SM Cannot Win You The Big Game (May I Direct Your Attention)

Ill just leave this here. (Zone)
Some Highlights: April
Morris showing signs of some touch on his passes has me really excited. Dortch didnt look bad either. He did the best he could against our great WR's, Morris being on point with passes, and trying to get Duke in the open field. Defense still looked blah to me. DP will be a monster if he is healthy. I really liked how much we used our TE's.

Oh I know which throws you are talking about. But those are two throws in a spring game. Throws that 70% of d-1 starters should be able to make twice. This is the same quarterback that couldn't make a progression after his first read to save his life 6 months ago. A guy who who overthrows wide open receivers for 20+ yd gains while he can't dump off and make a 5 yard throw to save his life. Let me know who he can read more than 1/4 of a football field before you start throwing arods name in the same paragraph as SM
Nothing false about overthrowing your wide open wr 80% of the time too. Something that happens more often than an "Aaron Rodgers type throw"

Lulz
If I was on anything but a ****ty iPad I'd be going off on you kids

I'm grateful you're on an iPad then. There are already enough people on this board with much bigger mouths than brains

I think you all are going to be surprised how high Morris ends up getting drafted. 6"2 QB's with above average speed and rocket launchers on their shoulders dont grow on trees.

The last qb that was 6'2" with above average speed and a rocket launcher on their shoulder that I remember in the draft was....,Aaron Rodgers.

*Poor awareness
*No touch
*No anticipation
*No quality attributes while rolling out
*Cant read a defense
*Doesnt have a signature win
*Sat behind Jacory Harris
*Below avg completion percentage
*Terrible on 3rd down passing situations
*Bad footwork
*Whats his record as a starter?

**** of a quarterback if he has 4 feet of open space to work with though...Neg away though, i know how much you all hate facts.

Advertisement
He is no better than Jacory - who would of been a better QB under Golden.

MORRIS COULD NOT START OVER HARRIS AT HIS WORST!

I have no problem with someone that got negged for his opinion coming back to make some people eat some crow.

:fistbump:

In defense all you could expect was progression with Morris

But what we have is regression Morris is awful

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jed was bombs away OC. Coley wants more run and play action. Morris is really good long ball, not so good other stuff. People complain all the time about any QB with "weak" arm, but that is what makes a QB focus on "other stuff" like screens, TE, RBs and such.

For better or worse we will live or die on our D and running game this year. That is the team Golden is building. He knew he didn't have it last year and went all bomb all the time. This year he trust his D a lot more and you saw that in the UF game. Morris has shown to be quite good on last minute drives. Not good for our hearts, but ask Mizzu about having a QB like that. This is not supposed to be a NC year for us, but we are still in the hunt and only one big game from having the lead dog in our sights as we make the last turn. Would you trade Morris for Johnnie Foot and his 2 L's? I want NC.s not another Heisman.

7-0 heading into showdown in Tally with Gameday on site because it is the most important game of the week and maybe the year. Possible NC coming out of Miami/FSU again. I think we are relevant again. Wide Right might have the better QB this year, but by God we have the best friggin coach. Praise to ALL those who were so bold as to dream this week would be what it is. Forget ducks and elephants, it is all about Indians and Hurricanes again, and that my friends is a very, very good thing.

Jed was bombs away OC. Coley wants more run and play action. Morris is really good long ball, not so good other stuff. People complain all the time about any QB with "weak" arm, but that is what makes a QB focus on "other stuff" like screens, TE, RBs and such.

For better or worse we will live or die on our D and running game this year. That is the team Golden is building. He knew he didn't have it last year and went all bomb all the time. This year he trust his D a lot more and you saw that in the UF game. Morris has shown to be quite good on last minute drives. Not good for our hearts, but ask Mizzu about having a QB like that. This is not supposed to be a NC year for us, but we are still in the hunt and only one big game from having the lead dog in our sights as we make the last turn. Would you trade Morris for Johnnie Foot and his 2 L's? I want NC.s not another Heisman.

7-0 heading into showdown in Tally with Gameday on site because it is the most important game of the week and maybe the year. Possible NC coming out of Miami/FSU again. I think we are relevant again. Wide Right might have the better QB this year, but by God we have the best friggin coach. Praise to ALL those who were so bold as to dream this week would be what it is. Forget ducks and elephants, it is all about Indians and Hurricanes again, and that my friends is a very, very good thing.

The only one with legit title implications out of our game is FSU. If some think we are good enough to win a title you are really kidding yourselves. Our team is about as overrated as Notre Dame last year IMO.

The only one with legit title implications out of our game is FSU. If some think we are good enough to win a title you are really kidding yourselves. Our team is about as overrated as Notre Dame last year IMO.

Says Miami doesn't have legit title shot. Compares us to Notre Dame of last year who played for the title.

Seems legit.

Is it just me or have we completely gone away from throwing to the middle of the field? All Morris can throw are deep balls or short out routs and roll out TE passes. This kid has lost millions based on his last 3 weeks of play. From a top 5 QB in the country to Jacory 2.0

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back