sofla free agency thread

It's the adults.

You wanna see a bunch of "grown men" act like straight up groupies towards teenagers? Come hang around South Florida high school football culture for a while.

Because of my "connections" or whatever, I hear a lot of the things that these coaches tell kids. (especially the kids who are in the HS "transfer portal")
They'll tell a kid ANYTHING to get in his good graces. And the kids, and more so their parents, are gullible as ****. They'll make all kinds of promises, talk **** about other programs and even lie on guys/coaches that they worked with and/or know personally. Anything to sway a kid in their direction. It's some real ho3 ****.

That's why HS coaching in South Florida is not a "fraternity" like it is in other areas. Coaches are supposed to admire and respect other coaches, especially in a place like FLA where we don't get paid ****. But most of these guys have talked too much **** about each other and burned too many bridges.
You left off the part with them also actin like ho^es with coaches on their own staff if they see a kid on the team who they are being a groupie to developing a repoire with another coach. Like real Beverly hills 90210/laguna beach hs sh*t from grown men.

I had that a bit when i joined a staff an didnt really know most of the other coaches but a good number of the kids i actually taught when i worked in the school system in elementary school, or their parents were my hs class mates and the other coaches seemed to get jealous/confused on why they were having a repoire with me being new tell i had to say look I knew this kid since he was like 7...or i knew this kid when his mom got pregnant in the 12th grade for my friend before he was even born lol. Very territorial.

Advertisement
This is a great hire for CC. I've been knowing Vern since he was in 7th grade. His pops coached with Coach Frazier and he played for them on those LOADED WW, KP and RJF defenses. Fellow Rattler also.

If he can keep Carol City kids in Carol City, they'll be back. Dude knows what the Orange & Black looks like as a powerhouse....
Vern coached with me at Godby under Ronnie Cottrell. He’ll do well there.

So many from our staff have gone on to some big things. (Have about 3 college coaches with Brian Williams being the biggest one).

Advertisement
Vern coached with me at Godby under Ronnie Cottrell. He’ll do well there.

So many from our staff have gone on to some big things. (Have about 3 college coaches with Brian Williams being the biggest one).
That's what's up, Amos P. in the house!!! Some of my big homies are good friends with Brian Williams going back to their HS days at Carol City...

You left off the part with them also actin like ho^es with coaches on their own staff if they see a kid on the team who they are being a groupie to developing a repoire with another coach. Like real Beverly hills 90210/laguna beach hs sh*t from grown men.

I had that a bit when i joined a staff an didnt really know most of the other coaches but a good number of the kids i actually taught when i worked in the school system in elementary school, or their parents were my hs class mates and the other coaches seemed to get jealous/confused on why they were having a repoire with me being new tell i had to say look I knew this kid since he was like 7...or i knew this kid when his mom got pregnant in the 12th grade for my friend before he was even born lol. Very territorial.

Wow...This grown men we're talking about.

**** all that

Advertisement

I almost forgot about that part. LOL
That's a real thing. SMH

A Heritage coach told a friend that Heritage had 25 seniors on their team in 2022-23 school year. That is pretty surprising. Don't worry, they have 20 kids coming in this summer. SMDH.

Exactly! The kid is good. I think things would have opened up for him at Atlantic. I want to know how that commute is going to go?
yeo..hes a db at atlantic...they send a db div 1 since i was in high school almost yearly...THEY ARE ALONG THE LINES OF A DB FACTORY OF SOUTH FLA.

UNLESS HE MOVED WITH A PARENT...THESE TRANSFERS ARE TOO WEIRD TO ME...

aND IT HOUGHT IT WAS WEIRD WHEN THE HOMESTEAD KIDS TRANSFERRED TO BTW...THIS IS DIFFERENT DIFFERENT.LOL

Advertisement

This transfer **** is out of hand but this one ain't as bad as it seems. This kid is one of non-biological nephews. His parents are really good friends of mine. We all went to FAM together. I remember when he was a gleam in his folks' eyes lol.

Kid is originally from down here, played for Tacolcy and Miami Gardens Ravens before they moved to Tally. I think he was in the 5th or 6th grade when they bounced so I'm sure he was at MGR with JJ, JoJo and the rest.

Advertisement
This transfer **** is out of hand but this one ain't as bad as it seems. This kid is one of non-biological nephews. His parents are really good friends of mine. We all went to FAM together. I remember when he was a gleam in his folks' eyes lol.

Kid is originally from down here, played for Tacolcy and Miami Gardens Ravens before they moved to Tally. I think he was in the 5th or 6th grade when they bounced so I'm sure he was at MGR with JJ, JoJo and the rest.

Hold on though, fam. You are talking about where he's from, but no details on why he's back. Did the whole family move back down, or is he living with "Auntie" to come ball at Norland?

Hold on though, fam. You are talking about where he's from, but no details on why he's back. Did the whole family move back down, or is he living with "Auntie" to come ball at Norland?
Whole family's back down. His folks don't care about ball like that. As a matter of fact, his ol' boy is one of the last people I expected to raise a D1 football prospect....

Whole family's back down. His folks don't care about ball like that. As a matter of fact, his ol' boy is one of the last people I expected to raise a D1 football prospect....
That's real, then. Appreciate the response. I had to ask because you and I both know how it usually goes down here.

Advertisement
Back