sofla free agency thread

Celestine, Mike Jackson & Bob Golden as pass catchers & Marlon Hanna and Isaiah Mosley running the ball? Palmetto's offense just got a whole lot faster, the 2021 spread offense is gonna be unstoppable
Y’all just gotta protect ur qb. You guys coulda done really well last year

Advertisement
Its a bunch of kids that played at Mcarthur at Hallandale. South Broward consistently gets raided. But in Hollywood at any given time one of Hallandale or Mcarthur will be in a talent stronghold and make runs...we sort of had it with the mcarthur team in 2019. The issue is ...one move/coach decision and the players haul *** all kind of different ways /schools.

Mcarthur is the real sleeping giant though honestly more so than Hallandale.

Mcarthur is right down the street from PPO (pembroke pines optomist) probably one of if not the best youth football program in south florida, in the neighbor hood of Washington Park Buccaneers(another formidable youth program) and close enough to Miramar. Also the school is located next to the turnpike entrance.

Alot of the actual home school talent for MCA leaves and plays elsewhere...also add to Private school powerhouse of Chaminade using MCA like how we used them in the early 2000s when I played as our farm system.Countless players of there's over the years were MCA transfers or slotted to go to MCA as a home school. They literally took like 5 or 6 underclassmen future div 1 players a year ago.
No doubt. It's like a revolving door of talent at the southeast broward schools. There's always one school who hires a “recruiting” coach and they tend to get a bunch of talent for a year or two and then there's a coaching change and everyone leaves and one of the other schools does the same thing. There's a lot of kids who can play in the area but they're constantly shifting schools and none of the programs are ever consistent. Especially since Chaminade got serious about football again recently.

RE: Class of 2021 prospects

I see a LOT of kids that I know are Power 5/FBS caliber kids that didn't sign anywhere in February. WAY more than the average class. On their social media they all claim to have the prerequisite GPA, I don't know about their test scores. What is going on????

Celestine, Mike Jackson & Bob Golden as pass catchers & Marlon Hanna and Isaiah Mosley running the ball? Palmetto's offense just got a whole lot faster, the 2021 spread offense is gonna be unstoppable
Palmetto offense looked like complete dogsh*t in the playoff games i saw.

What will be the difference if it bogs down and no qb?. I mean had Brashard Smith out there playing kill the man with the ball. Cost yourself a chance at playing in the state game. Did they get OL transfers?.

No doubt. It's like a revolving door of talent at the southeast broward schools. There's always one school who hires a “recruiting” coach and they tend to get a bunch of talent for a year or two and then there's a coaching change and everyone leaves and one of the other schools does the same thing. There's a lot of kids who can play in the area but they're constantly shifting schools and none of the programs are ever consistent. Especially since Chaminade got serious about football again recently.
Exactly.

The one school that stays consistent is Miramar. They always are a tough out or above 500.

I mean all the other southern broward schools literally can go from 10 wins to 3 wins in a years time with the transitions and revolving door.

Advertisement
Palmetto offense looked like complete dogsh*t in the playoff games i saw.

What will be the difference if it bogs down and no qb?. I mean had Brashard Smith out there playing kill the man with the ball. Cost yourself a chance at playing in the state game. Did they get OL transfers?.
Kevin Smith (Starting QB, Arizona State & Southern Miss offers) broke his fibula vs Dr. Phillips and things went downhill from there. He's good to go now.

As far as OL, no luck. They tried to get Armella from Columbus but failed. The O-line wasn't necessarily that bad last year, it's just that defenses knew that Brashard was running the ball up the middle every play.

Kevin Smith (Starting QB, Arizona State & Southern Miss offers) broke his fibula vs Dr. Phillips and things went downhill from there. He's good to go now.

As far as OL, no luck. They tried to get Armella from Columbus but failed. The O-line wasn't necessarily that bad last year, it's just that defenses knew that Brashard was running the ball up the middle every play.
They better have a back up qb. Or it will then be J7 up the middle every play.

Losing the size of Savion Collins didnt hurt the OL..or were there some young talent there?.

RE: Class of 2021 prospects

I see a LOT of kids that I know are Power 5/FBS caliber kids that didn't sign anywhere in February. WAY more than the average class. On their social media they all claim to have the prerequisite GPA, I don't know about their test scores. What is going on????
Transfer portal and NCAA not doing shït about Initial Counters. Plus a lot of schools in lower divisions may have cut back on scholarships due to Covid induced budgetary issues. Almost positive test scores were waived for this year.

Advertisement
I thought Hallandale had talent when we played them last season. You could tell they had potential to be good.

The only thing is...
(and I eluded to this before)

IMO you need good OL/DL play + good QB play to get far once the competition gets stiffer. You can recruit all the skill kids you want, but if you can't block and your QB can't throw, you're as$ed out. Some of these schools are overloading on skill kids only.

I thought Hallandale had talent when we played them last season. You could tell they had potential to be good.

The only thing is...
(and I eluded to this before)

IMO you need good OL/DL play + good QB play to get far once the competition gets stiffer. You can recruit all the skill kids you want, but if you can't block and your QB can't throw, you're as$ed out. Some of these schools are overloading on skill kids only.
Because thye get them through those 7 on7 teams. OL and DL arent out there...and lets be real majority of these guys wouldnt know a good ol if they saw em anyway.

Kid play on the 7 on 7 travel teams become friends and they get them to recruit them to their schools.

The only schools i see really target OL in recruiting are Chaminade and STA. American Heritage has to as well.

Advertisement
@gogeta4 I may have mentioned I played on the very first football team at PPO in 1967. We were in the North Dade League and got our asses kicked for 2 years until we moved to the South Broward League.

Our field was next to a sewer plant out in western Hollywood and other teams called us Sewer City. Lol. Do they still play there?

Advertisement
@gogeta4 I may have mentioned I played on the very first football team at PPO in 1967. We were in the North Dade League and got our asses kicked for 2 years until we moved to the South Broward League.

Our field was next to a sewer plant out in western Hollywood and other teams called us Sewer City. Lol. Do they still play there?
They play on the campus of Broward College. Right at North Perry Airport before you reach University Drive. Alot of college/NFL stars has came through there since you played.

lol @ sewer city....They are now the BENGALS. @423Hurricane

They play on the campus of Broward College. Right at North Perry Airport before you reach University Drive. Alot of college/NFL stars has came through there since you played.

lol @ sewer city....They are now the BENGALS. @423Hurricane
West Hollywood Optomist used to play on fields on the north side of the airport. I played LL baseball there for 3 years even though they were our rivals. Things sure have changed since I was roaming those fields.

Advertisement
Back