sofla free agency thread

They geared up for 1` big run this year.

They will have the qb still next year though...and likely can attract more kids again with a good szn to poach.

They dont have the oil machine of poaching that those 3 privates have though.

Man, nothing personal, but F Heritage, Chaminade and St. Thomas to the fullest 💯

Cannot stand them private high schools one bit when it comes to football or basketball

Advertisement
How do you feel about Miami Central because they recruit just as big if not bigger. It’s just not as shiny as the other schools.

You are correct for sure, but I’m OK with it.

I’m pro public school/anti private school when it comes to prep football and basketball.

Simple as that

Question for you @gogeta4

What ever happened to the great teams from the Muck? I feel like I never hear about them any more. They used to be loaded with speedsters.

Advertisement
Question for you @gogeta4

What ever happened to the great teams from the Muck? I feel like I never hear about them any more. They used to be loaded with speedsters.
demographic change.

PPl from the muck moving east into palm beach.

THEY STILL HAVE SPEED.

Their talent is getting spread to other schools in palm beach and elsewhere.

look at the qb simmons from pahokee who grad early and went to ole miss. They still have talent. Palm Beach ont he whole isnt being talked about as much honestly.

How do you feel about Miami Central because they recruit just as big if not bigger. It’s just not as shiny as the other schools.
Any school that's competitive in South Florida is recruiting. The big Broward private schools and the public superpowers in Dade are the most glaring examples but there are public schools in Broward who definitely recruit players, just not at the level of STA, Chaminade or Heritage. Western in Davie is a big recruiter now. Plantation steals anybody decent from South Plantation, Piper or Boyd Anderson. Every once in a while Miramar will be loaded with kids from across the county line. Even McArthur and Hallandale will get in on it once in a while, depending on who they hire as a coach. Most of the non-recruiting schools in Broward are the western suburban schools who are only competitive against each other.

Any school that's competitive in South Florida is recruiting. The big Broward private schools and the public superpowers in Dade are the most glaring examples but there are public schools in Broward who definitely recruit players, just not at the level of STA, Chaminade or Heritage. Western in Davie is a big recruiter now. Plantation steals anybody decent from South Plantation, Piper or Boyd Anderson. Every once in a while Miramar will be loaded with kids from across the county line. Even McArthur and Hallandale will get in on it once in a while, depending on who they hire as a coach. Most of the non-recruiting schools in Broward are the western suburban schools who are only competitive against each other.
Well aware. Just don’t get hating on a private school. It’s a much better situation for kids as the public school system sucks down here. **** central sends a lot of these kids next door to Turner tech.

Advertisement
Well aware. Just don’t get hating on a private school. It’s a much better situation for kids as the public school system sucks down here. **** central sends a lot of these kids next door to Turner tech.
That's true. For a lot of the kids, the private schools are a better environment than some of the public schools. Also, the general coaching, training, etc will be more involved. Not that there aren't great public school coaches because there are but there's also a lot of public school coaches who are...not the best. And a lot of times the weight rooms and facilities mirror them.

My main beef with the private schools is how they go overboard in terms of stacking talent. They'll take a kid that was a starter at his local public school, blow a bunch of smoke up his and his parents' asses just so he can transfer to a private and end up 2nd string. I don't care what you're doing in practice, if yo don't have actual game film, you're not getting offers.

Western has been one of the big recruiters the last 5 years in Broward.

Its part of the game down here in high school, you legitimately have to recruit yearly somewhat if you want to be competitive, because your rival will essentially be all ou tin recruitment including actively trying to take your players.

If they would go to the you have to sit out a year transfer rule....Broward County talent would be the most spread out. Broward when Dade ran supreme always had talent spread out honestly an more competitive public schools in my opinion.
When i was in high school...Plantation, Dillard, Boyd Anderson were all loaded teams....an thats with St Thomas around doing the same thing they are doing now which is recruiting.
Piper, Stranahan were playoff teams and not easy outs and creating nfl players. Stranahan is down the road from STA.
In the north it was ELY, Deerfield. It probably still the same. Coral Springs was solid, Douglas would have 2-3 div 1 kids yearly.
In the south it was a bloodbath with Miramar, Mcarthur, Hallandale. South Broward sending 3-4 div 1 guys...Those schools were producing NFL players.

