Smith details UM commitment and TNM

Agreed, kids isn’t the fastest but get a 💯 for effort and finishing blocks. I’ll take another 4 like him to round out the recruiting class. Plus we can add weight on him versus having to trim fat. That always works out better.

Advertisement
Kid's not that tall or big, seems to have good feet, keeps his feet moving and stays on his man, driving him deep into the next level. My impression is you want quick and athletic centers. I don't follow pro football anymore but back in the day Dwight Stephenson was quick and explosive. He could get out to a LB quickly and get onto a bigger DL very fast and get the advantage on him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
John Garcia who is a big 247 analyst that is involved in the ranking saw Smith live in the spring game and had this to say:

“There’s a lot to like with this interior projection, who worked at both left tackle and center at spring practice today. Good athlete with a strong base, yet a frame that can still be built upon. Patient blocker with some grit, too. Finished top 10 JR Bryce Langston during 1on1s in front of Coach Barry. Kid is also the leader of the whole team it seems. Very well spoken and positive. A lot of classic center vibes here.”

John Garcia who is a big 247 analyst that is involved in the ranking saw Smith live in the spring game and had this to say:

“There’s a lot to like with this interior projection, who worked at both left tackle and center at spring practice today. Good athlete with a strong base, yet a frame that can still be built upon. Patient blocker with some grit, too. Finished top 10 JR Bryce Langston during 1on1s in front of Coach Barry. Kid is also the leader of the whole team it seems. Very well spoken and positive. A lot of classic center vibes here.”
Oh lordy.

This kid will anchor our offensive line. I know he was a bit of an unknown when we offered him but he's really grown on me and I'm super excited for him. Also, he's been actively recruiting for us on social media as well.

Advertisement
Back