So what's the deal with Avontae

lol these kids dont give a **** if they land a wall street job or not. they're going to the school that does the best job in getting them drafted.

Well they should care because there are guys on wall street making more in 1 year than any NFL player will make in their lifetime.

However, that is not what I said at all. The guy was saying UGA is a good school. Not a good school for athletes. Good school in general. I explained that is straight BS. This has nothing to do with athletes.

Advertisement
Well they should care because there are guys on wall street making more in 1 year than any NFL player will make in their lifetime.

However, that is not what I said at all. The guy was saying UGA is a good school. Not a good school for athletes. Good school in general. I explained that is straight BS. This has nothing to do with athletes.

you also view these things through a finance prism when not everyone does from your overall posts.

He's going to UF or UGA.

We have a much better chance getting a recommit from Tenninsom than we do getting Tae to flip back to us.

If we're trying to take another Safety in this class we should be after Vito Tisdale.

Why is that the case @Liberty City El? Is this a case of bags being dropped or the kid just being a flakey diva? Also, what’s the word on Tisdale? Would he be a good enough replacement for ‘Tae?

This is false. UGA is awful academically. USnews rankings and the like are all jokes. Academics only count for about 10% of the rankings. I can't speak for UGA taking care of their own in Georgia. I guess if your goal is to be an accountant for Billy Bob Joe's pig farm in bumfvck Georgia. Then by all means. Go to Georgia. However, if you ever plan on making 7, 8, 9, or 10 figures a year. Going to UGA would be a terrible choice.
10 figures a year lol? Yeah that’s not something that results from college. And if you want to make 7 figures UGA is fine for some of the fields. I know personally a 7 figure dentist who went to Bama, and a lawyer (now owns multiple businesses) who went UF law and owns a house worth 12 million. Not even BSing you. For dentists they make a lot more in rural places than in large cities, and they pay lower taxes, so the dentists in Georgia and the likes are killing it. So for the dental field it’s probably advantageous to go somewhere like Georgia. And UM is not exactly some IVY powerhouse lol, it’s a great school but it’s a bit silly to act as if it gives some huge leg up.
**** even if you wanted to go corporate law, you can still go to UGA undergrad and get into a T14 law school as easily as you would from UM. And UM isn’t really a target for finance or consulting anyway, so in that respect I guess it’s better than Georgia but not by much

Advertisement
10 figures a year lol? Yeah that’s not something that results from college. And if you want to make 7 figures UGA is fine for some of the fields. I know personally a 7 figure dentist who went to Bama, and a lawyer (now owns multiple businesses) who went UF law and owns a house worth 12 million. Not even BSing you. For dentists they make a lot more in rural places than in large cities, and they pay lower taxes, so the dentists in Georgia and the likes are killing it. So for the dental field it’s probably advantageous to go somewhere like Georgia. And UM is not exactly some IVY powerhouse lol, it’s a great school but it’s a bit silly to act as if it gives some huge leg up.
**** even if you wanted to go corporate law, you can still go to UGA undergrad and get into a T14 law school as easily as you would from UM. And UM isn’t really a target for finance or consulting anyway, so in that respect I guess it’s better than Georgia but not by much

Don't give me that schit. There were 2 Americans on Wall Street that made 10 figures last year. One went to Harvard one went to MIT. I am not saying go to Harvard and you will make 10 figures, but it is the correct path to take if that is your goal unless you plan on starting up the next Amazon.

I believe it. However, he is a massive outlier, which is my point. There are people that graduate community colleges and make 7 figures. Keep in mind people that are making barely over a mill a year are considered "7 figure guys".

Yes, they pay lower taxes, but then you have to live in some schit hole like Georgia. You also can live in some of NYCs suburbs and pay similar property tax to what you would pay in Georgia while still having the advantage of living among civilized society.

UM is a **** of a lot better than Georgia. I am not saying its in the realm of Harvard. Not even close, but it is way better than UGA.

As far as finance you are dead wrong. UGA degrees won't even make it past the resume filter if you apply for a wall street job. The only SEC school that will make it past the filter is Vandy. The ACC has numerous schools that will make it past the filter. Miami being one of them. That said, I don't know many front office Miami guys working on the street, but I know 0 UGA/UF guys.

Tae better stop plying around with this Oregon Bs just come back to the Canes where u belong young man

Athens? We're talking about Athens? Athens. Not Miami. Athens.

Athens? We're not talking about Miami, the city I love. We're talking about Athens.

Athens.

Advertisement
That is because they fator in all sorts of nonsense like percent of students from low income families, number of on campus clubs, how many parades they have on campus etc. etc. If this was purely based off how good a job you will land after college UGA would be far below UM.

Lol you are so fkn weird with this delusional fixation you have over what school will get u a better job... do you know what year it is?? Most industries don’t give a **** about that anymore... I know CEOs that went to schools not on the level of a UGa or Miami.

The tech industry isn’t some country club Wall Street bull ****... as long as you know wtf you’re doing you can get online certification at Phoenix university and still end up making easily over 100K a year not even in upper management. But keep bringing up examples of the 1% that make 7-10 figure salaries like you would ever get close to making that much money yearly.

Last edited:
Lol you are so fkn weird with this delusional fixation you have over what school will get u a better job... do you know what year it is?? Most industries don’t give a **** about that anymore... I know CEOs that went to schools not on the level of a UGa or Miami.

