Slaton Update

I wonder if Slaton is close with Brandon Johnson (Freshman WR at Tennessee and son of former UM catcher Charles Johnson), and that is the reason he lists Tennessee?
 
Last edited:
Link to Article from Nov 30th
https://www.landof10.com/michigan/beyond-the-game-qa-michigan-commit-kai-leon-herbert-discusses-soccer-more

Beyond The Game Q&A: Michigan commit Kai-Leon Herbert on his other athletic pursuits, his role model and more

Brandon Justice Michigan Recruiting Writer

It wasn’t always football for Michigan commit Kai-Leon Herbert.

He almost played two other sports, instead. But he kept with football, and now he’s on his way from Plantation, Fla. to Ann Arbor, Mich. to become a member of the Wolverines.

What sport did the 6-foot-5 offensive lineman almost play? Find out, plus a whole lot more, as we take you beyond the game with Herbert.

LandOf10: What was it like where you grew up?

Herbert: “It was nice in the beginning. I grew up in the Tamarac and Coral Springs area. I always had my cousins over, so they made the dull moments less dull. My area wasn’t all that bad. It was just a little rough at times, but we pulled through.”

LandOf10: What’s the difference between your city and Ann Arbor?

Herbert: “My town wasn’t all about football. The weather down here is a lot hotter, and just different from Ann Arbor. Ann Arbor is a place where you can go from all over and everyone treats you like family. The feeling you get there just makes you feel home.”

LandOf10: What’s your motto?

Herbert: “Nothing is guaranteed. You have to work for everything you want in life.”

LandOf10: Do you have any opinions on social issues going on in America right now?

Herbert: “(laughs) I just hope Donald Trump doesn’t mess up the U.S.”

LandOf10: Who are your top three favorite music artists?

Herbert: “Michael Jackson, R. Kelly and Alicia Keys. I have more than that, though. Like, Ja Rule, Notorious B.I.G. … and you have to throw in Drake and Big Sean, too.”

LandOf10: Who is your biggest role model?

Herbert: “God himself.”

LandOf10: What’s one thing about Kai-Leon Herbert that no one knows about?

Herbert: “I grew up wanting to be a soccer player.”

LandOf10: When did you decide to play football instead?

Herbert: “At about 7 or 8 years old.”

LandOf10: If it wasn’t football … what would you be doing now?

Herbert: “Basketball.”

Herbert added that, despite rumors early this season concerning Florida, he is 100 percent a Michigan commit. He will sign his letter of intent in February on National Signing Day, and be in Ann Arbor in the summer of 2017.
 
Back
Top