Silver Lining

Ver

Senior
With the virus limiting travel for a bit, this has to benefit us local prospects, I'm not sure when in person contact will be allowed again.

Advertisement
1584114087181.png

Advertisement
I was thinking the exact same thing. Guys will have less contact to with other schools to influence their decision. Bodes well for the players in South Florida.

Advertisement
Recruiting is suspended as of now.

No team is allowed to recruit on or off campus & all visits are cancelled.

This isn't helping anyone. Only the teams that had visits before everything got shut down are the ones that might benefit due to being the last program to make an impression on a prospect, but otherwise there are no benefits to recruiting in this situation.

We barely had any visits during our first week of Spring & hadn't made very many offers, so whenever this thing is finally over we're essentially going to have to start over from scratch in May-June.

Not stopping calls and video conferencing. I sure hope our guys are making the phone calls to keep kids interested.

Advertisement
Recruiting is suspended as of now.

No team is allowed to recruit on or off campus & all visits are cancelled.

This isn't helping anyone. Only the teams that had visits before everything got shut down are the ones that might benefit due to being the last program to make an impression on a prospect, but otherwise there are no benefits to recruiting in this situation.

We barely had any visits during our first week of Spring & hadn't made very many offers, so whenever this thing is finally over we're essentially going to have to start over from scratch in May-June.
I assume there are no restrictions on contacting or meeting with local HS coaches. Proximity should be an asset at this time.

I assume there are no restrictions on contacting or meeting with local HS coaches. Proximity should be an asset at this time.
There's no meeting with anyone, no visits allowed on or off campus, everything is shutdown/cancelled, the coaches both college & HS are all at home.

Phone contact can still be made, but this basically an extended Dead period.

Advertisement
Picked the wrong year to move from the traditional large junior days to more individualized recruiting.

We have been doing the individualize recruiting for years now starting with Richt.

Our JR day in January was because of the 7on7 tournament in the city.

What it really is the bad decision is the NCAA making Feb a dead period.

Advertisement
Back