So You're Saying There's a Chance (but what is it?!)

Classic

TAFKA CaneClassic
Gentlemen and maybe a lady or two or more probably none,

It's a pleasure to endure (that's the proper word, isn't it?) the recruiting season with you. Through our discourse, we learn to respect each other's opinions, some more than others. So thus, since there's only so much bull**** that we can discuss, let's put our money where our mouths are.

I'm going to list recruits below, and, if you're game, I'd like for you to estimate the chances we snag each of them, by percentage.

Strictly fun. No right or wrong answers. You can estimate from your (beer) gut, or from your infinite inside sources, or from what you read on the 'web. No crow to be consumed here, unless you're just so damned confident and proved later to be so damned silly.

I'll start (just copy + paste + make your adjustments, and add to the list if I've missed a prospect of significance, this was off the top of my head):

Bostwick: 80% (if he qualifies)
Bryant: 50% (What do you call The Material Girl's fetus? A pre-Madonna.)
Sandland: 90%
Collins: 75%
Coley: 85%
Toby Johnson: 60%
T. Williams: 50%
Muhammad: 65%
Bradley: 0%
Thomas: 85%
Kirkland: 90% (if qualifies)
Odogwu: 100% (if we offer)
Green: 5%
Senat: 35%
Liner: 20%
Foster: 35%
Grace: 95%
Robinson: 40% (I have a suspicion he goes prep)

Obviously, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about a lot of the kids left on our board. And, you know, what's the difference between 30% and 50%, really, but if these buffoons on WarChant, etc. can throw around percentages, we can, too!

And at least we can count to 100, more than can be said for those with Free Shoes diplomas.

I'm studying for my law school finals, so forgive the effort to create a suitable distraction.

Go 'Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
your #s on Toby Johnson and Muhammad are about 10x higher than they should be

First off, for that thoughtful and in-depth response:

152.gif

Secondly, you're probably right on Johnson, but if he makes a visit in January, I think we've got as good a shot as any. He's Georgia's to lose right now, and thus, I probably should have put him under 50%, but again, a strong January visit, and I feel good. He's liked what he's seen of us.

Muhammad is more of a gut call, but show me some info that puts a school ahead of us for his services right now. He didn't visit ND this week as planned (though he still could), and he rated his visit to us a 10, stole Jermaine Grace's hat, and for those reasons, I feel good about him.

put grace in there, hes probably the most likely uncommitted kid that will wind up a cane. and the kids a beast.

ill bite.

Bostwick: 50%
Bryant: 50%
Sandland: 50%
Collins: 40%
Coley: 25%
T. Johnson: 100% (im assuming this is Travis Johnson?)
T. Williams: 40%
Muhammad: 25%
Bradley: 5%
Thomas: 70%
Kirkland: 99%
Green: 1%
Senat: 1%
Liner: 1%
Robinson: 35%
Grace: 97%

Advertisement
Bostwick: 95% (if he qualifies)
Bryant: 45% (What do you call The Material Girl's fetus? A pre-Madonna.)
Sandland: 30% Really doubt we beat AS just because of the ladies, I rarely believe a kid goes for academics no matter what they say to reporters.
Collins: 40% because of Franklin we lose this kid
Coley: 40% because of a good friend at FSU
T. Johnson: 99%
T. Williams: 55%
Muhammad: 20%
Kirkland: 70% (if qualifies) Wherever 6 goes DK will join him
Odogwu: 0%
Senat: 10%
Liner: .1%
Foster: .1%
R.Robinson: 65%
Grace: 100%

Last edited:
Sandland: 30% Really doubt we beat AS just because of the ladies, I rarely believe a kid goes for academics no matter what they say to reporters.

65% on a kid who is committed to a top 5, SEC school? I know hes a local but jeez! What makes you so confident about that one?

65% on a kid who is committed to a top 5, SEC school? I know hes a local but jeez! What makes you so confident about that one?

Just a weird feeling that we snag him and get our cheap revenge for PP. Especially after what Grace said about them all going to UM, its just a feeling and a guess.

Dont wanna thread jack but would be coo to do a under RS percentages.
My percentages would be way higher some of them without the NCAA cloud.

Advertisement

119713-650-366.jpg

I thought 35% was generous. Would love to see this kid on our roster but its going to be very hard for Golden and the gang to rip him away from the LSU coaching staff. If anyone can do it, I have faith in Golden.

I thought 35% was generous. Would love to see this kid on our roster but its going to be very hard for Golden and the gang to rip him away from the LSU coaching staff. If anyone can do it, I have faith in Golden.

Kid is having serious thoughts according to what Ive read on one of Ariz's threads so I think we can flip.

I think he means Toby Johnson.

ill bite.

Bostwick: 50%
Bryant: 50%
Sandland: 50%
Collins: 40%
Coley: 25%
T. Johnson: 100% (im assuming this is Travis Johnson?)
T. Williams: 40%
Muhammad: 25%
Bradley: 5%
Kirkland: 99%
Green: 1%
Senat: 1%
Liner: 1%
Robinson: 35%
Grace: 97%

Advertisement
Oh the injured kid. Don't see us taking/getting him at all. Don't know much about the guy just know he's had injuries.

Oh the injured kid. Don't see us taking/getting him at all. Don't know much about the guy just know he's had injuries.

Fixed the original post to make it clearer.

We would definitely take him. We're not in a position where we can turn down talented DTs. He had a partial ACL tear (the partial part being good news), but he's a talent. Could potentially be ready by the beginning of season, but could also redshirt.

Was high on us, has Georgia as his leader. Still recruiting him, hopefully visiting in January.

Take him if we can get him. Sure need dts. If the staff is still going after him they obviously think he can go.

Advertisement
Who the **** helped you come up with mathematical equations to get these percentages? Nate Silver?

A little off on Travis Johnson, apparently.

LOL. Too true, ain't it?

My prediction was for Toby Johnson up top at 60%, but that one appears pretty off, as well. Feeling pretty good otherwise, though.

Close with Bostwick, Bryant, Collins, 6, Coley, Kirkland, Williams, and Grace...yes, please!!

Advertisement
Back