sofla free agency thread

The private schools wouldn't erk me if they just played each other. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The fact that we have to compete with programs that have every competitive advantage known to man, is not fair.

They have better players. (via recruiting)
They have better resources.
They have better facilities.
They have better pay for coaches.(thus better coaching)
They have better education.

Nowhere on paper should a public school even have a chance versus a private.
Yet we're expected to get by them on our way to a state title. (which, by the way, is where private schools really excel - the playoffs)

You wanna take some of our players? Fine.
But then you turn around and beat us with some of them. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

If it wasn't for private schools, I can confidently say that I'd probably have multiple state rings right now. And I'd also feel more comfortable saying that I could possibly win another one this year.

Not trying to make excuses, but the playing field isn't even. Even when the talent is somewhat even, the resources are nowhere close. And that sh*t matters.

Where I'm at right now is the closest thing to a private school in terms of resources, education, facilities, coaching, money, support, etc. (at least in the South Florida public sector) This would give us the edge over most public schools, but it barely evens the playing field versus a typical private.

Crazy that FL doesn't have different leagues for private schools.

Advertisement

The fact that we have to compete with programs that have every competitive advantage known to man, is not fair.

Yet we're expected to get by them on our way to a state title. (which, by the way, is where private schools really excel - the playoffs)

If it wasn't for private schools, I can confidently say that I'd probably have multiple state rings right now. And I'd also feel more comfortable saying that I could possibly win another one this year.

Not trying to make excuses, but the playing field isn't even. Even when the talent is somewhat even, the resources are nowhere close. And that sh*t matters.

Where I'm at right now is the closest thing to a private school in terms of resources, education, facilities, coaching, money, support, etc. (at least in the South Florida public sector) This would give us the edge over most public schools, but it barely evens the playing field versus a typical private.
There is only 1 team in all of this that refuses to play Chaminade and that is STA. They have too much to lose by playing that game and losing. Been that way since the Guandolo days.

Better education?
Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Advertisement

Your current school had STA on the ropes James Williams’ junior year there almost exclusively because he was the best player on the field that night. You have a pretty good team this year. Which private schools will you Most likely have to play in the playoffs this year?

There is only 1 team in all of this that refuses to play Chaminade and that is STA. They have too much to lose by playing that game and losing. Been that way since the Guandolo days.
STA should have to play Chaminade and IMG, but, as you said, Harriott will never go for it because he’s scared. It’s a lose-lose for him and he knows he’s a coaRch.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Why don’t you coach at a private school than?

Otherwise, nut up and make it happen. Public schools beat private schools in the playoffs all the time.

Advertisement
Why don’t you coach at a private school than?

Otherwise, nut up and make it happen. Public schools beat private schools in the playoffs all the time.
It's not that common. At least not for the private powerhouses in Broward county. When they do it's usually to a public school that recruits as much or more.

Advertisement
Back