sofla free agency thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
I knew a kid who's mom was getting paid by a team up in Georgia just for him to go up there & play on Saturdays. Lmao
The Blaze kid from Tampa that went viral was getting flown out by a team in Texas every Friday for games on Saturdays this past season. I think that team was also bringing in a kid from Georgia too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
WTF is with South Florida coaches and their bookbags? lol

WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN IT.

These dudes type corny anyway with these back packs..its hilarious as you know...and MAJORITY of them dont have a clue about football other than the talent they have recruited.

Bookbag for what?. I see them walkin around camps witht he same sh*t on trying to look important

Advertisement
You literally look like a little kid on his way to school. But you're supposed to be coaching? How?

The way I coach, there's no way I could wear a book bag.

Plus, I know my fat a$s would just fill it with lemon pepper wings that I can eat between defensive series.

I look at it the same as the non hoopers coming to the court in slippers with a book bag on with their tennis shoes in it?.

I look at it the same as the non hoopers coming to the court in slippers with a book bag on with their tennis shoes in it?.
there is a straight line progression between "coaching" at a park to randomly getting a high school gig and joining the 7 on 7 circus while wearing said backpack.

some of their practice plan highlights include

-45 minute team periods

-throwing the ball on inside run

-everyone blocking zone to the right/left with 0 rules or calls

-backpack on, shirt untucked, non school hat and a long *** towel in back pocket while coaching

WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IN IT.

These dudes type corny anyway with these back packs..its hilarious as you know...and MAJORITY of them dont have a clue about football other than the talent they have recruited.

Bookbag for what?. I see them walkin around camps witht he same sh*t on trying to look important
Majority of em couldn't get no burn when they were in HS and are living vicariously through these kids. Most of these handlers can't help but let the attention that the kids get go to their heads. Either they've never been recruited by anyone but the Armed Forces and/or they just can't let go of their own gridiron dreams. One of the main reasons I fell back from the park scene...

Advertisement
Majority of em couldn't get no burn when they were in HS and are living vicariously through these kids. Most of these handlers can't help but let the attention that the kids get go to their heads. Either they've never been recruited by anyone but the Armed Forces and/or they just can't let go of their own gridiron dreams. One of the main reasons I fell back from the park scene...
Living vicariously THROUGH the kids instead of FOR the kids.
A lot of these dudes down here care more about their "fame" than the kids do.
A number of them are self proclaimed "gurus". They even include the word guru in their Twitter handle.

Living vicariously THROUGH the kids instead of FOR the kids.
A lot of these dudes down here care more about their "fame" than the kids do.
A number of them are self proclaimed "gurus". They even include the word guru in their Twitter handle.
Smh. Y’all continue yall great work too

Another thing that struck me about South Florida coaches...

They're super ambitious when it comes to being around these kids, holding onto their jock, attaching themselves to the kids, taking credit for their success, etc.
But they're never AS AMBITIOUS about working on their own craft.

They will go to every fvckin' 7-on-7 known to man...
Drive to all the skill camps...
Just to be around these kids... (and latch onto them)

But they won't drive 2 hours up the road to attend a clinic and learn more about their craft.
They won't go out of their way to network, meet college coaches, pick their brains, etc.
Everything they do is centered around latching onto D1 athletes...NOT ACTUAL COACHING.

That's why we have so many handlers down here but VERY FEW technicians.
Our position coaching...particularly at OL/DL (the most technical positions)...down here is atrocious.
They're not true "football guys".

Another thing that plagues our area is guys thinking that they "know it all" because they played some college ball.
Meanwhile they don't study the game. They don't study Saban, Meyer, Venables, Aranda, etc. They can't name a single fvckin' modern offensive or defensive concept other than "RPO dawg!". That's why we don't see any scheme versatility down here. 87% of the defenses down here run 4-front with Cover-4 or Cover-1-Man. Nobody knows WTF the "Tite Front" is (except Columbus). Nobody knows WTF "Stubby/Special" coverage is.
And then when you try to bring up these concepts, they look at you crazy! lol

And they don't WANT to learn or work on their craft, so instead, they just work hard at recruiting better athletes to their school.
Without those athletes they're absolutely fvcked because then they'd actually have to develop.

Another thing that struck me about South Florida coaches...

They're super ambitious when it comes to being around these kids, holding onto their jock, attaching themselves to the kids, taking credit for their success, etc.
But they're never AS AMBITIOUS about working on their own craft.

They will go to every fvckin' 7-on-7 known to man...
Drive to all the skill camps...
Just to be around these kids... (and latch onto them)

But they won't drive 2 hours up the road to attend a clinic and learn more about their craft.
They won't go out of their way to network, meet college coaches, pick their brains, etc.
Everything they do is centered around latching onto D1 athletes...NOT ACTUAL COACHING.

That's why we have so many handlers down here but VERY FEW technicians.
Our position coaching...particularly at OL/DL (the most technical positions)...down here is atrocious.
They're not true "football guys".

Another thing that plagues our area is guys thinking that they "know it all" because they played some college ball.
Meanwhile they don't study the game. They don't study Saban, Meyer, Venables, Aranda, etc. They can't name a single fvckin' modern offensive or defensive concept other than "RPO dawg!". That's why we don't see any scheme versatility down here. 87% of the defenses down here run 4-front with Cover-4 or Cover-1-Man. Nobody knows WTF the "Tite Front" is (except Columbus). Nobody knows WTF "Stubby/Special" coverage is.
And then when you try to bring up these concepts, they look at you crazy! lol

And they don't WANT to learn or work on their craft, so instead, they just work hard at recruiting better athletes to their school.
Without those athletes they're absolutely fvcked because then they'd actually have to develop.
That's because they can learn everything they need to know on Madden.

Advertisement
Back