Sitkowski

Been wondering, can anyone name a quarterback who had bad high school numbers who had a great college career?
Aaron Rodgers and Ryan Leaf.

False. Aaron Rodgers was good in high school, he set records in his conference - first to pass for over 2k yards back to back as well as school record for yards. He just wasn't highly recruited so he went to Butte Community College before going to Cal. Anyways, Aaron Rodgers is an extremely special circumstance though, because as a freshman in HS he was 5'3", as a junior he was 5'7", by his senior season he was 6'0", Then as a frosh at BCC he was 6'2". And at BCC he threw 28 TDs and led them to the championship. Rodgers was never a bad high school player, he just wasn't recruited...theres a difference.

Advertisement
I know there's been some talk about Sit's performance/ abilities through his recruiting process, but after watching some of his stuff there are a couple of things that I noticed.

1) His mechanics are D1. His steps are consistent and fast. His release is quick. And he has good strength.

2) He has wheels for a big guy.

3) He seems to make good decisions for the most part.

I'm interested to see what he does with the talent at IMG.

If he has such imposing physical abilities and such great attributes, why has he been so underwhelming in the stats dept? He has taylor cook esque HS numbers

he went to the local hs in my town before transferring to IMG. I know his stats are far from impressive at old bridge but his teammates and the offensive system/coaching was limited and that's being generous. im very interested to see how he does at IMG this yr. by all accts a great and hardworking smart kid

I think part of the bad stats is the offense he played in. Much like GT qb stats aren't great. This season should be a much better indicator of his abilities.

I hate this excuse. 2:1 INT to TD is from bad decision making.
Bad decision​ making in high school is not a deal breaker.

Talent and arm strength are more important. With a proper qb coach in a D1 program he can learn when to throw it away or take the sack

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The guy is basically a hybrid version of Buck Ortega /Gray Crow, but with more hype.

Sitowski has shown you who he is, and to expect him to be some stud after severely under performing at the HS level is foolish. The guy has shown no accuracy, no touch, he's been a bad decision maker and and has very little feel for the game.

He's never going to play meaningful snaps at Miami, and IF I comes I suspect he will transfer at some point, because we will for sure recruit over him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back