Smh randy Shannon

brock

All-American
I like randy How did he f_ck this one up so bad man smh.
From marquise Williams unc qb

“Big up front. Very fast. Those Florida boys are always fast,” he said. “Growing up, I was a Hurricane myself.”

On Saturday, Williams, a senior, will play his last game at UNC’s Kenan Memorial Stadium against the team he once referred to as “my Canes.”
He said those words in a recruiting interview as a high school sophomore in 2009, when he had high hopes of becoming the next Hurricanes quarterback. “I’ve loved them my whole life,” he told Rivals.com, adding that he and his family attended four of Miami’s road games that season. “Most of my family went there and graduated from there.
“I love the Canes so much.”

The feeling wasn’t mutual.
As a senior at Charlotte’s Mallard Creek High, Williams earned SuperPrep, Tom Lemming and Parade All-America honors. Rivals ranked him the No. 9 dual-threat quarterback in the nation. His coaches stumped for him, but coach Randy Shannon never extended an offer. The Hurricanes, who signed Stephen Morris in 2010, did not sign a quarterback in Williams’ class.

Advertisement
We had Bridgewater committed at that time. Who would you have gone after: Bridgewater or Williams?

Advertisement
Samething with jacory. He had jacory so he didn't want geno. Didn't offer gio and butch swooped in and got him too. **** randy was turrible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This just shows that Randy wasn't a dynamic recruiter. Coaches like Urban would have signed both Bridgewater and Williams. Coker recruited the same way promising QBs they're only signing 1 QB. Big reason we have sucked the last 10 years.

We had Bridgewater committed at that time. Who would you have gone after: Bridgewater or Williams?

I forgot about article six, section four that says you can't recruit, and/or sign two qbs

Page 195, Pillar 3.

tom-cruise-laughing-hysterically_48.gif

Advertisement

I think Randy told Teddy he was going to be the only QB offered.

Impossible because Morris committed months before Teddy...

Yeap, 12 months before. Different classes I think. Morris 2010, Teddy 2011. Morris started here with Randy.

Other than for 2002, when we had Marc and Brock commit (despite being in different classes), have we ever had 2 highly rated QBs commit to the same class at UM?

I like randy How did he f_ck this one up so bad man smh.
From marquise Williams unc qb

“Big up front. Very fast. Those Florida boys are always fast,” he said. “Growing up, I was a Hurricane myself.”

On Saturday, Williams, a senior, will play his last game at UNC’s Kenan Memorial Stadium against the team he once referred to as “my Canes.”
He said those words in a recruiting interview as a high school sophomore in 2009, when he had high hopes of becoming the next Hurricanes quarterback. “I’ve loved them my whole life,” he told Rivals.com, adding that he and his family attended four of Miami’s road games that season. “Most of my family went there and graduated from there.
“I love the Canes so much.”

The feeling wasn’t mutual.
As a senior at Charlotte’s Mallard Creek High, Williams earned SuperPrep, Tom Lemming and Parade All-America honors. Rivals ranked him the No. 9 dual-threat quarterback in the nation. His coaches stumped for him, but coach Randy Shannon never extended an offer. The Hurricanes, who signed Stephen Morris in 2010, did not sign a quarterback in Williams’ class.

Stupid Thread!

Advertisement
Back