So…watching Alabama - Georgia..

I think OSU defense and lack of anything consistent outside of Smith on offense has them as a second tier with Texas and the rest.

I have it right now as UGA ND Bama and Miami. These porsters in here acting like we arent to the caliber of Bama and UGA because they looked formidable playing one another are just some mopes. FSU went toe to toe with Alabama until their D let them down. Bama and UGA could very well be more Louisville than Miami. ND same story who is to say they arent a slightly more talented Wake team. Wake also beat Stanford 50 to whatever.

We need to get healthy and handle business but I really don't see a team out there that is as complete as we are when healthy.

Bama sus Defense and fresh QB who can be boom or bust

ND lacks explosive offense, how good is the defense against legit comp?

UGA good defense strong running game can Stockton out play Mensah. Think QB battle decides our match up all things being equal.

OSU young susceptible defense. Sayin panics under pressure and Maryland gave them plenty of work yesterday. Smith is an equalizer but they are an 8-4 team without him.

Miami injuries have reduced the quality of play at IOL and Secondary and despite that we are playing nearly flawless football against reasonable comp. If that continues and we go into South Bend and hang 30 and win by 10 then we are the best team in the country and maybe UGA can knock us off if we dont play up to our standard against them.
Your take is about as accurate as anything I've seen. With all that said, the playoffs are going to be a war. Lots of high level teams this year and it will come down to who is the healthiest and peaking at that time of the season. The match ups will also be important, but there should be high level competition in most of the match ups.
 
It all comes down to health in the playoffs. But if everything being a buck, Miami stands above the others and even Nick Saban admits that.

That said, Alabama looks like they could be monsters next year. That Russell kid is going to be really good next year.
 
lol Bama and UGA more Louisville than Miami is a wild *** statement.
Is it though?

Louisville took Ole Miss to the brink. Louisville played FSU similarly if not better than Bama. Bama of course went toe to toe with UGA who had not really played anyone particlularly good besides looking good against the Oklahoma defense.

We went into Wakes house and smoked them for 2.5 quarters on both sides of the ball and then they bowed up a bit but with a bunch of guys down we put it in cruise control and salted away the game comfortably against a team that went into Louisville and got a W. Im not saying Bama and UGA are Louisville but its not unreasonable to believe that the difference between us and them is smaller than them and Louisville.
 
Miami has more talent than UGA and Bama and you can argue more talent than those two teams combined.

But it’s the offensive line for us. As of right now, we won’t be able to run the ball nor protect Mensah well enough.
Yeah, even Oklahomas front would give Miami a handful. That's the part that UGA has an advantage. Hopefully stuff gels
 
Each team allowed over 5 yards per carry to teams who weren't particularly great at throwing the ball. I dont find either scary. Will have to watch them more. But when they were in their pump, no one could run on them including other great teams. Even if u got yards, it took alot of carries.
 
FWIW if UGA and Bama happen to play in the SEC CG again, I don’t expect the game to be as close. Georgia will probably win the rematch more comfortably, similar to last years SEC CG.
Interesting. If they rematch I'd expect Russell to play much better, and someone on the Bama staff to realize they should have handed the ball off to #17 much more than they did. Bama's two freshmen RBs are much better than #4.

Doubt Bama would get better at stopping UGA though. Assume their top two RBs return and UGA doesn't have an average starting field position at the own 15 yard line.
 
I feel like Miami can beat either Bama or Georgia, but they also could beat us. Georgia would probably be the tougher match up, I think our QB is better than both, both probably have a little bit better Oline than ours, our run defense is better than Bama's though.
 
Stockton is just not a good QB in my opinion. At least he is not Championship caliber.

All it takes is a team that is physical up front to focus on the run and make him win the game. I don’t think he can against most top tier defenses.
he stinks
 
Stockton is just not a good QB in my opinion. At least he is not Championship caliber.

All it takes is a team that is physical up front to focus on the run and make him win the game. I don’t think he can against most top tier defenses.

He’s competent.
 
This is where I am. Russell is more of a sure thing than Bama’s run D. If we were fully healthy in the secondary I would rather play Bama because of the run defense. I think we hang and beat both. OSU and UGA are the two I would least like to play.
Which side of the ball is more feared with both team the offensive side of the defensive side.
 
Back
Top