So...Franklin should have gotten more snaps all year...But why burn his redshirt against Duke?

skeeter

Junior
Premium
I'm not in the "redshirt everyone" crowd...CFB isn't the same as it was 10 years ago. I'd LIKE to see O-line and kids that def need weight redshirt, kids that you take on measurable but are really raw as players...Sure. But for the most part I'm all for playing freshmen

That being said. Why was Franklin's redshirt burned against Duke. I mean the kid looks better than Brown to me...And I was calling for some Franklin snaps midseason. But he was sitting on 4 games heading into Duke...The worst ACC team I've seen in 4-5 years (Worse than '20 Case) At that point there was no need to use him! I do hope he had a choice in the matter pre-game, and I would like to think he did.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Redshirts are irrelevant, the transfer portal has rendered them ineffective.

Play your guys or they leave, it’s really that simple.
This. The days of redshirt seniors or waiting 2 to 3 years to get playing time is over. The NFL will find you no matter where you play so there's not as much of an urgency to sit and wait at a big school.

Advertisement
I'm not in the "redshirt everyone" crowd...CFB isn't the same as it was 10 years ago. I'd LIKE to see O-line and kids that def need weight redshirt, kids that you take on measurable but are really raw as players...Sure. But for the most part I'm all for playing freshmen

That being said. Why was Franklin's redshirt burned against Duke. I mean the kid looks better than Brown to me...And I was calling for some Franklin snaps midseason. But he was sitting on 4 games heading into Duke...The worst ACC team I've seen in 4-5 years (Worse than '20 Case) At that point there was no need to use him! I do hope he had a choice in the matter pre-game, and I would like to think he did.
Oh man. Everyone cries about playing the younger guys and now we're crying about not saving redshirts? CIS gonna CIS

He came into camp out of shape

Y’all like to complain about anything man lol. Don’t play em enough they transfer. If they’re any good they’re gone in 3 years. Redshirts are nearly irrelevant at this point

Advertisement
It would suck to run a business that requires you to keep your labor happy lest they leave for better benefits

Advertisement
I blame the long walk to the stadium. Totally threw Mandy off his game plan.

Advertisement
Back