sofla free agency thread

Advertisement
Football is big business in the tri county area

So educate me really quick, b/c I’m not versed on the Florida High School regulations like California. @gogeta4 & @Coach Macho

High school athletes can transfer for any reason, at any given time, as many times as they, parents, guardians see fit?

Advertisement
So educate me really quick, b/c I’m not versed on the Florida High School regulations like California. @gogeta4 & @Coach Macho

High school athletes can transfer for any reason, at any given time, as many times as they, parents, guardians see fit?
Seems like Southern California is pretty crazy. Idk if it's South FL level crazy but I remember reading an article about QBs transferring all through the SoCal area. **** even Jake Garcia went to 3 different schools there before leaving the state.

Advertisement
Seems like Southern California is pretty crazy. Idk if it's South FL level crazy but I remember reading an article about QBs transferring all through the SoCal area. **** even Jake Garcia went to 3 different schools there before leaving the state.

Naw; it’s not like that. Jake transferred due to violations committed & football seasons were cancelled or sanctions imposed. Even Matt Coral transferred b/c he was kicked out of school. U don’t really hear of kids transferring just b/c in So Cal; most due to moving, getting in trouble or schools shut down football. Lotta soccer moms be sticking their nose in football business nowadays. Not as much now, but they were for a minute.

Last edited:
Can't be.
It's so bad now that it's basically a given every off-season that certain kids are going to transfer.
Kids are leaving winning programs.

Thanks. I think it’s a point for a serious discussion. I wonder how much coaches really like it, or wish that it was so widespread? I mean I guess some do, but I’ve got a feeling a lot think it doesn’t benefit them too much.

What’s your take on it? Is it a good thing or a bad thing? What does it do to or for the athletes? Is it overall good for them or bad for them? Honestly how do you feel about it?

I’m not an expert on high school rules elsewhere, it just seem like to me it’s pretty rampant down here. I know when I was going to school it was basically pretty rare. I mean it happened, but not like this. The FHSAA had guidelines back then. But then again, when I was in high school there was no Twitter either.

It’s a different environment because of social media.

Can't be.
It's so bad now that it's basically a given every off-season that certain kids are going to transfer.
Kids are leaving winning programs.
7 on 7 has made it a au basketball in south florida.

Your kids are getting recruiting right after the season and going on 7 on 7 tournament trips with kids from other schools and getting recruited by 7on 7 scoaches to other schools

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thanks. I think it’s a point for a serious discussion. I wonder how much coaches really like it, or wish that it was so widespread? I mean I guess some do, but I’ve got a feeling a lot think it doesn’t benefit them too much.

What’s your take on it? Is it a good thing or a bad thing? What does it do to or for the athletes? Is it overall good for them or bad for them? Honestly how do you feel about it?

I’m not an expert on high school rules elsewhere, it just seem like to me it’s pretty rampant down here. I know when I was going to school it was basically pretty rare. I mean it happened, but not like this. The FHSAA had guidelines back then. But then again, when I was in high school there was no Twitter either.

It’s a different environment because of social media.
I've been on both sides.
When I was at Western I had kids taken from me every year.
Now I'm on the other side. I get a handful of transfers come to me every off-season.

It's a love/hate thing for me. I'm certainly not gonna turn kids down, and I'm actually grateful when they choose to come play for me/us. Most of these kids have been great young men.
But at the same time, I don't like having a roster full of transfer kids. That's like a mercenary program. I like having kids who have been in the program 3/4 years. I believe it creates more pride for the school/program, creates a tighter bond between teammates and coaches, etc.

I also don't like (having to worry about) my kids being recruited away from me every off-season by these 7-on-7 slapd!cks. These MF'ers are like vultures. We've actually been pretty fortunate though, we seldom lose kids during the off-season.

Advertisement
Back