sofla free agency thread

infinity war avengers GIF

Secondary starting to come together...

View attachment 198482

6'2", 6'1", 6'1", 6'3"

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
It's probably too late for this season, but if yall need a WRs coach next year... I know a guy...

Me. I'm the guy.

Advertisement
Ironically chaminades resurgence started a few years back with a group of Fort Lauderdale kids (shivers, Williams, keontra, couch).
Yea the only group they ever got and Keontra lived right there in West Park too.

They seldom ever get fort lauderdale kids at all. They stick to the same pocket....which is honestly the most talented area likely outside of inner city miami per capita.

I went to Chaminade, I know Damien's family from the neighborhood and I LOVE seeing him take what Guandolo did and take it to even higher heights ..... and even I'm rooting for the public schools hardest. lol

Wish Dillard and Ely could be good at the same time so that Soul Bowl could get back to Soulin and Bowlin.
I think Ely will bounce back in about 2 more years

Advertisement
Don’t forget about Miramar, McArthur, and Piper. All of those areas have talent.
Miramar had a run where they were getting a ton of kids from Miami Gardens/Carol City/Norland area but they’ve fallen off recently. If McArthur could keep all the west park/Carver Ranches kids, they’d be for real. Piper has never been good. Most of the good players from that area are Plantation kids. Kids also tend to follow coaches around and coaches will often move from school to school depending on what administration lets them get away with. You’ll see one of these middle of the road Broward programs have a couple great years and then all of the sudden the whole team will leave with the coach. It’s happened at Hallandale and McArthur a few times. It happened at Plantation when Steve Davis retired for a year.

Ely, Coco Creek, Dillard & Boyd Anderson have always been Broward schools that if they could keep their neighborhood talent from getting poached by the larger schools would consistently be competing for States.
Thats the problem, they can't. BA and Ely are dead. They will never come back. BA had one good season years ago when Antonio Browns dad was the coach the last time around..but that was lightning in a bottle. He is the coach again but I think its too late to save BA.

Ely is trying to develop their kids but they cant keep them at Ely. They cant recruit either. Deerfields new staff is trying the "develop our kids" formula but that wont work. As soon as they develop them, those kids will leave to the big schools. Dillard is getting hot at the perfect time. Couldnt have worked out any better for them. They are the only Broward public school worth anything so they will recruit all the top tier kids who dont want to go private.

Advertisement
Thats the problem, they can't. BA and Ely are dead. They will never come back. BA had one good season years ago when Antonio Browns dad was the coach the last time around..but that was lightning in a bottle. He is the coach again but I think its too late to save BA.

Ely is trying to develop their kids but they cant keep them at Ely. They cant recruit either. Deerfields new staff is trying the "develop our kids" formula but that wont work. As soon as they develop them, those kids will leave to the big schools. Dillard is getting hot at the perfect time. Couldnt have worked out any better for them. They are the only Broward public school worth anything so they will recruit all the top tier kids who dont want to go private.
How's Western gonna do now that the DC is gone to Chaminade? I know he was responsible for a lot of talent wanting to go out west. Sucks that he left, I liked what he did for the program.

Advertisement
How's Western gonna do now that the DC is gone to Chaminade? I know he was responsible for a lot of talent wanting to go out west. Sucks that he left, I liked what he did for the program.
I know their head coach is the one responsible for turning them into a "recruiting" team. Coach Ratk was an assistant at Cooper City when I went there in the 90's. He was either fresh out of college or possibly still in school back then.

Miramar had a run where they were getting a ton of kids from Miami Gardens/Carol City/Norland area but they’ve fallen off recently. If McArthur could keep all the west park/Carver Ranches kids, they’d be for real. Piper has never been good. Most of the good players from that area are Plantation kids. Kids also tend to follow coaches around and coaches will often move from school to school depending on what administration lets them get away with. You’ll see one of these middle of the road Broward programs have a couple great years and then all of the sudden the whole team will leave with the coach. It’s happened at Hallandale and McArthur a few times. It happened at Plantation when Steve Davis retired for a year.
Happened at MCARTHUR with me there 2 years ago. HC left to Florida Memorial and kids followed Junior Rosegreen or went the **** everywhere from Chaminade,Hallandale,to Miami Northwestern, Western some crept to South Broward it was a feeding frenzy

*Correction Miramar always have a contigent of Carol City kids just based on location...alot of the kids live actually closer to Miramar than Carol City High.

But Miramar forever has a solid program because of the optomist programs (Miramar/PPO/Miami Gardens Chiefs/Ravens) and their ability to slot or ensure they keep those as feeders. Miramar hasnt completely fallen off recently they put Balom here at UM, they typically still are having 3-6 kids go div 1 yearly..last year they honestly had the fastest back in the county though undersized as **** and some freakshow sized dbs.

For example alot of the local optomist coaches that feed Miramar thru the years got snatched up by schools like Chaminade to coach. So boom now you have the kids feed there.

Ill argue with anyone that South broward has the most talent in the entire broward county. Miramar/Pembroke Pines/Hollywood (West Park, Liberia) is choc full of talent with predominantly the elite kids playing everywhere BUT their assigned public schools lol.

We at Mcarthur were literally 1 possible year away from challenging STA in the playoffs with a legitimate team b4 it went to sh)t so Mca isa sleeping giant as well.

Advertisement
They're gonna be alright.
Coach Rak and Coach Chop bring kids in too.
And they still have one of the best OC/QB combos in South Florida.

BA is dead in the water. Especially dead now that Dillard is back. Everything about the school is a mess

Ely has a chance because the northern part of the county can forever be on the take. Thats how Deerfield was formidable all those years. Keep your kids (Pompano) and ravish all the coconut creek, coral springs, monarch, Tamarac talent you can b4 sta/ah/ cardinal gibbons gets them

I know their head coach is the one responsible for turning them into a "recruiting" team. Coach Ratk was an assistant at Cooper City when I went there in the 90's. He was either fresh out of college or possibly still in school back then.
He doesnt do the recruiting though. Its the guy that just left and my other boy so...........if they cant get "recruiters" there....dead in the water talent wise. None of their better players are from over there. The good thing for them is they have some young talent already in there that were brought in.

Judging from my 4 years at Deerfield, I don't know if their boundary has enough homegrown talent to be elite. We always had to draw from Pompano, Creek and even Palm Beach to form a solid team.

Biggest difference I've seen at Dillard is that most of our players are Lauderdale kids. There's also a ton of school/neighborhood pride. These kids aunties and grandmas went to Dillard.

And it helps that we're a 6-12 school.
Y'all should see some of the 8th and 9th graders we have.

If we (coaches) don't ***** this up, we can make a huge run.

Advertisement
Back