Since Butch, every HC has gotten to this point

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Every coach since Butch comes to this point, usually at year 3, sometimes, year 4 or even 5. So, here we are with Mario at year 3.

Do I think he will be fired after next season (unless he goes 5-7 or worse), no, but I'm telling you now, next season is do or die for Mario, regardless if they give him a 4th season or not.

9 wins is the absolute rock bottom minimum, but if we're really being honest about it, 10 wins is the actual minimum. If he doesn't pull that off, we will be looking for a new HC within 24 months maximum from tonight.

As I've stated multiple times previously, I wanted Lane, and I am convinced he would've already had us as a perrenial top 10 team, but as I've also stated previously, I'm pulling for Mario. I want him to succeed. I'd prefer not to replace yet another unsuccessful head coach.

Although, I'd probably give Mario a 40% chance of success, I will be pulling for him, like all the other post-Butch coaches, until it's time to not pull for them. We're not there yet, but 12 months from tonight should tell us what we need to know about his future here.

Advertisement
Every coach since Butch comes to this point, usually at year 3, sometimes, year 4 or even 5. So, here we are with Mario at year 3.

Do I think he will be fired after next season (unless he goes 5-7 or worse), no, but I'm telling you now, next season is do or die for Mario, regardless if they give him a 4th season or not.

9 wins is the absolute rock bottom minimum, but if we're really being honest about it, 10 wins is the actual minimum. If he doesn't pull that off, we will be looking for a new HC within 24 months maximum from tonight.

As I've stated multiple times previously, I wanted Lane, and I am convinced he would've already had us as a perrenial top 10 team, but as I've also stated previously, I'm pulling for Mario. I want him to succeed. I'd prefer not to replace yet another unsuccessful head coach.

Although, I'd probably give Mario a 40% chance of success, I will be pulling for him, like all the other post-Butch coaches, until it's time to not pull for them. We're not there yet, but 12 months from tonight should tell us what we need to know about his future here.

With the weak *** schedule, if he doesn't win 10 next season he needs to be put on double top secret probation.

Yr2 was supposed to be the year. The can only get kicked so far before it crumbles.

Advertisement
Mario is a good coach. He recruits like a maniac and eventually this team will be loaded.

It’s hard to say because CFB is so different now. A 5 win season could absolutely decimate Miami - theoretically 50 players could transfer out.

It all comes to quarterback talent acquisition. We’ve failed to degrees here for decades now. We have presently on the roster a still raw Jacurri and two non blue chip quarterbacks - one a true freshman and the other possessing one year of experience. If we cannot achieve at this position, nothing else matters.

Advertisement

Agree on every point, especially Lane.

Look at our coaches from 1980-2000: Howard( went to pros); JJ( NFL) Erickson( NFL) Butch( NFL). 2001- 2021; coker( fired, coached at UTSA); Shannon( fired, never HC again); Golden( fired, never HC'ed again), Richt( fired by UGA, retired); Manny( fired, now at Duke).
ANYONE if thery put in the time can and should recruit here. Jesus, its SOUTH FLORIDa. its like getting a tan, its not that hard. He is who he is and thats 8-4, 7-5, and in a wild, lucky break year, 9-3.

Lane would have brought the attitude of a Butch, JJ, Erickson, ie, chip on shoulder, and the aspiration to move on and upwards. Does Mario plan to one day coach in the NFL? Its a laughable idea.

Agree on every point, especially Lane.

Look at our coaches from 1980-2000: Howard( went to pros); JJ( NFL) Erickson( NFL) Butch( NFL). 2001- 2021; coker( fired, coached at UTSA); Shannon( fired, never HC again); Golden( fired, never HC'ed again), Richt( fired by UGA, retired); Manny( fired, now at Duke).
ANYONE if thery put in the time can and should recruit here. Jesus, its SOUTH FLORIDa. its like getting a tan, its not that hard. He is who he is and thats 8-4, 7-5, and in a wild, lucky break year, 9-3.

Lane would have brought the attitude of a Butch, JJ, Erickson, ie, chip on shoulder, and the aspiration to move on and upwards. Does Mario plan to one day coach in the NFL? Its a laughable idea.
Holy crap, can you imagine him as an NFL coach? I don't think any team would be so stupid as to try this out. Sheesh!!

Mario has this season to save his career, let's hope he makes the moves to do so.

Advertisement
Back