So You're Saying There's A Chance...

Ssoto0055

Sophomore
That that it's Butch.

Internally we've heard over the years how UM trustees and others with power have rolled their eyes when Davis' name has been tossed around because of how his tenure at North Carolina ended among an NCAA investigation and academic scandal. Davis, who cleaned up Miami and its image in the six years he was in charge, has maintained throughout that he was was never implicated by the NCAA for what happened at UNC and has the letter to prove so. He reiterated that on the radio Monday.

A donor I spoke with after Al Golden was fired Sunday told me trustees have urged athletic director Blake James to seek proof from the NCAA itself that Davis was not implicated if James intended to consider Davis to be UM's next coach.

"Up until this year Butch was always met with 'Yeah, he's not going to come back,'" the donor said. "But now Butch is the only person whose name I've heard in hypotheticals. Last year it was [Mario] Cristobal. I don't know if it's the new president, but I think they're willing to consider Butch now."

Butch Davis is interested in becoming UM's next coach, but is UM really interested in him? | Eye on the U

Advertisement
Butch said on the radio today that he has a letter from the NCAA exonerating him of any wrong doing in the NCAA debacle. It's just that a some of it happened under his watch.

Maybe Frenk wants to kick some ***. Maybe he wants to prove he is NOT DONNA II. If Butch is indeed clear of NCAA then there is no safer, cheaper, smarter of better choice. Indeed there is no other choice.

Advertisement
Hiring Butch is cheaper, safer and lazier than any other option. Doesn't mean it is smarter. The season doesn't end for two months. They should be gauging interest from all viable candidates. IF nothing works out then you can come back to the slightly tainted ***** who has made it clear that she wants you to Pretty Woman her and get her off the streets.

Maybe Frenk wants to kick some ***.

_20151026_195346.JPG

Hiring Butch is cheaper, safer and lazier than any other option. Doesn't mean it is smarter. The season doesn't end for two months. They should be gauging interest from all viable candidates. IF nothing works out then you can come back to the slightly tainted ***** who has made it clear that she wants you to Pretty Woman her and get her off the streets.

GTFO. Be real with yourself, WHO that is on his level and for what we will pay, going to come here? If we wait around, I GUARANTEE that any coach even close will have already signed back door deals to the bigger, better paying programs. Bring Butch NOW and we won't lose the recruits and gain even more. It will also give him plenty of time to get his best staff on board.

GTFO. Be real with yourself, WHO that is on his level and for what we will pay, going to come here? If we wait around, I GUARANTEE that any coach even close will have already signed back door deals to the bigger, better paying programs. Bring Butch NOW and we won't lose the recruits and gain even more. It will also give him plenty of time to get his best staff on board.

What level is Butch on? 5 years removed from coaching. 15 years removed from coaching Miami. USC fans had to be saying the same thing when rehiring John Robinson was a possibility. They got their wish and he was average. Pittsburgh tried to do it with Johnny Majors and it was a disaster. We'll see what happens at Louisville once all of Strong's players leave and Petrino is left with own recruits. You're hoping for some Bill Snyder type **** and that is gradually going in the other direction too. Programs who reach into their past to try to win fail. Our rivals wanted Golden around forever. We hire Butch and we're letting them off the hook. The same arguments used like "he's still around the game" "of course he's learned things" get used over and over to support all those hires.

Should be trying to find the next Jimmy, Erickson or Butch. Not trying to recreate the past. Find a killer who knows Miami can elevate him to a new level. He kills it here and he leaves and we thank him for his service. Rinse and Repeat. Butch should be our safe pick if other things don't work out.

Advertisement
DO you doubters have any clue how motivated Butch would be for this job? Do you understandhis need to make it right here ? Motivation -are you kidding me?

Advertisement
Back