Miami: #26th---7 TFL's pg

Interceptions: #61st---6 Int's
Miami: #17th---9 Int's

Rushing Yards Allowed: #27th---127.8 ypg
Miami: #69th---165.6 ypg

Passing Yards Allowed: #2---149
ypg
Miami: #1---141.4 ypg

Strength of Schedule: through 5 games they've played no Top 30 teams & we've played 1 top 30 team.

Winston: 159 plays
Morris: 100 plays

Morris has played significantly less than Winston because frankly Golden has got Williams & Crow game time experience rather than running scores up. Golden has said Morris could've went back in against USF & was pulled for backups against FAU. He was also out 3/4 of SavSt because of injury.

Synopsis: this team can play with anyone & we will get a real look next week at what the FSU offense looks like against a legit pass rush in Clemson. If Clemson has an effective pass rush we will also. Neither FSU's OL or DL have performed as well as ours has to this point & against a weaker schedule.

Advertisement
FSU:

Total Offense: #4---549 ypg
Miami: #21st---486 ypg

Scoring Offense: #3---53.3 ppg
Miami: #9---44.2 ppg

Sacks Allowed: #62---1.8 sacks pg
Miami: #12th---.8 sacks pg

TFL's Allowed: #46---5.2 per game
Miami: #20th---4.2 Allowed pg

3rd Down %: #12---51%
Miami: #75th---38.9%

Rushing Offense: #17th---228.2 ypg
Miami: #28th---213.8 ypg

Passing Offense: #18th-320.8 ypg
Miami: #27th---274.8 ypg

Total Defense: #7th---276.8 ypg
Miami: #12th---307 ypg

3rd Down # Allowed: #16---29.4%
Miami: #9th---27.3%

Scoring Defense: #3---12 ppg
Miami: #9th---16 ppg

Red Zone Defense: #31st---75%
Miami: #13th---69.2%

Sacks: #57th---2 sacks pg
Miami: #6th---3.6 sacks pg

TFL's: #41st---6.6 TFL's pg
Miami: #26th---7 TFL's pg

Interceptions: #61st---6 Int's
Miami: #17th---9 Int's

Rushing Yards Allowed: #27th---127.8 ypg
Miami: #69th---165.6 ypg

Passing Yards Allowed: #2---149
ypg
Miami: #1---141.4 ypg

Strength of Schedule: through 5 games they've played no Top 30 teams & we've played 1 top 30 team.

Winston: 159 plays
Morris: 100 plays

Morris has played significantly less than Winston because frankly Golden has got Williams & Crow game time experience rather than running scores up. Golden has said Morris could've went back in against USF & was pulled for backups against FAU. He was also out 3/4 of SavSt because of injury.

Synopsis: this team can play with anyone & we will get a real look next week at what the FSU offense looks like against a legit pass rush in Clemson. If Clemson has an effective pass rush we will also. Neither FSU's OL or DL have performed as well as ours has to this point & against a weaker schedule.

They played Maryland which was a top 25 team at that time.

Really? UF was a top 15 team & GaTech was a top 30 team too... It's in comparison to the standings as of right now so no they haven't. Maryland is a disgrace smh.

the numbers will not matter when we line up and go head to head...it is gonna be a battle...

rankings are out the door...

For now its just one game at a time...and the next opponent is Carolina...so lets get that win

I really believe that this Canes team can play with ANYONE in the nation. including the Crimp$on tide, L$U, etc.

these guys just have to bring it every week and avoid key injuries. having said that F$U does worry me. thinking that one could be an instant classic. back and forth. turnover will be the difference

Advertisement
i think fsu just has alot of hype this year and i agree i think this team could play with bama and oregon

The one stat that concerns me is our 3rd down % is a little low. Need to improve on that most. I think as the offense gels though, it will improve.

Just unbelievable how much Golden has transformed this team from year 2 to 3.

#6 in sacks stood out to me most.
And that's having played GT too.

Great Canes teams of the past all had 1 thing in common... dominant defensive lines that got pressure on the QB.

Advertisement
The one stat that concerns me is our 3rd down % is a little low. Need to improve on that most. I think as the offense gels though, it will improve.

I agree it should be better, however, our offense would be better judged with conversions on 1st and 2nd. I we rank 122nd in 3rd down attempts.

We are 2 recruiting classes behind FSU IMHO. Golden scrambled to get a class together his first year and struck out on too many of long shots he was forced to pull in. Last years class was a small haul.

We are 2 recruiting classes behind FSU IMHO. Golden scrambled to get a class together his first year and struck out on too many of long shots he was forced to pull in. Last years class was a small haul.

hahaha you sound ridiculous

Advertisement
I really believe that this Canes team can play with ANYONE in the nation. including the Crimp$on tide, L$U, etc.

these guys just have to bring it every week and avoid key injuries. having said that F$U does worry me. thinking that one could be an instant classic. back and forth. turnover will be the difference
I like your optimism but our team isn't physically or mentally ready for an LSU/Bama matchup, well at least not for us to win. I honestly can't see us beating a top 5 team except OSU, Clemson, and maybe FSU.
Bama- Their physicality and defense will probably do us in. They have one of the most established coaches in CFB who just wins.
Oregon- Oregon's defense has actually outplayed Bama's so far. Their offense speaks for itself.
Clemson- Will be a shootout but I feel confident that our defense would be able to make a stop.
OSU- Overrated team imo. We could win this one.
FSU- I somewhat think they are for real. Defense has been playing lights out and Winston is a force on his own.

I dont think we could beat Oregon, but we have a punchers chance against Bama. Dont get me wrong, all they do is win, but their team reminds me of us in 2002, they just dont look as dominant as they have the past two years.

Everyone else in the top ten, we go toe to toe with and a couple are just overrated. The next 4 games will define us and let us know where we stand.

Valid point, but Wide Right has always out recruited us on paper. Golden has turned over a bunch a players, but seems to have ended up with a team buit to take on anyone. I think we take down Wide Right in one of our classics Tally dream busters. If they beat Clemson, they will be make a rap tape about their NC team, if they lose to Clemson they will be demoralized. Either way they are ripe for the taking. Don't get me wrong, they are a great FSU team, but Al has built a real old school Hurricane team and will be packing it for the road trip. We all know what happens when a great Nole team meet an old Cane team in a game that matters.

Advertisement

I like your optimism but our team isn't physically or mentally ready for an LSU/Bama matchup, well at least not for us to win. I honestly can't see us beating a top 5 team except OSU, Clemson, and maybe FSU.
Bama- Their physicality and defense will probably do us in. They have one of the most established coaches in CFB who just wins.
Oregon- Oregon's defense has actually outplayed Bama's so far. Their offense speaks for itself.
Clemson- Will be a shootout but I feel confident that our defense would be able to make a stop.
OSU- Overrated team imo. We could win this one.
FSU- I somewhat think they are for real. Defense has been playing lights out and Winston is a force on his own.

hahaha i like ur optimism -_-

"our team isnt physically or mentaly ready for an LSU/Bama matchup." gtfoh

Is this even a serious post? Miami is more physical of a team then LSU this year and we are at the minimum just as physical as a Bama team.

And you talking about this team not being "mentallY" ready? are you retarded on top of being a ***?

Miami could beat any team in the top 10 *****..... if you wasnt so ****n blind you could see that by now.

Advertisement
Back