sofla free agency thread

Also another thing...EVERYONE is their nephew.

I remember a guy that was recently posted on here...was at a camp going on n on about his nephew to a guy I was with whom i coached his son...Who was the ACTUAL uncle to the kid he was telling the guy about..whole time dude played along and when he left he was like.." You hear that sh*t..he tellin me bout my own **** nephew" i couldnt stop laughing

Advertisement

I remember a guy that was recently posted on here...was at a camp going on n on about his nephew to a guy I was with whom i coached his son...Who was the ACTUAL uncle to the kid he was telling the guy about..whole time dude played along and when he left he was like.." You hear that sh*t..he tellin me bout my own **** nephew" i couldnt stop laughing

You and Macho should write a book about south Florida youth/high school coaches

THEY ARE WHAT I CALL...."BUSS EM IN THE MOUTH" COACHES....thats their answer for everything...we down 10 pts..buss em in the mouth...Play doesnt work-.."its because ol aint blocking ..they gotta buss em in the mouth".
Boston Celtics Lol GIF by NBA

You and Macho should write a book about south Florida youth/high school coaches

Potential titles for that most excellent book:

1. Shiftless Layabouts & Where to Find Them.
2. Burger Time: How to Never Have to Pay for McDonald's Again.
3. Bookbag Life.
4. How to Leech Off Kids with More Talent than You Ever Had.
5. The Veer and Other "Modern" Offenses.

Advertisement
Its all they know...and to them if it aint broke dont fix it. In the case of MNW alot of the time they have the talent up front to JUST do that.
Realize these dudes may have been running this same scheme since T-DIDDY and COACH ICE HARRIS took the remote days....literally.
But they get their a$s ran out of the stadium by any OC who has a clue.
Venice put up 56 on them.
Lowndes put up 48.
Some team in Utah or Arizona (can't remember) beat their a$s too.

It makes South Florida look really bad when one of our best teams gets their a$s handed to them when they leave South Florida.

Worth noting, IMO, that the big-time programs like MNW, Central and Booker T. have won some of these road games against powerhouse out of state programs, too ... Southlake Carroll, Norcross, Bishop Gorman for example.

How much are these HS coaches in Dade public schools getting paid via their supplements compared to what coaches pocket in some of these other schools that win big.

Lot of guys who might be more polished or knowledgeable coaches won't be interested in working at these Miami schools for a multiple reasons, including compensation.

Advertisement
Worth noting, IMO, that the big-time programs like MNW, Central and Booker T. have won some of these road games against powerhouse out of state programs, too ... Southlake Carroll, Norcross, Bishop Gorman for example.

How much are these HS coaches in Dade public schools getting paid via their supplements compared to what coaches pocket in some of these other schools that win big.

Lot of guys who might be more polished or knowledgeable coaches won't be interested in working at these Miami schools for a multiple reasons, including compensation.
Coaching in FL is truly a labor of love. I currently coach in TX and you're making as much or more as a position coach than some head coaches in FL make. FL has done a *slightly* better job of raising teacher salaries, but the coaching stipends remain pitiful. Meanwhile Dallas ISD just increased salaries by about $11,000. That's not even taking into account the resources that TX school districts put into football programs (weight rooms, indoor facilities for some, etc.). Until FL decides to invest more into athletics, the quality of coach will stagnate. That's obviously not every coach, because there are still great coaches at the crib.

Also, in TX, you're required to work for the school/school district you coach at in order to coach for the school. That would change a LOT of dynamics in Florida.

But they get their a$s ran out of the stadium by any OC who has a clue.
Venice put up 56 on them.
Lowndes put up 48.
Some team in Utah or Arizona (can't remember) beat their a$s too.

It makes South Florida look really bad when one of our best teams gets their a$s handed to them when they leave South Florida.
They have done their share of *** whooping out of state as well. They pretty much care alot about running in state and their super bowl is Miami Central every year. Once they beat them every thing else is cherry on top.

But its true. They dont switch up looks on d ...at all. So if you have some players and a solid oc you can have some scores.

Super accurate. Some of the Texas HS coaches make north of $80k-$100K a year for just coaching. I know some high school coaches in FL don't even make $45k a year and they have teach on top of coaching. Makes a huge difference.

Super accurate. Some of the Texas HS coaches make north of $80k-$100K a year for just coaching. I know some high school coaches in FL don't even make $45k a year and they have teach on top of coaching. Makes a huge difference.
Not some...MOST.

I coached hs 2 years and didnt even get gas money...straight volunteer community service.

Advertisement

Good story, nephew.

:)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back