So...this is who we have...

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
First, allow me to completely disagree with the common sentiment that Miami will never be great again. It's simply not true. If we had hired Lane like we should have, we would be a 10 win team by this season. We will eventually be great again, and the approach that the leadership took was/is in a positive direction investing in the program. It had to happen.

However... Mario...

It's not just that we lost this game.

Before this game, Mario had already unnecessarily eaten into his margin from hiring Gattis/Steele all the way to TVD's last INT tonight.

He should have played Emory and everyone except for Mario and TVD's family, knew it. He should have kneeled against GT.

I love Miami Hurricane football and will always watch it, and root for it, and try to attend games when I can get the flight.

I wanted to be wrong about Mario, but tonight felt like something significant changed. The team lost their cool. Mario refused to at least try Emory in the second half.

Leadership finally took Hurricane football seriously, but they hired the wrong head coach. That guy is coaching the Rebels to another 10 win season.

Miami will eventually rise again, and although I'll keep rooting for our boys, Mario lost me. If he just put Emory in starting the second half, that would've shown an awareness. It would have shown some savvy and smarts. An ability to do something during a game that gives us a chance.

I wanted Lane, but still was optimistic with Mario.

Now... well, whatever. I'll keep cheering on our boys, but with no expectations as long as Mario is our HC. I hope he can perform some miracles at the end and make me eat a delicious crow sandwich...but we all know that's not what's going to happen. And now, we're probably stuck with him for another 3 seasons. And then, get excited about the next wrong decision for HC, because that's all this administration - no matter who is in charge at the time - is capable of doing.

Can't hire Butch, because he ****ed off some board members. Can't hire Dan Mullen because he was aloof. Can't hire The Pirate because he was too weird. Can't hire Lane because Mario played at the U.

On this recent hire... after 2 decades of failure, my biggest concern with hiring Mario is that it would take him too long to really win here, whereas Lane would come in and win right away. We'll never know for sure, but I am fully confident that Lane would've won 8-10 games last year and this year would've had 10 games minimum. Point is, we didn't have time for a long rebuild because of all of the screwups and failure of the last 2 decades, but they moved forward with Mario. Oh well...

Anyway, Go Canes! I hope we go over .500 this year.

Advertisement
First, allow me to completely disagree with the common sentiment that Miami will never be great again. It's simply not true. If we had hired Lane like we should have, we would be a 10 win team by this season. We will eventually be great again, and the approach that the leadership took was/is in a positive direction investing in the program. It had to happen.

However... Mario...

Before this game, Mario had already unnecessarily eaten into his margin from hiring Gattis/Steele all the way to TVD's last INT tonight.

He should have played Emory and everyone except for Mario and TVD's family, knew it. He should have kneeled against GT.

I love Miami Hurricane football and will always watch it, and root for it, and try to attend games when I can get the flight.

I wanted to be wrong about Mario, but tonight felt like something significant changed. The team lost their cool. Mario refused to at least try Emory in the second half.

Leadership finally took Hurricane football seriously, but they hired the wrong head coach. That guy is coaching the Rebels to another 10 win season.

Miami will eventually rise again, and although I'll keep rooting for our boys, Mario lost me. If he just put Emory in starting the second half, that would've shown an awareness. It would have shown some savvy and smarts. An ability to do something during a game that gives us a chance.

Now... well, whatever. I'll keep cheering on our boys, but with no expectations as long as Mario is our HC. I hope he can perform some miracles at the end and make me eat a delicious crow sandwich...but we all know that's not what's going to happen. And now, we're probably stuck with him for another 3 seasons. And then, get excited about the next wrong decision for HC, because that's all this administration - no matter who is in charge at the time - is capable of doing.

Can't hire Butch, because he ****ed off some board members. Can't hire Dan Mullen because he was aloof. Can't hire The Pirate because he was too weird. Can't hire Lane because Mario played at the U.

On this recent hire... after 2 decades of failure, my biggest concern with hiring Mario is that it would take him too long to really win here, whereas Lane would come in and win right away. We'll never know for sure, but I am fully confident that Lane would've won 8-10 games last year and this year would've had 10 games minimum. Point is, we didn't have time for a long rebuild because of all of the screwups and failure of the last 2 decades, but they moved forward with Mario. Oh well...

Jimmy Fallon Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Appreciate your passion. But you’re dead wrong. Miami will not be great again. Its destiny is as a second class program in a second class conference. And Mario, one of the dumbest coaches in America, will be leading it for the foreseeable future. Become a basketball fan and enjoy Coach L while we have him.

News flash. Nothing changed. No that wasn’t a disturbance in the force you felt. We lost TVD sucks. Mario has a hard decision to make.

But No matter how many Dear CIS, letters yall write, longing for Mario to “prove me wrong” because “I don’t want to be right about him”, will bring your wet dream Lane Kiffin here. (Who is all of a sudden the Goat of coaches apparently.)

The only real difference in this team and the previous teams we've put on the field is the Oline. Other than that this could be a Radio team, a Golden team, a Manny team. With 6 wins which could have easily only been 4 but for 2 OT games, we'd be on the same pace as any of those other garbage teams. We're cooked. Mario is what he is .500 coach and that's what we're going to be.

Last edited:
Oregon is going to be much better with Lanning. Mario is an o-line coach and recruiting coordinator, not a high caliber head coach.

Advertisement
Always found it weird that we never hired an innovative OC as HC. It's always been the same types of coaches rinse and repeat. Coaches who are trying to bring back the U from the 1980s instead of building their own brand of football on where it's heading. Lane should of been the hire in 2018 and we had a chance in 2021 and we passed again.

Always found it weird that we never hired an innovative OC as HC. It's always been the same types of coaches rinse and repeat. Coaches who are trying to bring back the U from the 1980s instead of building their own brand of football on where it's heading. Lane should of been the hire in 2018 and we had a chance in 2021 and we passed again.
Considering everything, Mario might be the worst coach we have ever had. All the buffoon decisions - week after week. He had everything he asked for. Something that his predecessors did not.

How can anyone defend him being a good hire, let alone someone who can lead Miami back to prominence.

Oh well, he is here for years.

However... Mario...

I feel the same way. Made the wrong hire.

Unfortunately, this one might be the nail in the coffin for the program.

Advertisement
Back