So how about that IPF

#26-MEAST

Junior
I have a feeling this off-season is going to be like watching paint dry. The board will be littered with complaining and trolls. Might as well begin a thread to see the progress our facility is making.

Advertisement
I have a feeling this off-season is going to be like watching paint dry. The board will be littered with complaining and trolls. Might as well begin a thread to see the progress our facility is making.

The off season is going to be about curbed expectations ... at least no NC talk, if you are reasonable

The off season is going to be about curbed expectations ... at least no NC talk, if you are reasonable

Curbed expectations? For what? Our team was playing 15-18 scholarship players under the limit with lack of depth at critical areas and was still in a play in game vs Clemson for the playoffs

Definitely need to change some things on offense. Too inefficient in the red zone and on 3rd down which is terrible for an offense. Bring in an oc or something. That’s not the only problem that we have but it’s a pretty big one

Advertisement
I can't wait for spring ball, and I hope to hear that Perry or the other kid is tearing it up.

Curbed expectations? For what? Our team was playing 15-18 scholarship players under the limit with lack of depth at critical areas and was still in a play in game vs Clemson for the playoffs

This can’t be said enough. Add a real running game to the mix and even with rosier you might have seen some different results. We need to be better in the red zone and running the hall in general. With two new horses and hopefully and improved o line i think things are going to be much improved.

We played Clemson and Clemson played 'Bama... you saw the games ...
ACC championship ... maybe... NC, I don't think so....
nothing to do with players ... our staff versus the elite 4, we have high school coaches in comparison
and ST play ... we don't even know what that is

The structure is being erected quickly. Pretty impressive sight.

Advertisement
I can't wait for spring ball, and I hope to hear that Perry or the other kid is tearing it up.

Both of them are superior talents. Williams coming in early is HUGE. He will get a real chance to win the job, and at the very least push everyone around him.

What concerns me is the staff going the "safe" route with Rosier. I think they need to get away from going with the player they "trust", and go with the player that can make plays. Get that player in there and let him take some lumps. It'll be better than watching every D we face have no fear of our QB. The future is now. We have all off season to groom the next QB, or two. There is NO need to settle on a QB that can't run the whole playbook.

Definitely need to change some things on offense. Too inefficient in the red zone and on 3rd down which is terrible for an offense. Bring in an oc or something. That’s not the only problem that we have but it’s a pretty big one

Will Realus George be the answer to those short yardage, goal line problems?

No way they go the safe route when they already announced a qb battle before the season ended. I think we’ll have another starter unless all of the contenders are crap.

Only if we get a couple more steam rollers on the line in front of him. He'll help, but he isn't the entire answer.

Advertisement
No way they go the safe route when they already announced a qb battle before the season ended. I think we’ll have another starter unless all of the contenders are crap.

I tend to agree with you. The staff has to know what the rest of us do.

George, Reed, Scafe, Lingawd, Irvin, Jordan, Polendey are more likely the answer. That is a MASSIVE difference of power/strength over

no FB, Darling, McDermott, Homer, Irvin, a WR cause we didn't have a 2nd TE.

George, Reed, Scafe, Lingawd, Irvin, Jordan, Polendey are more likely the answer. That is a MASSIVE difference of power/strength over

Throw in Mallory. The threat of him getting out one on one on a LB will cause DCs nightmares.

Advertisement

Throw in Mallory. The threat of him getting out one on one on a LB will cause DCs nightmares.

I was only focused on short yardage/goal line running. If we want to talk offense, I think Richards, Hightower, Cager with a QB that is good with his placement (back shoulder or over the shoulder) based on CB coverage. Along with slants/rubs...

Both of them are superior talents. Williams coming in early is HUGE. He will get a real chance to win the job, and at the very least push everyone around him.

What concerns me is the staff going the "safe" route with Rosier. I think they need to get away from going with the player they "trust", and go with the player that can make plays. Get that player in there and let him take some lumps. It'll be better than watching every D we face have no fear of our QB. The future is now. We have all off season to groom the next QB, or two. There is NO need to settle on a QB that can't run the whole playbook.
Rick is salivating at the chance to replace Rosier. He had no viable option this year, as Shirreffs was worse and Perry wasn’t prepared enough to even beat out Shirreffs. Rosier’s starting days, barring a major flop from Perry and/or Williams, are over.

No. But The Ambassador II will be along with hopefully some new run game concepts.

Advertisement
Back