So who's on Al Golden's list?

Where can I find Golden's comments saying he will cut up to 15 guys? Can someone post it. That's a whole lot of players for a team that is so thin.

Advertisement
Does anyone know what happened to Asante Cleveland? He looked very good as a Fresh, IMO better then Clive.

Next year is going to be rough, 2013 is a better year considering what is going to happen next year. It is going to be a long year, but see light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in a while.

Does anyone know what happened to Asante Cleveland? He looked very good as a Fresh, IMO better then Clive.

Good question. I prefer Clive's athleticism better. Hard to imagine that Ford was better than Asante Cleveland for playing time

Advertisement

I've been asking this question all year. pretty sure he had an injury that carried over to the spring but since then he has done a disappearing act.

Advertisement
Ben Jones (4 years already)
Thompkins (4 years already but WR depth chart is paper thin)
Darion Hall (just a rumor)
Calhoun (4 years already)
Cory White (always injured)
Sanders (never ever mentioned)
Wells (just a rumor)
Holton (4 years already, doghouse)
Payne (never ever mentioned, part of the bad news crew that got kicked out ie Storm, Travis Williams, etc, but CB depth chart is paper thin)
Davon Johnson (4 years already)
Shayon Greene (always injured but DE depth chart is paper thin)

If we want a 35 man class (and Golden would be smart to get as many kids as we can before any sanctions hit in 2013), we will need to clear out at least 10 more bodies.

Ben Jones (4 years already)
Thompkins (4 years already but WR depth chart is paper thin)
Darion Hall (just a rumor)
Calhoun (4 years already)
Cory White (always injured)
Sanders (never ever mentioned)
Wells (just a rumor)
Holton (4 years already, doghouse)
Payne (never ever mentioned, part of the bad news crew that got kicked out ie Storm, Travis Williams, etc, but CB depth chart is paper thin)
Davon Johnson (4 years already)
Shayon Greene (always injured but DE depth chart is paper thin)

If we want a 35 man class (and Golden would be smart to get as many kids as we can before any sanctions hit in 2013), we will need to clear out at least 10 more bodies.

Out of the 11 you mentioned...my guess is 7 are easy pickins to get rid of...some of the "bigger" and more highly acclaimed recruits from the list, would be my guess.

Advertisement
Surprised nobody is mentioning Kacey Rodgers. One of the worst to ever lace em up.

Remember we need these guys to get their degrees somewhere to maintain our graduation rate which does impact our future teams and scholarships if I recall.

Advertisement
Surprised nobody is mentioning Kacey Rodgers. One of the worst to ever lace em up.
He's not that bad, he had that one play where he hesitated to make the play in the FSU game this past season.

that was a big play

That was definitely a big play but he was solid for the game... The guy choked but it happens... Its a part of the game... Our team does have some talent... Some guys are young but they can still contribute... You cant get rid of everyone and hope the freshmen comes in and make plays... Its not going to work like that... As bad as the 08 class underachieved what they did during their freshmen and sophomore years were pretty impressive for a young group the problem is that they peaked, but what they did their first 2 years you cant expect every young recruiting class to do the same... I mean look at UF and their 2010 recruiting class is a mess and they had productive upperclassmen to help out with their recruits and they still contributed minimally to their team... That being said, Rogers one mistake should not define his career... He was a solid special teamer and a solid back up during the FSU game... He did choke but that doesnt warrant losing a scholly...

He's not that bad, he had that one play where he hesitated to make the play in the FSU game this past season.

that was a big play

That was definitely a big play but he was solid for the game... The guy choked but it happens... Its a part of the game... Our team does have some talent... Some guys are young but they can still contribute... You cant get rid of everyone and hope the freshmen comes in and make plays... Its not going to work like that... As bad as the 08 class underachieved what they did during their freshmen and sophomore years were pretty impressive for a young group the problem is that they peaked, but what they did their first 2 years you cant expect every young recruiting class to do the same... I mean look at UF and their 2010 recruiting class is a mess and they had productive upperclassmen to help out with their recruits and they still contributed minimally to their team... That being said, Rogers one mistake should not define his career... He was a solid special teamer and a solid back up during the FSU game... He did choke but that doesnt warrant losing a scholly...

By no means am I saying to pull his scholly, I’m not trying the kid at all. All I’m saying is, that was a big play that he missed on, it will follow him while he is here. Do you remember Sam Shields freshman year against FSU? it was fourth down, end of the game he runs a slant across the middle, ball hits him in the numbers he drops it and we lose. It was one of the biggest plays in his career and he didn’t come up with it. It was unfortunate but, like you said, he choked but it happens. I bet if he is in that situation again, that won’t happen.

Advertisement
Back