social media gives yet another hint

Advertisement
I think my post was pretty clear. @Angry Ibis and others I am not living in 2001 or any other time period. And the Canes had about a 20 year run so don't know why folks settle on 2001 which had the worst coach (Coker) when during that run. I have lived through the Canes of the 1970's so I know how bad it can be. So I appreciate the wins.

So I don't know why folks can't just make an observation without being accused of having an expectation that the Canes should be like the Canes of the past. For the record I don't have any illusions about where we are. But it should not be too much to ask that our team perform the basic football functions like be disciplined, hold one another accountable, perform the fundamentals.

And it should not be too much to ask of a coach to at least PREPARE the team and put the BEST players on the field and put them in the best position to be successful. From my perspective an 8 win season is not bad, but it is bad to to get blown off the field and make no adjustments the entire NC game and the first half of Ok State. And keep in mind everything is relative the Canes for the most part have more talent (or at least 4 star potential stars) in the ACC with the exception of Clemson,

And @Go Canes!! I didn't say I was making a professional analysis of Pope's actions, it was just MY observation and it appeared to me that he just wasn't that upset and it was another drop that he could live with, which in my opinion is something that seems to run through the team and I stand by my observations

I just want them to play to their potential and the coach to at least perform the basics!

Nah, it’s not true.

This is the most silly aspect of this unserious fan base, because some of the same jag fans crying “this ain’t Miami football!” are the ones saying “the sport has left us behind and we’ll never be dominant again.” Then y’all try and act like adults by agreeing with outside criticisms. Makes me sick.

Most fans (like 99%) are not expecting the 80s, 90s or early 00s. Those eras were insane. Instead most of us just want to avoid embarrassment on national TV and win our pathetic division more often than not, then on occasion win the ACC. It’s everyone else who acts like Miami fans are out here demanding we compete with Bama, just like they acted like our players were convicted criminals when we ran the sport. It’s lazy drivel from the same booger eating critics who ask “is the U back” every time we win a halfway meaningful game. They’re actually the ones living in the past, not the brow beaten, untrusting, long suffering and legit fans. We expect everything to be awful and our modest success to be an illusion. We all know that Miami’s personal slogan isn't Al Davis’ “just win baby”, it’s Admiral Ackbar’s “it’s a trap!”

Being a Miami fan can be rewarding without competing year in and year out for the Natty. The problem isn’t that we aren’t elite, it’s that we aren’t even fun to support.

Then nobody should meltdown when we lose to Bama next year. But there will be a whole board full of those types of threads, just like there were after Clemson this year. Bama will win every regular game they play next year.

I agree we should expect to have a 10+ win, top-15, program that regularly wins the Coastal. Winning the ACC? I mean, that's literally expecting to compete with Bama. Clemson and Bama are on another level. They'll win the next 10 ACC titles as long as Dabo is there

Advertisement
Some people will get mad because there is an element of truth to it....

The tweet was sent to me and I was like you mother****ers, then was like well...

2001 Joaquin said dominate

2020 Joaquin said something on Twitter....

Not for nuttin, but manny has apologized and taken blame after losses... he’s called out the team, too, but he has apologized for the poor coaching.
The real problem is that he allows the same stupidity over and over. WR, LB, play killed the season.

Not for nuttin, but manny has apologized and taken blame after losses... he’s called out the team, too, but he has apologized for the poor coaching.
The real problem is that he allows the same stupidity over and over. WR, LB, play killed the season.
And we played a lot of LBs and well at least they got some run...

Young WR being out with covid gives a slight unclear picture of their development. Harley went nuts after that and public enemies 6 and 8 had strong games around that time...but then were exceptionally frustrating against OK St in the same game.... as someone pointed if they make one or the plays we likely win the game...

Advertisement
Leave the players alone man. Blake Baker is still employed. How the **** can u ask for accountability from players when a man give up 800 yards in one game at home and he is still employed. Thats how the rot set in, where is the red line?

We continue to get hints of why our team is not successful, this is another one. There have been a few others. Think about how little self awareness you have to have to post something like that Mark Pope's tweet. Really ***** the world because they have criticisms of you because after 3 years you still have not perfected your craft. Sacrifices? When it appears you have not sacrificed enough to master your skills. And you continue to underperform or do it inconsistently. This screams entitlement. But based on what?

And where is his pride? I think if most folks dropped a pass that cost my team a game they would avoid being seen in public for awhile forget going to social media to throw folks the finger., Something is deeply wrong with this kid and some others.

And this comes from the top its part of the culture. Notice Diaz never simply says its my fault I messed up I will do better or even apologize for awful performances.

