So I guess we need to root for Va Tech Thursday?

Eyedoctor2

Redshirt Freshman
As much as I hate to, I think it is the only scenario that gives us any hope of an eventual four way tie for Coastal.

LOVE the new board by the way. Kudos to all involved.

Advertisement
This whole "how do we back into the ACCCG" thing that pops up every year is just silly. We blew it when we lost to VaTech, then blew it again when we lost to UVA. If we win out, then whatever happens, happens, but 8-4 in the ACCCG isn't likely, and really shouldn't be.

im done thinkin about. once we lose a couple conference games your pretty much out of it, that counting on other teams to lose **** never works for us. See our ACCCG appearances.

Advertisement
im done thinkin about. once we lose a couple conference games your pretty much out of it, that counting on other teams to lose **** never works for us. See our ACCCG appearances.

exxxxxxxactly. Every year we do this, and we lose another game and render it moot anyway.

**** if Bama, Stanford, LSU, Oregon, OU, Okie St, Boise, etc lose 4-5 times we are right in it for the national title

LOL we have 3 ACC losses, and VTech has 1 (plus the tie-breaker).

Forget about the ACCCG.

Head to head wouldnt necessarily matter if its more than a two-way tie. In a 3 way tie for example, if each team is 1-1 against the other two, other factors would determine the winner (ACC Coastal record, ACC overall record, etc). In fact, I cant recall if head to head is even taken into account in a 3 way tie.

But yes, I agree, the chances of VT losing two more ACC games, plus another team ending up 5-3 are very small. We just have to play for pride, a better bowl, and prepare for next year.

Advertisement
Virginia and Virgina Tech both control their own destiny.

Georgia Tech wins the Coastal with a win Thursday, beating Duke the following week, and one Virginia loss.

Just for the incorrigibly hopeful fans out there. The following scenario produces a four way tie in the Coastal:

1) VT beats Georgia Tech
2) We beat FSU and BC
3) FSU beats Virginia
4) NC and Virginia beat Virginia Tech.

It all begins Thursday.

If we can't get there, I hope Virginia wins out as I think their coach is a pretty stand up guy.

Advertisement
Just for the incorrigibly hopeful fans out there. The following scenario produces a four way tie in the Coastal:

1) VT beats Georgia Tech
2) We beat FSU and BC
3) FSU beats Virginia
4) NC and Virginia beat Virginia Tech.

It all begins Thursday.

If we can't get there, I hope Virginia wins out as I think their coach is a pretty stand up guy.

What's funny is that any of those outcomes individually is very possible. None of those outcomes would shock me on a case by case basis. But having all six of those outcomes happen in our favor is very remote.

No. If vt wins Thursday we are done. They would hold every tie breaker with us and gt. a win by vt and we are mathematically eliminated. Period.

Advertisement
No. If vt wins Thursday we are done. They would hold every tie breaker with us and gt. a win by vt and we are mathematically eliminated. Period.

Well just for $hits and giggles..it would be a 4 way tie right? So you would have to throw Virginia in the mix, but I dont know what the tie breaker is on that

Advertisement
Back