social media gives yet another hint

OleCane

DatOleCane
We continue to get hints of why our team is not successful, this is another one. There have been a few others. Think about how little self awareness you have to have to post something like that Mark Pope's tweet. Really ***** the world because they have criticisms of you because after 3 years you still have not perfected your craft. Sacrifices? When it appears you have not sacrificed enough to master your skills. And you continue to underperform or do it inconsistently. This screams entitlement. But based on what?

And where is his pride? I think if most folks dropped a pass that cost my team a game they would avoid being seen in public for awhile forget going to social media to throw folks the finger., Something is deeply wrong with this kid and some others.

And this comes from the top its part of the culture. Notice Diaz never simply says its my fault I messed up I will do better or even apologize for awful performances.

We keep talking about culture, well the U culture is one that is self delusional. Its one of unaccountability. Maybe there is some "want to" but no real commitment to making it happen. As a result the team has none of the stuff that makes a foundation: discipline, accountability to one another, fundamentals (like catching, blocking, tackling) and a solid understanding of the game of football and situational football

Watch Pope's expression after he drops the pass near the end of the game, which would have put them in at least field goal range for a tie. He kind of shrugs and runs off like not that big of a deal there are worse things going on in the world.

How do you win big with that attitude permeating the team? And how do you win with a coach who does not snuff this crap out and build his team on tried and tested solid ground rather than quick sand

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** the Noles.... but ....look around ....
It is not "living in 2001" to expect the best from players. When you are a 5 star recruit, but one of THE WORST(i think 9th or 5th worst) in drop % and have the never to act like an a$$ on twitter, yeah it is pretty right people are angry with him. you'd be pretty complacent not to.

Advertisement
We continue to get hints of why our team is not successful, this is another one. There have been a few others. Think about how little self awareness you have to have to post something like that Mark Pope's tweet. Really ***** the world because they have criticisms of you because after 3 years you still have not perfected your craft. Sacrifices? When it appears you have not sacrificed enough to master your skills. And you continue to underperform or do it inconsistently. This screams entitlement. But based on what?

And where is his pride? I think if most folks dropped a pass that cost my team a game they would avoid being seen in public for awhile forget going to social media to throw folks the finger., Something is deeply wrong with this kid and some others.

And this comes from the top its part of the culture. Notice Diaz never simply says its my fault I messed up I will do better or even apologize for awful performances.

We keep talking about culture, well the U culture is one that is self delusional. Its one of unaccountability. Maybe there is some "want to" but no real commitment to making it happen. As a result the team has none of the stuff that makes a foundation: discipline, accountability to one another, fundamentals (like catching, blocking, tackling) and a solid understanding of the game of football and situational football

Watch Pope's expression after he drops the pass near the end of the game, which would have put them in at least field goal range for a tie. He kind of shrugs and runs off like not that big of a deal there are worse things going on in the world.

How do you win big with that attitude permeating the team? And how do you win with a coach who does not snuff this crap out and build his team on tried and tested solid ground rather than quick sand
I really don’t get the “today” buzz word “culture” when describing sports. Call it what you like but Miami is a program in great divide. From the top on down not everyone is going in the same direction. The concept of team has not been seen in over a decade. Miami will continue with the mediocrity, send a few to the NFL but as far as being elite, well, that’s not happening under this administration and supposed leadership. Maybe I’m too old school but I’ll do a museum for culture.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our fans live in 2001. There's no question. Every **** cfb player in the country uses twitter, instagram, etc.

Before Pope and Wiggins, we had guys who were just as bad like Lance Leggett and Ryan Moore. And those 2 were pre-social media, so don't blame social media. This is on a lack of talent at the position to replace 2 guys who should never have been starters here

It's still funny...and mostly true
Nah, it’s not true.

This is the most silly aspect of this unserious fan base, because some of the same jag fans crying “this ain’t Miami football!” are the ones saying “the sport has left us behind and we’ll never be dominant again.” Then y’all try and act like adults by agreeing with outside criticisms. Makes me sick.

Most fans (like 99%) are not expecting the 80s, 90s or early 00s. Those eras were insane. Instead most of us just want to avoid embarrassment on national TV and win our pathetic division more often than not, then on occasion win the ACC. It’s everyone else who acts like Miami fans are out here demanding we compete with Bama, just like they acted like our players were convicted criminals when we ran the sport. It’s lazy drivel from the same booger eating critics who ask “is the U back” every time we win a halfway meaningful game. They’re actually the ones living in the past, not the brow beaten, untrusting, long suffering and legit fans. We expect everything to be awful and our modest success to be an illusion. We all know that Miami’s personal slogan isn't Al Davis’ “just win baby”, it’s Admiral Ackbar’s “it’s a trap!”

Being a Miami fan can be rewarding without competing year in and year out for the Natty. The problem isn’t that we aren’t elite, it’s that we aren’t even fun to support.

Wiggins at least have good blocks and some moments last year. For Pope to had been a 5 star player in HS he is incredibly awful. I don’t see anything elite about him

Advertisement
Back