the rest of the student body. **** most of the kids in magnet programs don't even interact with a majority of the other kids. My ex was in the magnet program at Gables back when Vilma and Frank Gore were playing.
That’s not how it works. Some schools are magnet schools i.e. Coral Reef and some schools have magnet programs i.e Northwestern. Gables has an IB program.

I don't know how accurate that is. Chaminade is in Hollywood Hills which is mostly older white people and Heritage is in west Plantation which is mostly rednecks and yuppies.
Hollywood Hills...Near enough to Carver Ranches to the south and Liberia/Dania to the north east.
Heritage has to get kids from all over though because there really truly isnt that much talent out west in Broward i dont care what @Coach Macho says lol Especially when Plantation keeps there kids.

I love this thread because demography of the county is spoken about yearly and we can literally call when a team is going to be good based on different factors.

Cardinal Gibbons for hwat they have has been onb a really good program run. I coached against them a few years ago when we were pretty stacked at MCA and they sliced us up pretty bad..they have a real good offensive staff...and gets about 2-4 kids that are power 5 level yearly good enough to win games for them.

Hollywood Hills...Near enough to Carver Ranches to the south and Liberia/Dania to the north east.
Heritage has to get kids from all over though because there really truly isnt that much talent out west in Broward i dont care what @Coach Macho says lol Especially when Plantation keeps there kids.

I love this thread because demography of the county is spoken about yearly and we can literally call when a team is going to be good based on different factors.

Cardinal Gibbons for hwat they have has been onb a really good program run. I coached against them a few years ago when we were pretty stacked at MCA and they sliced us up pretty bad..they have a real good offensive staff...and gets about 2-4 kids that are power 5 level yearly good enough to win games for them.
Buck is a very good coach, and a good dude. That school is lucky to have him.He'd never lose a game at STA, but he is a Gibbons lifer.

If any of you all in hear went to Gibbons you know how it's a tight circle of very wealthy families that hang out together, own business together and their kids end up marrying someone in that circle, that run thru that school.

You either marry into or buy into it but you sure as **** can't just walk into it. It's why Buck ain't ever going anywhere.

Only reason I can think of the reason why that circle closes after HS is probably bc all those less affluent kids that attended that school ended up ******* around with all those young affluent school girls. Those dudes hold grudges to this day 🤣😎

Advertisement
I'm still mad at the FHSAA reclassifying everything so South Florida would stop cleaning states every year
if im in high school i would be tight as **** not only that.....

Its so ****** stupid but didnt years go by with STATE GAMES Being held at ****** high school stadiums in Tally.

Like making it to state should mean something...maybe playing at a big college stadium or something of that sort. I gues they did it at Lockhart too last year but still.

Like hwat type of bs is ...oh you guys win too much so lets turn it into city vs rural?. Every 1 gets a trophy...it was teams that played for states last year that i had no clue even made it lol

Its so ****** stupid but didnt years go by with STATE GAMES Being held at ****** high school stadiums in Tally.

Like making it to state should mean something...maybe playing at a big college stadium or something of that sort. I gues they did it at Lockhart too last year but still.

Like hwat type of bs is ...oh you guys win too much so lets turn it into city vs rural?. Every 1 gets a trophy...it was teams that played for states last year that i had no clue even made it lol
The funny part is that South Florida ended up sweeping the important divisions anyway :pgdead: Ocoee and Apopka both had chances to knock off Columbus in 4M and they both choked

Advertisement

Heard the State games are at FAMU this year.

Advertisement
Back