So…watching Alabama - Georgia..

1. Georgia is Georgia like they always are (minus the Monken years when they were actually good enough on offense) with a good (okay hes better than just good. Very good) but not great qb, strong defense but susceptible in their secondary, physical, good lines, boring and effective

* I think we’re a little more talented and if healthy it would be us 28-21. If we played them 10 times we’d win 6-7 times out of ten.

2. Alabama
a. Is very young but much improved this year. This feels truly like post Saban/Deboers true first team. I think they are underrated in their talent evaluation but has been mentioned here and many times before still too inconsistent. I think they’re as of now a top 7-8 team.
b. Grubb gets too cute with his play calls. Offense has a lot of weapons and they should have put up closer to 30 yesterday.
c. Their Olive/Dlines are much more physical this year. Running backs are better but the Oline is definitely improved.
d. Russell will be a star next year.
e. Dijon Lee sucks. They should play more zone with those tall dbs who can’t turn their hips fast enough.
f. Front 7 is very good but not great.

* if they come to play and Grubb doesn’t get cute with the diversity of their weapons on offense it would be closer actually: 38-35 for us.
 
Most physical game of the weekend

UGA has had injuries hit their RB depth, but they persevered. Players stepped up. Good TE play…lacking at WR

Keelon Russel is a gamer who is maturing every week.

How the he’ll did FSU put 36 points on Alabama?

Please have our players watch the Dijon Lee penalty….dont let immaturity get in the way of the team and a W
 
We beat Bama by a couple TDs at least. Our trenches are way better.


UGA would give us a better fight but they only seem to get good pressure if they blitz.
Mensah would beat their blitz and find the open man eventually. We win in a close one.


But ask me in a month. Things can change drastically in this sport.
 
Georgia will be a hard out. However, our secret weapon is S&C. We always bully teams late in the 4th quarter. We won the 4th against Indiana, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Clemson, Ole Miss, and Elko Error.

Don't care how big and bad you think you are, we comin for you.
tiny lister friday movie GIF
 
Texas has a good DL but Arch is one of the most overrated QBs I’ve ever seen (great athlete & runner but really struggles passing the ball with any consistency). They just lost to OK (which has been awful on Offense most of this year). UGA concerns me more than Texas (although we could beat UGA if we’re reasonably healthy & our OL continues to improve). Go Canes!

I agree about Arch. Texas in my opinion has a better OL and skill players other than QB than both Bama and Georgia. I also think Texas’ front seven is better than Georgia’s and much better than Bama’s.
 
The Top 7 teams can all beat each other.

Georgia and Alabama have gotten back to running the ball after falling off for a couple years. I wish we had that many blocking TEs.

I will say that Georgia is short on skill-position talent.
Biggest difference our linebacker and Nickle need to tackle. I don't see a huge edge. Fletcher could run on them, Mensah will be able to pass on any of them. Georgia doesn't have great skill position player.
 
Stockton has become an *outstanding* college QB.

As far as the subject of the OP, I think the best teams in the country are Notre Dame, Georgia and Miami. All 3 are pretty close.
Gunner is not outstanding. He is better version of himself. But he is ok
 
Back
Top