We keep talking about culture, well the U culture is one that is self delusional. Its one of unaccountability. Maybe there is some "want to" but no real commitment to making it happen. As a result the team has none of the stuff that makes a foundation: discipline, accountability to one another, fundamentals (like catching, blocking, tackling) and a solid understanding of the game of football and situational football

Watch Pope's expression after he drops the pass near the end of the game, which would have put them in at least field goal range for a tie. He kind of shrugs and runs off like not that big of a deal there are worse things going on in the world.

How do you win big with that attitude permeating the team? And how do you win with a coach who does not snuff this crap out and build his team on tried and tested solid ground rather than quick sand
EXACTLY & watching Manny Mouse high five him after dropping it was WILD

Then nobody should meltdown when we lose to Bama next year. But there will be a whole board full of those types of threads, just like there were after Clemson this year. Bama will win every regular game they play next year.

I agree we should expect to have a 10+ win, top-15, program that regularly wins the Coastal. Winning the ACC? I mean, that's literally expecting to compete with Bama. Clemson and Bama are on another level. They'll win the next 10 ACC titles as long as Dabo is there
I am not even thinking about a natty. Just want us to be motivated, not quit and be interesting. And please, at least finish the season on a high note.
You know, not competing for an NC has its benefits. In the glorious years, every time we lost a game, it felt like the end of the world. It would take me a week to recover. Now maybe a day.
I try to look at the bright side of things. Football isn't real life...

And we played a lot of LBs and well at least they got some run...

Young WR being out with covid gives a slight unclear picture of their development. Harley went nuts after that and public enemies 6 and 8 had strong games around that time...but then were exceptionally frustrating against OK St in the same game.... as someone pointed if they make one or the plays we likely win the game...
What team did you watch all season? Harley improved. Pope and Wiggins are the 49th and 47th most productive receivers in the acc. OUT OF 51. Theyre bottom 5 in drops. They are as unproductive as anyone in the nation, and they started all season. Never lost their jobs, never benched, never even disciplined.

There’s 4 underclassmen who literally could not possibly have been worse, really could’ve only been better... but they trotted out the worst duo in cfb instead. Those snaps would’ve been priceless for development... but instead we embarrass the program.

Advertisement
What team did you watch all season? Harley improved. Pope and Wiggins are the 49th and 47th most productive receivers in the acc. OUT OF 51. Theyre bottom 5 in drops. They are as unproductive as anyone in the nation, and they started all season. Never lost their jobs, never benched, never even disciplined.

There’s 4 underclassmen who literally could not possibly have been worse, really could’ve only been better... but they trotted out the worst duo in cfb instead. Those snaps would’ve been priceless for development... but instead we embarrass the program.
The one where the younger receivers were on the covid list around the Virginia game and Harley went off. The next game Harley went over 100 and Wiggins and Pope had over 70 each and TD, VT Wiggins went for over 100 and then the team was off for almost a month.

So the one where we don’t have a clear picture of the development of the young receivers because they didn’t play...

The one where the younger receivers were on the covid list around the Virginia game and Harley went off. The next game Harley went over 100 and Wiggins and Pope had over 70 each and TD, VT Wiggins went for over 100 and then the team was off for almost a month.

So the one where we don’t have a clear picture of the development of the young receivers because they didn’t play...
Are u kidding me?

Are u kidding me?
We didn’t see the young receivers play.

What’s confusing about that?

You may be confusing it with I don’t think they should have played, but that’s not what I said or am saying. We have no idea if they are good or not because we didn’t see them enough to know what we have going forward.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nah, it’s not true.

This is the most silly aspect of this unserious fan base, because some of the same jag fans crying “this ain’t Miami football!” are the ones saying “the sport has left us behind and we’ll never be dominant again.” Then y’all try and act like adults by agreeing with outside criticisms. Makes me sick.

Most fans (like 99%) are not expecting the 80s, 90s or early 00s. Those eras were insane. Instead most of us just want to avoid embarrassment on national TV and win our pathetic division more often than not, then on occasion win the ACC. It’s everyone else who acts like Miami fans are out here demanding we compete with Bama, just like they acted like our players were convicted criminals when we ran the sport. It’s lazy drivel from the same booger eating critics who ask “is the U back” every time we win a halfway meaningful game. They’re actually the ones living in the past, not the brow beaten, untrusting, long suffering and legit fans. We expect everything to be awful and our modest success to be an illusion. We all know that Miami’s personal slogan isn't Al Davis’ “just win baby”, it’s Admiral Ackbar’s “it’s a trap!”

Being a Miami fan can be rewarding without competing year in and year out for the Natty. The problem isn’t that we aren’t elite, it’s that we aren’t even fun to support.
I've told you that you should post more. Now I have proof. Excellent post!

I hate to explain this whole thing with one cliched word, but I will.........

Millennials

I guess these guys are technically Gen Z, but there is hardly a difference.

Minimal work and performance for maximum accolades.

I'm 45 so that makes me Gen X if you want to label, and i've seen the shift to "softness" and mental weakness throughout the years.

Happy New Year

Advertisement
Back