Slightly OT: First Hurricanes and Dolphins game

But then you have an annoying drive to the rest of Miami. I'd stay further south and just venture up to the stadium on game day.

OP I would stay in the Gables.

Couple minute (traffic permitted) Uber to Brickell, Coconut Grove and Little Havana. Wynwood a short distance once you're in Brickell. Walking distance to bars in Coral Gables.

Normally I'd say avoid south beach but since you haven't been I think it's kinda one of those things you should just go see for a bit and head out.

If you plan to go to Ft Lauderdale that changes things.

For the beach in Miami I'd go to the Hilton Bentley Miami South Beach hotel. It's by Nikki Beach but it's Hilton's private beach. You can go as a non guest and rent loungers and they have a hut on the beach to order food and drinks. Far away from the **** crowded part.

While I'm not disagreeing with you, he said they were going to a UM game AND a Dolphins game AND wanted to be close to the stadium. Combine the two games and proximity to Lauderdale, and I think his best bet is to make one (annoying) drive down to Miami for a day.

But all the places you mentioned are great. Granted, Wynwood sucked when I went to UM, but I did enjoy the other areas.

Good lord, when I started at UM, South Beach sucked. We went out to the Grove (clubs/restaurants) and Key Biscayne (beaches). I remember when they opened (Ron) Woody's on South Beach, and they put in the sand volleyball courts. Maybe a few other things happened too, but that was the first thing that I remember that started to turn the tide for South Beach as a destination. That, and the section of the Beach where tops were "optional".

I also remember the last time they tore down an art deco hotel, I think it was a couple blocks north of the Scarface chainsaw-scene hotel.

Advertisement
While I'm not disagreeing with you, he said they were going to a UM game AND a Dolphins game AND wanted to be close to the stadium. Combine the two games and proximity to Lauderdale, and I think his best bet is to make one (annoying) drive down to Miami for a day.

But all the places you mentioned are great. Granted, Wynwood sucked when I went to UM, but I did enjoy the other areas.

Good lord, when I started at UM, South Beach sucked. We went out to the Grove (clubs/restaurants) and Key Biscayne (beaches). I remember when they opened (Ron) Woody's on South Beach, and they put in the sand volleyball courts. Maybe a few other things happened too, but that was the first thing that I remember that started to turn the tide for South Beach as a destination. That, and the section of the Beach where tops were "optional".

I also remember the last time they tore down an art deco hotel, I think it was a couple blocks north of the Scarface chainsaw-scene hotel.

I hear ya. I just think staying south compared to 'close' to the stadium is a better choice IMO. Much more to do especially considering it's a first time to Miami trip.

It all depends if you want the south Florida experience or the tourist experience.

Two things, we have booked a hotel in biscanye bay, the Marriott there. Is that a decent area??

secondly, is there any body on here looking to sell their tickets for that game? Would rather pay someone here rather then fork my money over to stub hub. Or if there is somewhere to look/talk with canes fans selling tickets.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back