Now STA and Cardinal Gibbons were always good private schools.

American Heritage and Chaminade were the also rans. I watch Chaminde be 1 of the wors teams in the whole county early in my high school career and them use our back up players and build a dynasty by the time i left high school.. Heritage was respectable but the minute they started recruiting they locked down every thing in western broward and started grabbing kids from as far as dade. Their current hc is part of the reason for that.

That's true. For a lot of the kids, the private schools are a better environment than some of the public schools. Also, the general coaching, training, etc will be more involved. Not that there aren't great public school coaches because there are but there's also a lot of public school coaches who are...not the best. And a lot of times the weight rooms and facilities mirror them.

My main beef with the private schools is how they go overboard in terms of stacking talent. They'll take a kid that was a starter at his local public school, blow a bunch of smoke up his and his parents' asses just so he can transfer to a private and end up 2nd string. I don't care what you're doing in practice, if yo don't have actual game film, you're not getting offers.
They do this yearly.

Play keep away from other schools. Its crazy to when a kid transfers to a private and feels his coaches got em an offer an they have been there a week, what film do u think the college coach saw....it aint from the private school lol

If they stopped hoarding talent we will see a better balance in the counties....especially broward.

You seen how quick dillard built back...its all went to sh*t now but they had a quick 3-4 year run

Western has been one of the big recruiters the last 5 years in Broward.

Its part of the game down here in high school, you legitimately have to recruit yearly somewhat if you want to be competitive, because your rival will essentially be all ou tin recruitment including actively trying to take your players.

If they would go to the you have to sit out a year transfer rule....Broward County talent would be the most spread out. Broward when Dade ran supreme always had talent spread out honestly an more competitive public schools in my opinion.
When i was in high school...Plantation, Dillard, Boyd Anderson were all loaded teams....an thats with St Thomas around doing the same thing they are doing now which is recruiting.
Piper, Stranahan were playoff teams and not easy outs and creating nfl players. Stranahan is down the road from STA.
In the north it was ELY, Deerfield. It probably still the same. Coral Springs was solid, Douglas would have 2-3 div 1 kids yearly.
In the south it was a bloodbath with Miramar, Mcarthur, Hallandale. South Broward sending 3-4 div 1 guys...Those schools were producing NFL players.

Now STA and Cardinal Gibbons were always good private schools.

American Heritage and Chaminade were the also rans. I watch Chaminde be 1 of the wors teams in the whole county early in my high school career and them use our back up players and build a dynasty by the time i left high school.. Heritage was respectable but the minute they started recruiting they locked down every thing in western broward and started grabbing kids from as far as dade. Their current hc is part of the reason for that.
All facts my brother. I remember Heritage being Pace's whipping boy when I was in high school. 5-5 was their ceiling. The definition of mediocre. Once Guandolo took the Chaminade job, I knew what time it was for your area. He had cats coming to the Ridge from as far as the Grove and South Miami.

He got us for our starting strong safety at American. My dog from Lake Lucerne(the neighborhood between Hard Rock and Calder) went there and committed to Syracuse but wound up signing with FIU...

Advertisement
When I was coaching at a small private school in Broward we beat Chaminade on the regular. In 2000, Guandolo first year back, he beat us 29-7 and we made it to the 3rd round that year. That was the beginning of their run in early 2000’s with Beason, Cook and those dudes

All facts my brother. I remember Heritage being Pace's whipping boy when I was in high school. 5-5 was their ceiling. The definition of mediocre. Once Guandolo took the Chaminade job, I knew what time it was for your area. He had cats coming to the Ridge from as far as the Grove and South Miami.

He got us for our starting strong safety at American. My dog from Lake Lucerne(the neighborhood between Hard Rock and Calder) went there and committed to Syracuse but wound up signing with FIU...
yup..Pace kinda ran the private school scene for awhile. I honestly should of transferred to pace my sr year...coach zac wanted me and all my friends were there...actually did a "visit" lol Was there chasing a skirt after school and my boys forced me to the coaches offfice lmaoo. I was cool with WW ..yea that 1 and a bunch of guys..Pace was loaded. But for whatever reason stayed loyal to Mca...mainly cause i had offers already.

