sofla free agency thread

Advertisement
Also ntice unlike before when you were a starter at sta you were guaranteed at worse to go fcs. Ive notice the last 2 years a few starters not end up there. Atleast 2 kids i know i think ended up juco and that isnt typical for STA where those types would land safely at the Southern Illinois, Eastern Illinois, SEMO's of the world.
Why do you think that's happening? I think a lot of it is based on the portal and the extra covid year as well as the perception of college coaches that South Florida talent is down and that kids aren't going to STA like they used to because they know that STA has too many players.

Why do you think that's happening? I think a lot of it is based on the portal and the extra covid year as well as the perception of college coaches that South Florida talent is down and that kids aren't going to STA like they used to because they know that STA has too many players.
I think its the portal and covid year....also Harriot might not have had the same type of relationships with those smaller schools like Smith did.
I remember 2nd teamers going fcs YEARLY at STA and now starters who have shown group of 5 talent went juco?.

I know you been around them....its countless of guys that were probably d2 level but because just being at STA wounded up at a Penn or a Eastern Illinois or something like that and went on to good careers.

But the extra covid and portal year COMPLETly screwed hs kids 100 percent

Advertisement
Yea, that's the same point @AUcane just raised. And he pointed out something I failed to consider. This is a public school in Dade county doing nationwide recruiting.
They're the public school version of STA. Booker T was doing the same when they had their run. Had kids from Homestead and Florida City attending Booker T to play ball.

I remember when U School was dominant there was an article written about the sacrifice Sean White was making to attend U-School. The kid was waking up at 4 every morning taking a train and bus ride to get to school. Insane.

Advertisement
They're the public school version of STA. Booker T was doing the same when they had their run. Had kids from Homestead and Florida City attending Booker T to play ball.

I remember when U School was dominant there was an article written about the sacrifice Sean White was making to attend U-School. The kid was waking up at 4 every morning taking a train and bus ride to get to school. Insane.
You sure it was Sean White...cause he went to Chaminade before U school. Possible though because Drew White is his bro an i think they lived in Boca.

Central had a white qb b4 it was as easy as it is to transfer whom they set as "Homeless" i think kid was from Palm Beach an played 1 year at CENTRAL.

Since i was in high school in the early 2000s they have always had a div 1 qb at Central atleast every 2 years....they may be qbu for Miami Dade.

You sure it was Sean White...cause he went to Chaminade before U school. Possible though because Drew White is his bro an i think they lived in Boca.

Central had a white qb b4 it was as easy as it is to transfer whom they set as "Homeless" i think kid was from Palm Beach an played 1 year at CENTRAL.

Since i was in high school in the early 2000s they have always had a div 1 qb at Central atleast every 2 years....they may be qbu for Miami Dade.
I think the kid's name is Drew White. The kid eventually went to Auburn.

Advertisement
Thats Sean his older brother...Drew went to St Thomas and was Notre Dame's starting LB just last year.

Sean probably did what you said if they lived in Boca all that time...catch the tri rail down an then a bus.
Y'all confusing the **** out of me. The one that played qb for USchool. That one. Lol

I think its the portal and covid year....also Harriot might not have had the same type of relationships with those smaller schools like Smith did.
I remember 2nd teamers going fcs YEARLY at STA and now starters who have shown group of 5 talent went juco?.

I know you been around them....its countless of guys that were probably d2 level but because just being at STA wounded up at a Penn or a Eastern Illinois or something like that and went on to good careers.

But the extra covid and portal year COMPLETly screwed hs kids 100 percent
Good point about Smith v. Harriott and smaller schools. Smith not only helped STA players, he took pride in helping players from other area schools whose coaches couldn't or wouldn't help them. Harriott might be trying to do the same thing, but he doesn't appear to be as successful with it.

Advertisement
Thats Sean his older brother...Drew went to St Thomas and was Notre Dame's starting LB just last year.

Sean probably did what you said if they lived in Boca all that time...catch the tri rail down an then a bus.
You are correct. They are from Boca. When Sean left Auburn, I expected him to end up at FAU.

Advertisement
Back