Simi Moala Utah OT as a Miami Transfer Portal Option at Oline

Paranos

All-ACC
Simi Moala was a DE coming out of High School back in 2015-16 he went on mormon mission then ended up at UTAH. He was recruited by Miami and officially visited back in 2015, he apparently knows Brad Kaaya.

After a week or so at Utah they switched Moala to Oline and put 60+lbs of weight on him ( sound familiar Canes). But unlike Zion Nelson, Moala had a few leg injuries due to his body not adjusting well to the added weight. He has played well enough on the field the last few years to starts at both LT and RT for the Utes as well as earn Honorable mention All Pac10 in 2019.

But this year he started the first 3 games for UTes but was benched after the SDSU game. He supposedly left the team after that and later entered the Transfer Portal.

He visited USC last week, and Texas is rumored to be kicking his recruitment tires as well. Simi Moala gives me the Jarred Williams 2.0 vibes they are roughly the same size and have the same blocking temperament. I believe Moala would have two years to play two years but provide added maturity to the oline room and quality depth.

His recruitment would also give Miami that coveted Polynesian anchor the fans having been pleading to get started. Snoop Amaama and Simi Moala would be huge additions to UM'S 2022 Oline class.

Moala is #69 playing Right Tackle

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
don't know much about this kid, BUT .... are we sure that he is both healthy, and doesn't have attitude issues that could be a problem in the locker room?

i'm never a fan a guys who seem to leave their teams pouting and in a huff when things don't go their way.

would be good to do a bit more due diligence on him

don't know much about this kid, BUT .... are we sure that he is both healthy, and doesn't have attitude issues that could be a problem in the locker room?

i'm never a fan a guys who seem to leave their teams pouting and in a huff when things don't go their way.

This exactly why I started the thread he could be boom or bust for Miami if he was brought in as a transfer. But most oline transfers are a high risk proposition, because I believe oline has the highest natural bust rate of any position.

Go Canes

I mean isn’t that every portal kid? Gotta dig into why he entered the portal and maybe poke around with people close to him and understand his drive and ambition….

For every J.Phillips, Roche etc…. There’s JT4s and J.Williams in there

I mean isn’t that every portal kid? Gotta dig into why he entered the portal and maybe poke around with people close to him and understand his drive and ambition….

For every J.Phillips, Roche etc…. There’s JT4s and J.Williams in there
Not good analogy all 4 were starters and solid to good players.

Advertisement
Link below
Www.bleacherreport.com/articles/2950493-br-recruiting-potential-impact-cfb-players-in-the-transfer-portal-part-1

It's been a long, winding road for offensive tackle Simi Moala, and plenty of turns remain in his college career.

The next one may be his biggest yet. The 6'7", 312-pound Utah offensive tackle will be one of the most sought-after players in the portal.

Originally part of the 2015 recruiting class, Moala signed with Oregon State before going on a two-year Mormon mission. He then signed with coach Kyle Whittingham's Utes as a defensive lineman before moving to the offensive line, where he was quickly a star.

As a redshirt freshman in 2019, Moala started 12 of 14 games and was an All-Pac-12 honorable mention.

Now he'll play his final three seasons of eligibility elsewhere, and the massive mauler who is a terrific right tackle prospect—and could wind up playing on Sundays—should have plenty of suitors.

After all, this is a player who has 18 starts in 21 games with the Utes. Everybody needs impactful offensive linemen, and there aren't many with the experience and remaining eligibility of Moala. He's a grown man who already has an NFL body.

He has spent time at left tackle, too, so he has shown the versatility to play a couple of spots on the line. If he stays in the portal, he will have inquiries from all across the country.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Class of 2015 with 3 years of eligibility left?

2015 - Redshirt
2016 - Mormon mission
2017 - Mormon mission
2018 - RS Freshman
2019 - RS Soph
2020 - RS Jr (Covid)
2021 - RS Jr
2022 - RS Jr (if he played less 4 games???)
2023 - RS Sr
2024 - RS Jarrid Williams

It’s early and misread the article, but this doesn’t compute.

Class of 2015 with 3 years of eligibility left?

2015 - Redshirt
2016 - Mormon mission
2017 - Mormon mission
2018 - RS Freshman
2019 - RS Soph
2020 - RS Jr (Covid)
2021 - RS Jr
2022 - RS Jr (if he played less 4 games???)
2023 - RS Sr
2024 - RS Jarrid Williams

It’s early and misread the article, but this doesn’t compute.

According to article he was RS FR in 2019 not 2018

According to article he was RS FR in 2019 not 2018

ok, so if he was part of the 2015 class, that means in signed in February 2015 and was a true freshman in the 2015 season.

4 years later he was a RS Freshman in 2019? Even with a 2 year mormon mission that doesn’t compute.

Btw, Scott Patchan was in Miami’s 2015 class. He is finishing his career this year and we joke about how long he has played. This man signed the same day as Patchan and will supposedly have 3 more years?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back