Slow Times at Spartan Invitational

Advertisement
Henry Parrish 11.6???
Marcus Fleming 10.96???

Is it me or SoFla speed a bit overrated? I've notice a trend over the past few years. The recruits that we consider fast arent really that fast. I've seen 10.9+ kids get praised as speed demons on the field. When I was in HS in the early 2000s a 10.9 would get laughed at.
Fleming ran a 10.67 in an event just last weekend too

I was a 10.8 100m runner my senior year and I was the 4th or 5th fastest on my squad. My county my senior year in 2003 had about 10 guys running anywhere between 10.4 and 10.7. That's not including Nassau County or the city. In my eyes 10.9 is an average HS track speed but would never get you a peep from a college recruiter.
Looks like Drew's from Suffolk County, LI.

It’s you. South Florida (and Florida, specifically) has produced the fastest kids over the last almost decade. Faster than Texas, faster than California.

The same kids that run 10.96 in February might run 10.5x or even 10.4x in May at the State meet.

Most high school kids don’t know how to run a 100m so stop equating 100m with 40 yds.

where do I equate the 2?

Advertisement
I must have been faster than I thought in HS

you may have been though. But track and football speed are 2 different things...

There is a reason every college is down here recruiting...Its speed...and its here n boatloads...Best speed area of the country quite easily is south florida.

Advertisement
You claim you ran track and you dont know the difference a change in the wind can make?

I swear every one of your posts gets worse and worse

Wait, where did someone mention the wind? Was the facts about the wind even presented?

I was a 10.8 100m runner my senior year and I was the 4th or 5th fastest on my squad. My county my senior year in 2003 had about 10 guys running anywhere between 10.4 and 10.7. That's not including Nassau County or the city. In my eyes 10.9 is an average HS track speed but would never get you a peep from a college recruiter.

Please post that video of you running a 10.8.

Advertisement
Henry Parrish 11.6???
Marcus Fleming 10.96???

Is it me or SoFla speed a bit overrated? I've notice a trend over the past few years. The recruits that we consider fast arent really that fast. I've seen 10.9+ kids get praised as speed demons on the field. When I was in HS in the early 2000s a 10.9 would get laughed at.
If you look at the actual results they were running into a pretty decent headwind.

Start of track season is always slower times. Guys build up throughout the season. For someone claiming to have familiarity with track, you seem rather ignorant. A 10.9 would never get laughed at, especially at the beginning of the track season

My brothers and me ran a 10.9 when momma called us to supper and we were having pork chops - and we had to stop and wipe our feet before coming in.

Advertisement
You are complaining about 4 or 5 tenth of a second and maybe the kid had a bad take off you are tripping

Henry Parrish 11.6???
Marcus Fleming 10.96???

I care about football speed only...you should too

Advertisement
Back