sofla free agency thread

Does anybody know if there is any ex Miami players head coaching high school in Florida? besides Roland smith

Advertisement
Does anybody know if there is any ex Miami players head coaching high school in Florida? besides Roland smith

I forget what the school is but whoever played Roland Smith’s team in the state finals also had a Cane as their HC

Last edited:

I think there is a few.

Hurlie Brown just took Merritt Island to States. I think he is going back to college now though.
Kenard Lang-Orlando Evans (We got Markeith Williams in this class from him)

I know Darryl Williams was an assistant at St Thomas Aquinas. it appears that Lance Leggett is in Polk County

I think there is a few.

Hurlie Brown just took Merritt Island to States. I think he is going back to college now though.

I know Darryl Williams was an assistant at St Thomas Aquinas. it appears that Lance Leggett is in Polk County
Thanks

I think there is a few.

Darrin Smith is an assistant with Chaminade-Madonna

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
They got poached for a few at gulliver and mnw. The rest go to Btw.

They actually need to start supplementing their talent more. But bot alot of kids typically transfer in to over town. They would go to mnw, and the talent at Jackson is sh-t
Hope they can get it back going.

Was something to see when Central, MNW and Booker T would be nationally ranked and going toe-to-toe during the season and then all three would go on to win states.

What are they ... 15 minutes apart?

Not another city in the country could have three public schools simultaneously rollng like that at one time

Not Atlanta, not Dallas, not Houston, not L.A.

Hope they can get it back going.

Was something to see when Central, MNW and Booker T would be nationally ranked and going toe-to-toe during the season and then all three would go on to win states.

What are they ... 15 minutes apart?

Not another city in the country could have three public schools simultaneously rollng like that at one time

Not Atlanta, not Dallas, not Houston, not L.A.
Eh, Dallas has Cedar Hill, Duncanville, and DeSoto, which all went to the state title game in the last 7-8 years. In the 2020 season, CH made it to the state finals, Dville made it to the semis, and they beat Desoto the round before.

And then you go down one class and add in Lancaster, it's a very elite set of schools all about 20 mins apart.

Eh, Dallas has Cedar Hill, Duncanville, and DeSoto, which all went to the state title game in the last 7-8 years. In the 2020 season, CH made it to the state finals, Dville made it to the semis, and they beat Desoto the round before.

And then you go down one class and add in Lancaster, it's a very elite set of schools all about 20 mins apart.
Good call.

Some strong programs and a lot of talent on that south side of Dallas

Advertisement
Back