sofla free agency thread

Advertisement
South briward also has randy Phillips Jr. They can't keep anybody that's good they are a breeding ground for other teams

Yea he’s good too at QB. They have a squad. They don’t need to transfer. I’m not going to lie, I think this is hurting South Florida talent pool. I remember when I was in high school piper had a lineman that went to Tennessee, Northeast had a rb that went to Rutgers, and BA had a kid go to Tennessee too. Man, North Broward Prep had kids signing with Pitt. There were more parity in the county and kids showed their talents at more than a handful of schools. I’m not going to say they played for their homeschools but they didn’t all transfer to the same schools. I like see South Broward have talent along with McArthur and Hallandale too. I hope those schools continue to build up their roster.

Yea he’s good too at QB. They have a squad. They don’t need to transfer. I’m not going to lie, I think this is hurting South Florida talent pool. I remember when I was in high school piper had a lineman that went to Tennessee, Northeast had a rb that went to Rutgers, and BA had a kid go to Tennessee too. Man, North Broward Prep had kids signing with Pitt. There were more parity in the county and kids showed their talents at more than a handful of schools. I’m not going to say they played for their homeschools but they didn’t all transfer to the same schools. I like see South Broward have talent along with McArthur and Hallandale too. I hope those schools continue to build up their roster.
It’s wash, rinse repeat with the southeast Broward public schools. South Broward, Hallandale and Mc Arthur put together solid teams every few years but as soon as that happens, the kids all bolt to other schools. There’s good kids in Hollywood but they mostly end up at Chaminade.

Advertisement
Schools that have no shot at sustaining...piper. south broward, north miami..these will forever be feeder programs.

Like someone stated i played in broward when there was more parity, there were transfers but not to the level we see..it's worse because of the school choice thing. the fhsaa is a **** show though everything they do is rink dink..just look at what they did with the new classifications of suburban vs rural or whatever dumb **** they came up with because south Florida sweeps states every year.

Every one pretty much teams up in broward and heads to the privates or 1 public school.

It’s wash, rinse repeat with the southeast Broward public schools. South Broward, Hallandale and Mc Arthur put together solid teams every few years but as soon as that happens, the kids all bolt to other schools. There’s good kids in Hollywood but they mostly end up at Chaminade.

This is the truth. It’s like every 4 years they have good talent then dip when they don’t have to. Coaches come down to South Florida. They go where the talent is.

Schools that have no shot at sustaining...piper. south broward, north miami..these will forever be feeder programs.

Like someone stated i played in broward when there was more parity, there were transfers but not to the level we see..it's worse because of the school choice thing. the fhsaa is a **** show though everything they do is rink dink..just look at what they did with the new classifications of suburban vs rural or whatever dumb **** they came up with because south Florida sweeps states every year.

Every one pretty much teams up in broward and heads to the privates or 1 public school.

That was classification thing was a mess. They literally changed the rules because other areas with maybe the exception of Lakeland doesn’t win consistently. What I don’t get with the transfers is that talented kids are transferring to split reps or rotate. When I was in hs kids transferred for more pt.

Advertisement
That was classification thing was a mess. They literally changed the rules because other areas with maybe the exception of Lakeland doesn’t win consistently. What I don’t get with the transfers is that talented kids are transferring to split reps or rotate. When I was in hs kids transferred for more pt.
they are transferring to split reps an rotate so their PARENTS can brag about them playing at the "it" school. These same parents did the same thing in park ball...it happened less as we were kids as for the most part our parents werent living through the kids as much or grew up in the areas where we went to school.

The neighborhood pride thing is hanging on by a thread currently

they are transferring to split reps an rotate so their PARENTS can brag about them playing at the "it" school. These same parents did the same thing in park ball...it happened less as we were kids as for the most part our parents werent living through the kids as much or grew up in the areas where we went to school.

There is very little neighborhood pride at this point. You see it at Dillard and maybe Ely.

People are starting to get the message with STA at this point as they've had several kids transfer out and play at their new school including one of Macho's guys. I think you will see more of it because parents talk and what Harriott is doing is unsustainable.

Man that makes sense. It’s sad. I had a parent tell me that a couple weeks ago. He says he witness parents doing this all the time even when their kids have p5 offers. Kids with p5 offers jumping to the private schools or hot public schools when they are straight where they are at. Some of these parents do the most man.

There is very little neighborhood pride at this point. You see it at Dillard and maybe Ely.

People are starting to get the message with STA at this point as they've had several kids transfer out and play at their new school including one of Macho's guys. I think you will see more of it because parents talk and what Harriott is doing is unsustainable.

But you have kids transferring into Dillard that don’t live there. Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing Dillard win. Tate and his staff is doing a great job. Especially developing their middle school athletes. They have an incredible system. The Resurgence started with Morgan and Dillard has been doing great since then. I like that but they have kids transferring in too. I like seeing some talent spread throughout the area. Not just a handful of schools.

Ely is doing a great job too. It’s good seeing them back too

Advertisement

You see kids putting offers from STA and Heritage on their social media like it’s a college offer. Half them just do it for the clout.

I had a little hope once stranahan started putting out some top kids.

But I get it, kids know the top schools are hitting up AH and STA big time every time they can. They aren’t doing that at F’ing piper high

Just like Irvin leaving piper, t good leaving south broward etc

It’s not just a Harriott thing. STA has been swallowing up public school talent since I’ve been following this for 25 years. **** they’ve had kids transfer from out of state to go there

Advertisement
It’s not just a Harriott thing. STA has been swallowing up public school talent since I’ve been following this for 25 years. **** they’ve had kids transfer from out of state to go there
The Harriott part of it is taking senior transfers. Coach Smith and Casullo didn’t do that. In addition to that, Harriott is out there stacking talent 4 deep and he doesn’t care if he has good players sitting on the bench.

Yea but it’s a different beast now. They always had top talent but kids are transferring with fbs p5 offers their senior year. Kids ball out at one school for 3 years then transfer in. I don’t know how true it is but I heard parents are taking out loans just so their kids can transfer in

The Harriott part of it is taking senior transfers. Coach Smith and Casullo didn’t do that. In addition to that, Harriott is out there stacking talent 4 deep and he doesn’t care if he has good players sitting on the bench.

It’s a different beast now. That being said, STA just had a dominant title run but it seems like this was the quietest I ever heard from STA. There wasn’t much hype this year and they dominated.

Yea but it’s a different beast now. They always had top talent but kids are transferring with fbs p5 offers their senior year. Kids ball out at one school for 3 years then transfer in. I don’t know how true it is but I heard parents are taking out loans just so their kids can transfer in
Its the truth....i know kid that transferred out of sta to Miami Central cause pops wasnt trying to pay he was playing and getting reps at sta.

Advertisement
Back