So we put a dent in Jimbo's Fla. recruiting, but now we gotta worry about....

Advertisement
I'm hoping our new LB coach will help us get more footing in Texas.
I just read on another thread that Aristide was heavily involved in A&M's recruiting in Dallas-FW and Houston. I thought we might recruit more heavily in Texas built on Patke's history in Texas but that remains to be seen. Of course, this was a tougher year to recruit out-of-state, I guess.

Apparently Sark doesn't read this board. Doesn't he doesn't know that South Florida kids are overrated?

I’m sure the Texas board has a similar midset about their region as this board does about SFL players. “A texas 3 star is a 5 star in any other state” -their version of Brock

No not explicitly, but their WR’s coach Andre Coleman did get Jaden Alexis in last year’s class for UT.

But we don’t have anything to worry about with Texas, their primary focus will be Texas, Louisiana, Cali/the West Coast in general. Sark is a West coast guy from his days at Washington & USC, he hired former UW DC Pete Kwiatkowski who was strictly a west coast recruiter & loaded up his staff with mainly former Bama guys & guys with Louisiana/Texas recruiting roots, like their CB’s coach Terry Joseph who he got from Notre Dame but is originally from New Orleans & used to coach at LSU, LA Tech & TAMU.

Texas ain’t about to be too heavy in South FL in Sark’s tenure, an offer from UT for a 2023 WR means absolutely nothing lol.

Our comp still is & will remain, Bama, UGA, Auburn, UF, Clemson, OH State, Michigan, Oregon, LSU, Ole Miss & the SEC in general, the only Big XII team that even puts forth a real effort in South FL on the trail is Oklahoma.
I noticed one school located in a State capital that’s missing from that list. Lol

Advertisement
Kamari Wilson seems all over Texas via social media.

I know he’s IMG but that’s the one big-time target that at least via social media seems to like Texas.

The real question is, when are WE going to start going back into Texas in a significant way.

I counted ten Texans on our 2001 NC team.

How many of those ten were any good or in the two deep.
Just like south florida is not how many you get from certain area is who you get.

We used to recruit Texas very well even when UT & SMU had strong teams. I hope they can not only bring in some top recruits from Texas but more importantly, bring us Texas brisket!

Advertisement
UT alumni want Sark to regain their hold on Texas recruiting.... Jimbo and A&M have done a great job and Oklahoma has plucked whoever they want from there during UT down years...

If that continues to happen and UT struggles vs their rivals it wont go well for Sark

Kamari Wilson seems all over Texas via social media.

I know he’s IMG but that’s the one big-time target that at least via social media seems to like Texas.

There are some big time crooters on this kid. Don’t mean the schools, I mean the Corey Raymond types. Every big school is throwing a big recruiter at this kid. Looks like we’ve got TRob abs manny on this kid

Advertisement
Texas don't care about any South Florida kids. Liberty el cane is 100pct correct. Florida kids vs Texas kids is a no brainer for any program that wants a Natty

Advertisement
Back