Sly Johnson interview

Advertisement
Started about 10 years ago coaching receivers in sofla. A list of who’s who from down here playing in the league.
Best quote imo “they want Wes Welker stats but DK Metclaf’s autograph”
Talks about what he teaches and how teams overlook dudes who don’t fit a certain prototype.
A lot more. Long interview.

Started about 10 years ago coaching receivers in sofla. A list of who’s who from down here playing in the league.
Best quote imo “they want Wes Welker stats but DK Metclaf’s autograph”
Talks about what he teaches and how teams overlook dudes who don’t fit a certain prototype.
A lot more. Long interview.

I usually find interviews with coaches and players boring. Too many cliches and stuff. But this was pretty good. Sounds like a smart dude and I can see why he has an impressive following.

Advertisement
Pretty much every receiver and defensive back in South Florida over the last 10 years has worked out with Sly at one point or another. He knows what he's doing and has connections everywhere. I forget where he played in HS (it wasn't STA), but he credits STA's George Smith with helping him land a scholarship to Miami (OH). Coach Smith's willingness to help Sly made an impact on Sly and he tries to help local players.

Advertisement
Back