So we put a dent in Jimbo's Fla. recruiting, but now we gotta worry about....

Midlo Cane Fan

No more Midlo
1613871610225.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
I could be completely off base but have the Longhorns ever recruited or signed any big time players out of south Florid? There’s likely a few but they would be a new big time player in SoFl.

does sark or anyone on texas staff even have South Florida ties?
No not explicitly, but their WR’s coach Andre Coleman did get Jaden Alexis in last year’s class for UT.

But we don’t have anything to worry about with Texas, their primary focus will be Texas, Louisiana, Cali/the West Coast in general. Sark is a West coast guy from his days at Washington & USC, he hired former UW DC Pete Kwiatkowski who was strictly a west coast recruiter & loaded up his staff with mainly former Bama guys & guys with Louisiana/Texas recruiting roots, like their CB’s coach Terry Joseph who he got from Notre Dame but is originally from New Orleans & used to coach at LSU, LA Tech & TAMU.

Texas ain’t about to be too heavy in South FL in Sark’s tenure, an offer from UT for a 2023 WR means absolutely nothing lol.

Our comp still is & will remain, Bama, UGA, Auburn, UF, Clemson, OH State, Michigan, Oregon, LSU, Ole Miss & the SEC in general, the only Big XII team that even puts forth a real effort in South FL on the trail is Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I could be completely off base but have the Longhorns ever recruited or signed any big time players out of south Florid? There’s likely a few but they would be a new big time player in SoFl.
When Charlie Strong first got to UT he signed John Burt from Tallahassee, Davante Davis from BTW (Miami) & Cecil Cherry from Lakeland all in the 2015 class, both Burt & Davis were 4-star prospects.

And Tom Herman in his first class signed Jordan Pouncey from Winter Park FL...

But other than that Texas doesn’t really recruit South FL or FLA in general too hard.

Meh. They won’t spend too much time down here. That’ll get you fired as the Texas HC.

Underrated comment. Truth is if Sark passes up Texas talent chasing Florida talent, he's going to have a lot of angry HS coaches and fans in Texas. He doesn't need to give TAMU any additional help.

No not explicitly, but their WR’s coach Andre Coleman did get Jaden Alexis in last year’s class for UT.

But we don’t have anything to worry about with Texas, their primary focus will be Texas, Louisiana, Cali/the West Coast in general. Sark is a West coast guy from his days at Washington & USC, he hired former UW DC Pete Kwiatkowski who was strictly a west coast recruiter & loaded up his staff with mainly former Bama guys & guys with Louisiana/Texas recruiting roots, like their CB’s coach Terry Joseph who he got from Notre Dame but is originally from New Orleans & used to coach at LSU, LA Tech & TAMU.

Texas ain’t about to be too heavy in South FL in Sark’s tenure, an offer from UT for a 2023 WR means absolutely nothing lol.

Our comp still is & will remain, Bama, UGA, Auburn, UF, Clemson, OH State, Michigan, Oregon, LSU, Ole Miss & the SEC in general, the only Big XII team that even puts forth a real effort in South FL on the trail is Oklahoma.
Interesting that you mentioned Oregon. I dont recall them pulling any big time prospects out of South FL. Mario seems to have made the West Coast his priority, which is smart. Hard to overcome the distance factor with Oregon and Florida recruits.

Last edited:
Underrated comment. Truth is if Sark passes up Texas talent chasing Florida talent, he's going to have a lot of angry HS coaches and fans in Texas. He doesn't need to give TAMU any additional help.
You forgot the most important people in Texas that he’ll **** off lol. BOOSTERS. He clearly knows who he serves based on his message on the Eyes of Texas when he first got hired. He’s ready to play the game with them.

Advertisement
Interesting that you mentioned Oregon. I dont recall them pulling any big time prospects out of South FL. Mario seems to have made the West Coast his priority, which is smart. Hard to overcome the distance factor with Oregon and Florida recruits.
Not sure if you consider them “big time” prospects but he got the OL from South Dade Jonathan Denis that we were after and he got Dorlus and Eaford from Deerfield, although I don’t know how hard we were really after them. Other than those 3 can’t think of any.

A lot of the local kids may put them in their “Top 5” but thats it. Like you said, all things being equal that distance is a big factor to overcome.

Advertisement
All jokes aside...

I saw Sark clinic years ago when he was at USC. He spoke very highly of Florida skill kids.
I wouldn't be surprised if he made an effort to recruit this area.

I wouldn't worry about it though. Like someone else said, I doubt people at Texas would be too happy with him loading up on Florida kids.

I can see Sark bringing one, maybe two South FL guys per cycle. But he's sitting on plenty talent around these parts.

Advertisement
Back