So what's the deal with Avontae

Does he or doesn't he. Lorenzo is his cousin yet he decommitts now he might change his mind I'm getting dizzy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
What happened tho? Like, he looks like he could be a fantastic safety. Id imagine that everyone but him wants him to be here.

Advertisement
What happened tho? Like, he looks like he could be a fantastic safety. Id imagine that everyone but him wants him to be here.
He is a fantastic Safety and a terrific athlete. Problem is that he has a baby and feeling is that he may not be opposed to a receiving a belated baby shower gift from the $EC, most probably Jawja.
Even though I think we received a crystal ball for him to us. Hope he comes. Kid is explosive.

I say recruit them all. I think we have a better shot than ppl think with williams. Especially if we beat UF n have a ten win season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
A kid at his age with financial issues will certainly be swayed by money. Nothing against him but his priorities are short term over long term. Explain to him the value of a Miami Degree vs UGA and he’ll roll his eyes. Offer him 25-50k and he’ll jump never mind that the UM degree, assuming he doesn’t make it to the NFL, will return that money ten fold.

Advertisement
Summary: I dislike UGA, but its a pretty competitive school academically. On par with Miami, but a different experience.

I hate to debunk a myth about the Dawg$ since I’m a GaTech grad, but UGA is ranked in the Top 50 for overall universities (US News & World Report) while Miami is just on the outside (#46 vs #53). I’d say they are relatively even though its obvious that certain programs will be better at one school than another.

More importantly, its a much different “college experience”, not just if he gets paid. Athens is a great college town (hate it but its true) and UGA takes care of its own all across the state of GA. Miami is a costlier, small private school experience in a great international city, with a much smaller alumni base that is spread out much more geographically (NE, Chicago, FL, Atlanta, etc. have strong alumni groups).

Just don’t think you can make a blanket statement that a Miami degree is much more valuable than UGA. If you are connected, you are connected - no matter where you go to college.

None of this matters really for us to argue about, Avantae will decide for himself and his family what is important to him.

A kid at his age with financial issues will certainly be swayed by money. Nothing against him but his priorities are short term over long term. Explain to him the value of a Miami Degree vs UGA and he’ll roll his eyes. Offer him 25-50k and he’ll jump never mind that the UM degree, assuming he doesn’t make it to the NFL, will return that money ten fold.

Summary: I dislike UGA, but its a pretty competitive school academically. On par with Miami, but a different experience.

I hate to debunk a myth about the Dawg$ since I’m a GaTech grad, but UGA is ranked in the Top 50 for overall universities (US News & World Report) while Miami is just on the outside (#46 vs #53). I’d say they are relatively even though its obvious that certain programs will be better at one school than another.

More importantly, its a much different “college experience”, not just if he gets paid. Athens is a great college town (hate it but its true) and UGA takes care of its own all across the state of GA. Miami is a costlier, small private school experience in a great international city, with a much smaller alumni base that is spread out much more geographically (NE, Chicago, FL, Atlanta, etc. have strong alumni groups).

Just don’t think you can make a blanket statement that a Miami degree is much more valuable than UGA. If you are connected, you are connected - no matter where you go to college.

None of this matters really for us to argue about, Avantae will decide for himself and his family what is important to him.

You don’t understand the USNWR college ranking metrics, do you?

Advertisement
Back