sofla free agency thread

I went to Chaminade, I know Damien's family from the neighborhood and I LOVE seeing him take what Guandolo did and take it to even higher heights ..... and even I'm rooting for the public schools hardest. lol

Wish Dillard and Ely could be good at the same time so that Soul Bowl could get back to Soulin and Bowlin.
We were playing in some tournament at Nova HS, game was tied with 3 seconds left. Coach told Keyoon to hold the ball and we would win it in over time. I was taking the ball out at the other end of the court and Keyoon told me to "throw the mf'er into my hand at half court." For some dumbass reason they tried to press him, so pass the ball to him at half court, he takes two dribbles, dunks the ball with both hands...and runs out the gym screaming "hey coach, I gotta get to the soul bowl."
Thats how big that game was in the late 90's

Advertisement
We were playing in some tournament at Nova HS, game was tied with 3 seconds left. Coach told Keyoon to hold the ball and we would win it in over time. I was taking the ball out at the other end of the court and Keyoon told me to "throw the mf'er into my hand at half court." For some dumbass reason they tried to press him, so pass the ball to him at half court, he takes two dribbles, dunks the ball with both hands...and runs out the gym screaming "hey coach, I gotta get to the soul bowl."
lmao exactly It was just different.

November 6, 1998: Miami Northwestern High School defeated Miami Jackson High School 23-13 in front of 46,474 fans--the second largest crowd to watch a high school football game in Florida. The rivalry between the Northwestern Bulls and Jackson Generals is known as the Soul Bowl . One month later, these two teams met a in a rematch in the Class 6A state semifinal playoff game also won by Northwestern 15-14 in front of 35,000 fans at the Orange Bowl.

12105756_1058655940835247_6518493824989200122_n.jpg

You played for Dillard back then?

Happened at MCARTHUR with me there 2 years ago. HC left to Florida Memorial and kids followed Junior Rosegreen or went the **** everywhere from Chaminade,Hallandale,to Miami Northwestern, Western some crept to South Broward it was a feeding frenzy

*Correction Miramar always have a contigent of Carol City kids just based on location...alot of the kids live actually closer to Miramar than Carol City High.

But Miramar forever has a solid program because of the optomist programs (Miramar/PPO/Miami Gardens Chiefs/Ravens) and their ability to slot or ensure they keep those as feeders. Miramar hasnt completely fallen off recently they put Balom here at UM, they typically still are having 3-6 kids go div 1 yearly..last year they honestly had the fastest back in the county though undersized as **** and some freakshow sized dbs.

For example alot of the local optomist coaches that feed Miramar thru the years got snatched up by schools like Chaminade to coach. So boom now you have the kids feed there.

Ill argue with anyone that South broward has the most talent in the entire broward county. Miramar/Pembroke Pines/Hollywood (West Park, Liberia) is choc full of talent with predominantly the elite kids playing everywhere BUT their assigned public schools lol.

We at Mcarthur were literally 1 possible year away from challenging STA in the playoffs with a legitimate team b4 it went to sh)t so Mca isa sleeping giant as well.
On the southern end of Broward: Was talkin to one of my Uncles who went to Attucks High back in the day and he was sayin how he wished Attucks could come back as a HS. The big schools were Ely in North Broward, Dillard in Central Broward/Lauderdale and Attucks in South Broward. Attucks used to draw from Liberia, Dania, West Park/Carver Ranches and Hallandale (kids that would be going to South Broward, Hollywood Hills, Hallandale, McArthur today). Many of the areas Chaminade is getting talent from now.

On the northern end of Broward: I think if Ely gets people in administration who invest in sports they can be good again. Will they be Central or Northwestern? Maybe/maybe not. But with Deerfield falling back to Earth, them being in Pompano which is a talent rich area, no dominant private school on the north end (closest is prolly Cardinal Gibbons), a tradition just as rich as Dillard's and a community in Pompano who will support them like Dillard's does if the product is worthy of supporting, I think they can turn it around there.

Advertisement
Everytime I see BA, I think of Demar Dorsey. Dude came up to Tally his sr. year for his spring break and lined up anyone who would race him. It was mostly famu players and a few fsu players. They were betting at least 500-1k a race. Leroy Vann-💨 him. Greg Reid-💨 him.
Hahaa I love it! I really love seeing HS kids compete like that. Vann & Reid was two of the top kick returners at that time.

Hahaa I love it! I really love seeing HS kids compete like that. Vann & Reid was two of the top kick returners at that time.
Exactly. But when you think about it, it makes sense. Vann and Reid were more so "quick" than they were "fast". Dorsey had that long 100m speed. They got out the gate on him but he walked them both down.

Exactly. But when you think about it, it makes sense. Vann and Reid were more so "quick" than they were "fast". Dorsey had that long 100m speed. They got out the gate on him but he walked them both down.
Then you see his little brother is Eddie Jackson and it all make sense. If dude wasnt such a street lauderdale dude he wouldve made it to the nfl as well.

Advertisement
97 4-6A BPOY great ballplayer sweet smooth shooter. Had great career at Mizzu. Did he play over seas at all?
I met those guys after a scrimmage between the judges road runners and our AAU team in 7th grade.
Yeah, cuz played overseas for a good while. I wanna say about 10 years. I know he played in Italy and Turkey for sure. He's been back home for a lil while now. I look at basketball now and get mad because Tootie was ahead of his time. Today's NBA has a gang of 6'2" 2 guards that are above-average athletes and can shoot the lights out. If cuz was in this generation, he'd be an NBA player...

Advertisement
Yeah, cuz played overseas for a good while. I wanna say about 10 years. I know he played in Italy and Turkey for sure. He's been back home for a lil while now. I look at basketball now and get mad because Tootie was ahead of his time. Today's NBA has a gang of 6'2" 2 guards that are above-average athletes and can shoot the lights out. If cuz was in this generation, he'd be an NBA player...
Tutie and Keyon were a PROBLEM back in the day at Dillard. Man....

Advertisement
In

Imagine them at Rodgers Middle 🤣🤣Tutie was dunking in 8th grade - easily @RattlerCane305 could shed more light on that.
Yup, first time I saw him play was when he was an 8th grader. He was dunking with ease. Cuz fell victim to the Jackson early bloomer curse. He, like myself and a lot of other cats physically matured early. He didn't grow much taller than he was at 14, same here...

Interesting, Fowles is moving on from Dade Christian to Avante Garde. Avante Garde seems to be making moves

Advertisement
Back