So how do you guys thing we should play this

Santana Sosa

Freshman
All things equal, if we take care of business the rest of the season, we punch our ticket to Charlotte Right?

So do we root for Clemson to win out? Keep in mind, as of right now...they are in the CFP. If they lose before the ACCCG, they are out.But if they beat us in the ACCCG, they take the ACC's spot in the Orange bowl. So basically, we put all our eggs in the basket and win em all, or as fans...hedge our bets with Clemson til ACCCG. someone from the conference HAS to get in CFP.

Advertisement
If we win out, it doesn't matter.

We beat VT. We beat a top 5 team in ND. At that point, it doesn't matter who is in the ACC Championship with us.

If we win the ACC championship, and are undefeated, there is no way in **** we are not in the CFP.

Pollers can complain about style points until the cows come home. But if we're undefeated at the end of the season, we have a resume in terms of teams that we have beat that can rival any SOS in the nation.

It legitimately doesn't matter.

I'm all for speculating, and unlike some I would never suggest we not discuss it - but the various and countless permutations don't really matter.

We have total control here. There is absolutely no way whatsoever we remain undefeated - beating the likes of VT, ND, and Clemson in the process - and not be a shoo-in for the playoffs. That simple.

There are seven teams that look to be legitimate playoff contenders:
- Georgia
- Alabama
- Notre Dame
- Clemson
- Oklahoma
- Wisconsin
- Miami
with maybe TCU, Washington, and Auburn having slim outside chances for consideration.

We play two of them. Beat them and now there's five.

Of the four undefeated teams on that list, two will play each other (Georgia and Alabama). If one of those gets humiliated, no way will they end up top 4.

That leaves us and Wisconsin. Wisconsin's schedule has been an absolute joke. Come the end of the season, if they remain undefeated, their toughest opponent would have been a 2-loss Ohio State or 2-loss Penn State (well, 3-losses after that game).

So if we take care of business, we will be one of - at most - three undefeated teams with legitimate pedigree. And we will have, at worst, the second toughest strength of schedule amongst those teams. That's a playoff resume. Period.

Advertisement
If we win out, it doesn't matter.

We beat VT. We beat a top 5 team in ND. At that point, it doesn't matter who is in the ACC Championship with us.

If we win the ACC championship, and are undefeated, there is no way in **** we are not in the CFP.

Pollers can complain about style points until the cows come home. But if we're undefeated at the end of the season, we have a resume in terms of teams that we have beat that can rival any SOS in the nation.

I'm not concerned about the playoffs. I'm concerned about any potential lost. Are we going all out for playoffs, or do we hope if we do lose Clemson loses as well so we get the Orange Bowl birth instead of the Outback bowl. Again hedging the bet. I'm all for winning out, and taking it one game at a time...but still view the entire landscape.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back