Since people can’t use google acc tie breaker rules

flyguy

Sophomore
Got sick of people saying I dunno what the tie breaker rules are all over the board

I expect it to come down to us and nd

Two-Team Tie
1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
2. Head-to-head competition versus the team with the best overall win percentage and proceeding though the conference. Multiple ties within the conference will be broken from first to last using the league’s tiebreaker policies.
3. Overall win percentage versus all common conference opponents.
4. Win percentage versus common conference opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference win percentage) and proceeding through other common conference opponents based upon their conference order of finish.
5. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
6. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

Advertisement
I was told there wouldn't be any math.
Calculate Figure It Out GIF by Swing Left

If we win out we go to Charlotte.

ND isn’t going 10-1. UNC controls their own destiny. They play us and ND.

Advertisement
I think this means that if ND and Miami are both 1 loss teams then how we performed vs Clemson vs how they perform against Clemson would be the tie breaker????

I think this means that if ND and Miami are both 1 loss teams then how we performed vs Clemson vs how they perform against Clemson would be the tie breaker????
No. It goes to the 5th tie breaker in that instance.

Pitt beats ND this weekend then all we need to do is win out correct?

Miami vs Va Tech could be a top 10 matchup when it’s played. If Miami wins out, including that game as well as UNC possibly being ranked at the end of the season, Miami would surely be the higher ranked team between the two (assuming they get raped by Clemson).

Advertisement
Miami vs Va Tech could be a top 10 matchup when it’s played. If Miami wins out, including that game as well as UNC possibly being ranked at the end of the season, Miami would surely be the higher ranked team between the two (assuming they get raped by Clemson).
It’s not the higher ranked by the polls; it’s basically the higher rated by a third party algorithm.

Understand that but I ca
It’s not the higher ranked by the polls; it’s basically the higher rated by a third party algorith
It’s not the higher ranked by the polls; it’s basically the higher rated by a third party algorithm.
I have to assume it (algorithm?) will be using some sort of formula? Rankings, common opponents etc... which it looks like Miami will win in ALL those areas. Ranking in the polls, beating UL and FSU considerably worse etc. I like our chances in that scenario is all.

Advertisement
Understand that but I ca

I have to assume it (algorithm?) will be using some sort of formula? Rankings, common opponents etc... which it looks like Miami will win in ALL those areas. Ranking in the polls, beating UL and FSU considerably worse etc. I like our chances in that scenario is all.
Correct, the algorithm is developed by highly skilled and qualified analysts from South Bend. Not even a minute chance at biased opinion. 100000% accurate.

Advertisement

If UNC beats ND the week before we play them, our destiny is in our own hands.

Hate to say it but if FSPOO some how keeps winning they might get ranked and that 50 burger would help.

Advertisement
Back