sofla free agency thread

This story is sad as ****. Parents need to do more due diligence on what school they send their kids to

Not even a scored coach mad the kid left, they don’t even have athletics at the school. Dude is just lazy. Feel awful for the kid and family.

Advertisement
IMG_4607.jpeg

Guess Sofla HS sports talk could go here. Just now seeing these games, that BG vs STA game is going to be wild

Saw BG play last year vs central and they were loaded. Some big *** polys on that squad. Lost kids to graduation but I’m assuming they are like CM or STA and reloaded with new kids

Not even a scored coach mad the kid left, they don’t even have athletics at the school. Dude is just lazy. Feel awful for the kid and family.
For profit private school. If you’re not paying the tuition, they don’t give a ****

Advertisement
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think schools hording all of the talent like STA, AH and CM has hurt Broward player development. Coach Smith and Casullo brought in transfers, but they didn't bring in transfers the way Harriott does. Smith and Casullo looked for a few players to supplement their team every year. Harriott brings in 20 transfers/year. This helps STA, but depletes other schools. STA, AH and CM woodshed 90% of their opponents, so the players on their team don't face top competition on a regular basis. In my opinion this leads to players being underdeveloped and overrated. I know we'll never go back to the days when there were several strong programs in Broward who could play with STA, AH and CM, but I think it would help the players.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think schools hording all of the talent like STA, AH and CM has hurt Broward player development. Coach Smith and Casullo brought in transfers, but they didn't bring in transfers the way Harriott does. Smith and Casullo looked for a few players to supplement their team every year. Harriott brings in 20 transfers/year. This helps STA, but depletes other schools. STA, AH and CM woodshed 90% of their opponents, so the players on their team don't face top competition on a regular basis. In my opinion this leads to players being underdeveloped and overrated. I know we'll never go back to the days when there were several strong programs in Broward who could play with STA, AH and CM, but I think it would help the players.

Idk the numbers but it seems like Harriott brings in more SR transfers whereas George would bring in more kids that play at STA for more than 1 year

**** so many of their top kids under Smith were transfers at one point

Advertisement
Not a transfer announcement, but this is funny as **** from new Miami Northwestern coach Teddy Bridgewater:

Love it.

Carol City is back on the rebuild.

MNW has Teddy an has some talent. Norland they are sleeping on after they beat everyone *** last year, Miami Central is back loaded and added more transfers again, Homestead is never spoken of as well as Columbus and they keep winning.

Its Broward where the public schools are mostly hit with destruction from the private schools.

The best broward publics this year will be in a top 5... Western, Coconut Creek, Monarch

Does that even sound right? lol

Advertisement
Love it.

MNW has Teddy an has some talent. Norland they are sleeping on after they beat everyone *** last year, Miami Central is back loaded and added more transfers again, Homestead is never spoken of as well as Columbus and they keep winning.

Its Broward where the public schools are mostly hit with destruction from the private schools.

The best broward publics this year will be in a top 5... Western, Coconut Creek, Monarch

The West reunion video.

MNW has Teddy an has some talent. Norland they are sleeping on after they beat everyone *** last year, Miami Central is back loaded and added more transfers again, Homestead is never spoken of

(y)

But why are those kids in Broward always drinking that private school Kool-Aid?

Advertisement
Love it.

Lol crazy ain't it?

(y)

I mean...

They're bandwagoners. 🤷🏻‍♂️
And furthermore...
Who else is actually coaching, developing and winning in Broward?

*Creek does a good job. They've got some steam in North Broward.
*The former Douglas HC just won the district in his first season at Piper.
*Steve Davis retired from Plantation. He's been a consistent 7/8 win coach but they ran the Wing-T.
*Monarch has a high flying offense that kids like.
*And Western has been a solid program for the last decade maybe.

But other than that, who's got a respectable program that parents would want to send their kid to? (over the 4 prominent private schools)
Some of them would rather send their kids to warm the bench at a private school rather then send them to public.

(y)

The private schools in BROWARD are some of the best football schools in THE COUNTRY....not the state..THE COUNTRY.

ST THOMAS AND CHAMINADE ARENT NEW TO THIS...American Heritage is fairly new to it but STA IS GOING ON 4 DECADES AND CHAMINADE 2.

The private schools in BROWARD are some of the best football schools in THE COUNTRY....not the state..THE COUNTRY.

ST THOMAS AND CHAMINADE ARENT NEW TO THIS...American Heritage is fairly new to it but STA IS GOING ON 4 DECADES AND CHAMINADE 2.
Not to mention, a lot of these kids parents would rather them be in private school because a lot of the public schools aren’t great. Given the choice between Boyd Anderson and American Heritage…there isn’t a choice.

Advertisement
Back