So Texas turns the AC off in opponents locker room...

Advertisement
Air-Conditioned half-time? Man up, pussies.
It's brutal out here at times. Never got heat exhaustion growing up in South Florida, and never experienced it until I moved to Austin. It's a totally different sort of heat versus Miami or even Houston. It's happened three times since I moved out here, and the last time was the first UT game I went to. 108 degrees that day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's brutal out here at times. Never got heat exhaustion growing up in South Florida, and never experienced it until I moved to Austin. It's a totally different sort of heat versus Miami or even Houston. It's happened three times since I moved out here, and the last time was the first UT game I went to. 108 degrees that day.
How’s the humidity though?

I like Hermann. He’ll get it going there eventually. Just needs a legit QB and a couple DL.

How’s the humidity though?
I’m from Florida and live in Dallas now. No comparison, there is no humidity, I was in South Florida recently and that warm salty air was wet and moisturized my skin. Texas is literally like being in an oven. Even when I fish I wear UV gear, I can fish in Florida all day, in Texas it’s 2-3 hours max before heat stroking out.

Advertisement
So y’all don’t remember Lebron and the heat cramping up in Texas in the finals? They turned the AC in an arena that has FEMA credentials. In other words, there’s back up systems that don’t fail. It’s the only way you can turn muscle into weakness... cramps.

Advertisement

I've lived in San Antonio and Dallas and can co-sign this.

I’m from Florida and live in Dallas now. No comparison, there is no humidity, I was in South Florida recently and that warm salty air was wet and moisturized my skin. Texas is literally like being in an oven. Even when I fish I wear UV gear, I can fish in Florida all day, in Texas it’s 2-3 hours max before heat stroking out.
Agree. Couple good friends of mine live in Phoenix area and always push that BS that AZ is so much more tolerable than FL because its "dry heat". You know what else is dry heat? When you stick your head in your oven. Fvck that weather, man, its miserable. The fact you never see anyone walking around or jogging or playing sports outside in AZ tells you all you need to know. They can have their dry heat, I'll stick with the tropics.

Last edited:
We used to always play world cup soccer qualifiers against Mexico in LA, and 95% of the crowd was Mexican. Then we got smart and scheduled a February qualifier in Columbus Ohio and it was about 25 degrees. They hated it, but one of their players commented "it's about time they figured this out"

You use any advantage you have.

Advertisement
Back