Coach G is/was a recruiting dog and like i said he grabbed up our young back up types or guys that were on JV and went to work. These guys wasnt scrubs./..just were freshman or sophomore that would be rotation but he got them over there and started them. Beason, Cook all were supposed to be MCA kids and i could probably name 10-15 more off their early 2000s runs.

Since then in the area they cherry picked the hollywood/PPO/Miramar/carol city optomist stars and havent looked back since. Even without coach g they would have a down year if their admin went cute with coaches. The minute they added Jones from Hallandale i knew it was a wrap again because he is another recruiter...and actually from the area.

Who was that safety i probably knew him?. Its sad what AMerican became early in my hs career they were formidable...Patriot Bowl i would go to yearly being i live right by miramar

They do this yearly.

Play keep away from other schools. Its crazy to when a kid transfers to a private and feels his coaches got em an offer an they have been there a week, what film do u think the college coach saw....it aint from the private school lol

If they stopped hoarding talent we will see a better balance in the counties....especially broward.

You seen how quick dillard built back...its all went to sh*t now but they had a quick 3-4 year run

Yea we need that balance back in South Florida. That’s what made it so great. As for hoarding talent, that’s what Chaminade is doing now. How do you have 2 five ⭐️ WR then get two of the best WR in Palm Beach to transfer in while they are there?

Advertisement
yup..Pace kinda ran the private school scene for awhile. I honestly should of transferred to pace my sr year...coach zac wanted me and all my friends were there...actually did a "visit" lol Was there chasing a skirt after school and my boys forced me to the coaches offfice lmaoo. I was cool with WW ..yea that 1 and a bunch of guys..Pace was loaded. But for whatever reason stayed loyal to Mca...mainly cause i had offers already.

Coach G is/was a recruiting dog and like i said he grabbed up our young back up types or guys that were on JV and went to work. These guys wasnt scrubs./..just were freshman or sophomore that would be rotation but he got them over there and started them. Beason, Cook all were supposed to be MCA kids and i could probably name 10-15 more off their early 2000s runs.

Since then in the area they cherry picked the hollywood/PPO/Miramar/carol city optomist stars and havent looked back since. Even without coach g they would have a down year if their admin went cute with coaches. The minute they added Jones from Hallandale i knew it was a wrap again because he is another recruiter...and actually from the area.

Who was that safety i probably knew him?. Its sad what AMerican became early in my hs career they were formidable...Patriot Bowl i would go to yearly being i live right by miramar
Demerritt Rucker, '02. Played at Chaminade his junior and senior year. I'm sure he played with Beason nem.

Yeah, we fell off big time since I graduated. You used to be able to book us for 7-9 wins. A couple of years after I left, our highly respected defensive coordinator left for Palmetto. Then came the redistricting.

They gave our neighborhoods back to Carol City High(which Miramar wound up benefitting most from) and American was toast after that...

Yea we need that balance back in South Florida. That’s what made it so great. As for hoarding talent, that’s what Chaminade is doing now. How do you have 2 five ⭐️ WR then get two of the best WR in Palm Beach to transfer in while they are there?
thats with having guys with offers under that group too at wr.

The private schools wouldn't erk me if they just played each other. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The fact that we have to compete with programs that have every competitive advantage known to man, is not fair.

They have better players. (via recruiting)
They have better resources.
They have better facilities.
They have better pay for coaches.(thus better coaching)
They have better education.

Nowhere on paper should a public school even have a chance versus a private.
Yet we're expected to get by them on our way to a state title. (which, by the way, is where private schools really excel - the playoffs)

You wanna take some of our players? Fine.
But then you turn around and beat us with some of them. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

If it wasn't for private schools, I can confidently say that I'd probably have multiple state rings right now. And I'd also feel more comfortable saying that I could possibly win another one this year.

Not trying to make excuses, but the playing field isn't even. Even when the talent is somewhat even, the resources are nowhere close. And that sh*t matters.

Where I'm at right now is the closest thing to a private school in terms of resources, education, facilities, coaching, money, support, etc. (at least in the South Florida public sector) This would give us the edge over most public schools, but it barely evens the playing field versus a typical private.

Advertisement
Back