sofla free agency thread

Advertisement
STA has had kids transfer out at a higher rate over the last year or so. Some of the parents see the handwriting on the wall and are not going to let Harriott F up their kid's future.

I don't understand why that RB from IMG would transfer to STA with Jordan Lyle at STA. I would expect Lyle to have a huge senior season at STA.

STA has had kids transfer out at a higher rate over the last year or so. Some of the parents see the handwriting on the wall and are not going to let Harriott F up their kid's future.

I don't understand why that RB from IMG would transfer to STA with Jordan Lyle at STA. I would expect Lyle to have a huge senior season at STA.

Kid left IMG for Wharton his JR year, so I think this is his 3rd or 4th school

What handwriting on the wall? Is it lack of pt or something else? Just a sincere question. I still don’t understand why top players transfer into STA. If you’re ranked, you are good

Advertisement
What handwriting on the wall? Is it lack of pt or something else? Just a sincere question. I still don’t understand why top players transfer into STA. If you’re ranked, you are good
It’s generally a lack of PT due to stockpiling talent and playing with a running clock in 90% of their games. STA has a lot of backups who would start at almost every other school in Broward and Dade, and they barely play because STA plays the starters until they get a running clock in the second half. These kids are starting to leave so they can play and hopefully get recruited.

Kids don’t transfer to STA or Heritage thinking they’re going to be backups. They assume because the coaches want them, they’re going to start or at least get lots of playing time. You have to understand that a lot of these kids have always been the best player on their respective teams so the idea that they won’t be a star, let alone a starter doesn’t even enter their heads

Advertisement
It’s generally a lack of PT due to stockpiling talent and playing with a running clock in 90% of their games. STA has a lot of backups who would start at almost every other school in Broward and Dade, and they barely play because STA plays the starters until they get a running clock in the second half. These kids are starting to leave so they can play and hopefully get recruited.
This is exactly what happened to Bodford, the young stud DT that was at Western last season. Transferred to STA to basically sit the bench. I had a DL from Deerfield do the same thing a couple years ago.

I will never understand it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The pure name and allure of STA dupes these parents into sending their kids there every time.

The worst part about the high school transfer portal is that it's getting worse and worse every year. Some of these kids are leaving decent programs where they're already excelling and getting offers. How are you supposed to build something if you're South Broward, Stranahan, Western, etc?

Yea they need to leave. Riding the bench gets you nowhere

Advertisement
Advertisement
Also ntice unlike before when you were a starter at sta you were guaranteed at worse to go fcs. Ive notice the last 2 years a few starters not end up there. Atleast 2 kids i know i think ended up juco and that isnt typical for STA where those types would land safely at the Southern Illinois, Eastern Illinois, SEMO's of the world.

Advertisement
Back