The tech industry isn’t some country club Wall Street bull ****... as long as you know wtf you’re doing you can get online certification at Phoenix university and still end up making easily over 100K a year not even in upper management. But keep bringing up examples of the 1% that make 7-10 figure salaries like you would ever get close to making that much money yearly.

You are the delusional one.

CEOs??? LOL who tf wants to be a CEO. I know CEOs that are 55 years old still making 750k a year. The only CEO that is really taking in billions is Tesla because he started the company himself. The highest paid CEOs like the Oracle Co-CEOs are taking in a little over a hundred million a year, which is great, but they are outliers and usually take many many many years to work their way up to making that sort of money.

LMFAO if your goal is to make a 100k a year you might as well just get a welding degree or go to community college and become a cop or something.

Making 7-10 figure salaries is not the 1% of wall street. The top 25 Hedge fund managers made an average of 650 mill last year with 3 making over a billion.

Your MEDIAN income of a top earning PE guy is over 150 mil a year.

So stick to gassing up players draft rankings and leave actual discussion of how to make money and which colleges are better than others to people that actually know wtf they are talking about.

This whole BS of "whatever school you go to doesn't matter" only rings true if you want to work middle management at some mediocre company for the rest of your life.

This is true, but because I have inside info on how the job force views college degrees I should post on the topic?

not at all, im just saying there are diff ways to view a college degree depending on each field that is completely diff from how wall street does (some schools are stronger than others in areas that matter more for that field) so it depends on each individual and what they choose to pursue.

Advertisement
You are the delusional one.

CEOs??? LOL who tf wants to be a CEO. I know CEOs that are 55 years old still making 750k a year. The only CEO that is really taking in billions is Tesla because he started the company himself. The highest paid CEOs like the Oracle Co-CEOs are taking in a little over a hundred million a year, which is great, but they are outliers and usually take many many many years to work their way up to making that sort of money.

LMFAO if your goal is to make a 100k a year you might as well just get a welding degree or go to community college and become a cop or something.

Making 7-10 figure salaries is not the 1% of wall street. The top 25 Hedge fund managers made an average of 650 mill last year with 3 making over a billion.

Your MEDIAN income of a top earning PE guy is over 150 mil a year.

So stick to gassing up players draft rankings and leave actual discussion of how to make money and which colleges are better than others to people that actually know wtf they are talking about.

This whole BS of "whatever school you go to doesn't matter" only rings true if you want to work middle management at some mediocre company for the rest of your life.

or if you are getting a post grad degree (MD, JD, DDS) and stats are really the only thing that matters (GPA, MCAT/LSAT/DAT).

not at all, im just saying there are diff ways to view a college degree depending on each field that is completely diff from how wall street does (some schools are stronger than others in areas that matter more for that field) so it depends on each individual and what they choose to pursue

That is 100% correct. I never said anything else. However, UGA is not elite at ANYTHING. They also are worse than Miami in **** near every major. I am only speaking on the business school since that is what I actually have first hand experience with. One of the first things we talk about when you get put in a position to hire people is the REAL college rankings of business schools. These companies have trillions of dollars in assets under management. They are not going to go by USNews rankings. They have their own rankings that are accurate and are purely based off academics.

That is 100% correct. I never said anything else. However, UGA is not elite at ANYTHING. They also are worse than Miami in **** near every major. I am only speaking on the business school since that is what I actually have first hand experience with. One of the first things we talk about when you get put in a position to hire people is the REAL college rankings of business schools. These companies have trillions of dollars in assets under management. They are not going to go by USNews rankings. They have their own rankings that are accurate and are purely based off academics.

thats fair. i went to UM for undergrad but i also got a post grad degree so it didnt really matter what my undergrad degree was in bc it wasnt going to matter.

Advertisement
or if you are getting a post grad degree (MD, JD, DDS) and stats are really the only thing that matters (GPA, MCAT/LSAT/DAT).

I will only speak with certainty for business schools, but in those schools you are still better off going to a better undergraduate school.

As far as legal. I can't speak with certainty on it, but all the lawyers that we use, who are considered some of the best in America went to elite undergrads prior to going elite Law schools.

thats fair. i went to UM for undergrad but i also got a post grad degree so it didnt really matter what my undergrad degree was in bc it wasnt going to matter.

This is very true, but is a 4.0 from Miami going to help you get into a better graduate school than say a 4.0 from FAU?

This is very true, but is a 4.0 from Miami going to help you get into a better graduate school than say a 4.0 from FAU?

not if your test scores suck. i know kids who went to FIU/UCF/FSU solely bc of the cost and in fairness, if youre a fla resident, going to UM for undergrad where youre paying is stupid since bright futures covers your cost at a state school. theyre as smart as the UM kid, but finances make it worthless to go to a private school that they cant afford but end up crushing it at their respective school.

not if your test scores suck. i know kids who went to FIU/UCF/FSU solely bc of the cost and in fairness, if youre a fla resident, going to UM for undergrad where youre paying is stupid since bright futures covers your cost at a state school. theyre as smart as the UM kid, but finances make it worthless to go to a private school that they cant afford but end up crushing it at their respective school.

Well that is why I stated the 4.0. I meant it as an all encompassing of GPA, test scores, etc. If all else is equal who would get accepted the guy with an FIU degree or UM degree?

I am honestly interested. I am not sure about your field. I know in Finance/econ, etc. the UM degree means a lot more. Especially since many people will go and get jobs, get some work experience, and then go and get their masters.

Advertisement
Back