L Notre Dame 27-34
W William & Mary 35-29
L Boise State 14-56
L @Pitt 19-26
W Syracuse 44-38
L @North Carolina 13-26
W Georgia Tech 27-21

3-5, 2-2

They're pretty bad, though they played Notre Dame close and should have beaten them. I'm not too worried since Golden is gone, and Mike London owned his ***. If Kaaya is back, we should win this game by 2 TDs. If not, it'll probably come down to the end, even though I liked a lot of what I saw from Rosier last night. UVA is 77th in total defense (Miami is 75th) and 99th in scoring defense (Miami is 70th). UVA is giving up 33 points per game (Miami is giving up 27.6). UVA is 95th in total offense (Miami is 69th). UVA is 95th in the total offense (Miami is 65th). UVA is averaging 24.4 points per game (Miami is averaging 29).

One thing I know for sure, it's nice to actually think and talk about football, and not worry about that fat worthless guy calling himself a coach. Did I mention....Bring Back Butch?

Advertisement
They are better than there record.

Maybe hardest schedule in college ball and they played ucla really tough for a half.

same story as last game, we have to get back to running the ball and control the clock, Kaaya back we will have a better run game because they will worry about the pass game.

Oh and mike London is a good recruiter. We need a coach not a head recruiter

Advertisement
Penalties. A bunch of our flags from last night were bogus, but our guys can be pretty undisciplined at inopportune times. We have plenty of talent. Need to get smarter.

Maybe hardest schedule in college ball and they played ucla really tough for a half.

They also lost to Boise State 56-14 at home, and had to hold I-AA William and Mary at the UVA 30 to beat them in the closing minutes, 35-29, so it'll depend on which UVA team shows up. I'd say that's actually about right for their record.

Explain William and Mary or Boise State.

UVA is trash, if we can beat Duke with no one coaching, we can beat UVA.

They also lost to Boise State 56-14 at home, and had to hold I-AA William and Mary at the UVA 30 to beat them in the closing minutes, 35-29, so it'll depend on which UVA team shows up. I'd say that's actually about right for their record.

As i looked at their record and cant get over giving up 29 to william and mary. Thats screwed up no matter what hapoened in the other games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The William and Mary result is not out of line. Their power rating is quite high for a program on that level. They currently are rated 8 points lower than Virginia and 15 points below Miami.

I saw William and Mary play in person last year in Williamsburg, two days after Miami's rout of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg. It's a smart resourceful team with some decent talent. They battered the Delaware quarterback repeatedly and did a decent job containing a highly rated tight end who was a relatively high draft pick and now is getting playing time in the NFL as a rookie with the Ravens. William and Mary had a wide receiver drafted off that 2014 team. I think he's with the Titans. It's hardly a program in disarray.

Virginia always plays us more physical at their joint. On the road they won't push us around in the trenches like last year. The one season they had an embattled head coach they basically went through the motions down here and we thrashed them. If Kaaya is healthy we should make enough plays downfield to beat this team. But with a program of this level you can't be surprised at anything. A team with the 50th highest power rating in the country is not exactly as dependable as American Pharoah yesterday.

Run the ball heavy with Yearby and Walton to protect Kaaya. 2 good runs by Walton in the I formation, more of that please.

Advertisement
L @UCLA 16-34
L Notre Dame 27-34
W William & Mary 35-29
L Boise State 14-56
L @Pitt 19-26
W Syracuse 44-38
L @North Carolina 13-26
W Georgia Tech 27-21

3-5, 2-2

They're pretty bad, though they played Notre Dame close and should have beaten them. I'm not too worried since Golden is gone, and Mike London owned his ***. If Kaaya is back, we should win this game by 2 TDs. If not, it'll probably come down to the end, even though I liked a lot of what I saw from Rosier last night. UVA is 77th in total defense (Miami is 75th) and 99th in scoring defense (Miami is 70th). UVA is giving up 33 points per game (Miami is giving up 27.6). UVA is 95th in total offense (Miami is 69th). UVA is 95th in the total offense (Miami is 65th). UVA is averaging 24.4 points per game (Miami is averaging 29).

One thing I know for sure, it's nice to actually think and talk about football, and not worry about that fat worthless guy calling himself a coach. Did I mention....Bring Back Butch?

Excellent analysis and I'm right there with ya. We can win out the season easily with our roster.

We gonna win out.

Chill.
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/looking-forward-unc-game/92374#post2345259

I'm mixing up a batch of KoolAid and picking the Canes from here on out. My 4-8 left with Golden. Long live 8-4. After that gutty performance Sat. night, the hose job by the refs, and coupled with the outcry of the Dookies and the national media against this team, I'm back on the bus. What's the phrase...? They can all go fugg they're own faces.... Got Laterals? Let's Go Canes.

Oh, #BBB

The William and Mary result is not out of line. Their power rating is quite high for a program on that level. They currently are rated 8 points lower than Virginia and 15 points below Miami.

I saw William and Mary play in person last year in Williamsburg, two days after Miami's rout of Virginia Tech in Blacksburg. It's a smart resourceful team with some decent talent. They battered the Delaware quarterback repeatedly and did a decent job containing a highly rated tight end who was a relatively high draft pick and now is getting playing time in the NFL as a rookie with the Ravens. William and Mary had a wide receiver drafted off that 2014 team. I think he's with the Titans. It's hardly a program in disarray.

Virginia always plays us more physical at their joint. On the road they won't push us around in the trenches like last year. The one season they had an embattled head coach they basically went through the motions down here and we thrashed them. If Kaaya is healthy we should make enough plays downfield to beat this team. But with a program of this level you can't be surprised at anything. A team with the 50th highest power rating in the country is not exactly as dependable as American Pharoah yesterday.

It's still a I-AA team. A I-AA team that is very good, but lost to 3-5 Delaware.

Advertisement
Back